PDA

View Full Version : Cuero will win state

pavilion
09-07-2004, 09:23 PM
i got 2 dollars on them so whoever replies to this accepts this bet and owes me after they do. if they go division 2 i figure the only challenge there is is atlanta and i dont think they're too good this year. so i guess they wouldnt be much of a challenge. besides them maybe sinton but from this board they're team is afraid of us. edna is looking pretty good this year coming off a very tough loss to highly ranked goliad who i believe have division 1 locked up.

Gobbla2001
09-07-2004, 09:24 PM
LMAO

44INAROW
09-07-2004, 09:38 PM
Well, it's official.. they are coming out of the woodwork now.......

IHStangFan
09-08-2004, 06:04 AM
i'm not taking this bet......it IS possible.

spiveyrat
09-08-2004, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Well, it's official.. they are coming out of the woodwork now.......

Where'd I put that can of Raid? :thinking:

UTFootBall#1
09-08-2004, 07:30 AM
"if they go division 2 i figure the only challenge there is is atlanta and i dont think they're too good this year."

I thought Jasper was also going to be D2 this year?....if Jasper is D2 then I am sure Cuero will have their hands full with them unless u think Jasper is not that great of a team...Liberty Hill is also another good team that will surely contend in D2 for the State Title...i dunno i just dont think its such a cakewalk as your making it seem for Cuero...peace

D2 Teams Contending for State title
1.Jasper??
2.Marlin
3.Liberty Hill
4.Cuero
5.Sinton
6.Atlanta
7.Decatur
8-12 - all the other teams no one seems to know about until they make the 4th round....

i dunno i just dont think D2 is such a cakewalk....

Titans
09-08-2004, 07:41 AM
This is one of the most hilarious things I've heard in some time.

When was the last time a team south of the I-10 won a state championship in 3A?????? What year was that?

Don't bet on Cuero - I'll take your bet and wouldn't mind losing $2.00 if it happens. Regardless, I'll still take that bet!

IHStangFan
09-08-2004, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by UTFootBall#1
"if they go division 2 i figure the only challenge there is is atlanta and i dont think they're too good this year."

I thought Jasper was also going to be D2 this year?....if Jasper is D2 then I am sure Cuero will have their hands full with them unless u think Jasper is not that great of a team...Liberty Hill is also another good team that will surely contend in D2 for the State Title...i dunno i just dont think its such a cakewalk as your making it seem for Cuero...peace

1.Jasper??
2.Marlin
3.Liberty Hill
4.Cuero
5.Sinton
6.Atlanta
7.Decatur
8-12 - all the other teams no one seems to know about until they make the 4th round....

i dunno i just dont think D2 is such a cakewalk.... Sinton is pretty good..but i dont think theyll contend for state this year....they play Cuero in two weeks and my money is on Cuero.

IHStangFan
09-08-2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Titans

When was the last time a team south of the I-10 won a state championship in 3A?????? What year was that?

Don't bet on Cuero - I'll take your bet and wouldn't mind losing $2.00 if it happens. Regardless, I'll still take that bet! what was it...2 or 3 yrs ago now ....Sinton played for the title and SHOULD have won over Everman...they had a better team that year. it started to rain and Sinton went from a passing game to a running game, and Everman's D was too fast on the ground. had they stuck to the the pass...they would have won easily. Sinton dominated the first half until it started to rain.

SintonFan
09-08-2004, 08:14 AM
I love this thread!:D
UTFootBall#1, the only way Sinton can make div. 2 is if they miss the playoffs...
IHStangFan, the first half of the title game was very evenly played. The second half Everman dominated and they deserved the win.:cool:
pavilion, if giving your opponent respect means your scared. Then, by golly! I'M SKURRED!:D :D :D

Phil C
09-08-2004, 09:03 AM
I'm scared too Sinton Fan. Look at what is coming this week. This week we have to play a big bad bear that has woked up. It was hibernating when they played Cuero but they woke up and beat a good Taft team and now are fully awake and will be tough this week. Thank goodness the game is in Sinton! Only break we will probably get this year!
Next week we have to play a rejunivated Beeville team which was already a 4A powerhouse and consistent playoff team with the new dynamic head coach who was tremendously successful in Mathis! Then comes though Cuero who is picked by many experts to win state this year! Woe is me! And the game is in Cuero to boot - Alas!
Then we have to go play in Orange Grove who is a tough playoff contender from years back. My fear is really getting to me now! Woe is me!
Then district starts! First it is with the Goliad Tigers who just beat a great Edna team 15 to 12. This is their first year in our district again. Thanks for nothing UIL! Then of course Aransas Pass with their outstanding coach will be tough and the game is at AP :(. Then Mathis who has a new outstanding coach who is having success and they beat a great Odem team! Man and it keeps getting worse. We have to play a good Ingleside team who has a new dynamic young coach who is getting them ready and they are the fastest growing school in the district. And then playoffs come if we are fortunate to make it!

Oh the Woe and the Agony! Alas! Alas! Surely there will be happier days than this!

Titans
09-08-2004, 09:04 AM
Stang:

Once again, when was the last time in 3A that a team south of I-10 WON a title?

I didn't say play.....it says WON

Sinton lost, don't take anything away from Everman with your should of, could of statement. Everman played in the same conditions Sinton did and the winner deserved to win.

Nevertheless....just answer my question please!!!!!!??????

Phil C
09-08-2004, 09:08 AM
Oh the agony and woe titan! :( I am speechless! (or should it be writerless)! Alas! Alas! Hard times! It is a tough old world isn't it Titan? Oh the Horror!

Underwater Basketweaver
09-08-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by UTFootBall#1

1.Jasper??
2.Marlin
3.Liberty Hill
4.Cuero
5.Sinton
6.Atlanta
7.Decatur

i dunno i just dont think D2 is such a cakewalk....

The only problem with this is that some of these teams could go D1. Decatur is automatic D1 because of the realignment, they are the largest school in the district so they have no choice. Some of the others could go D1 depending on how their districts unfold as well.

Titans
09-08-2004, 09:13 AM
For you, Phil C, it must be tough.

However, please answer the question! It's not a difficult question nor is the answer that difficult to come up with.

Woe to those south of I-10. Woe to those whom can't come up with the answer!

WOE - Nelly!

SintonFan
09-08-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I'm scared too Sinton Fan. Look at what is coming this week. This week we have to play a big bad bear that has woked up. It was hibernating when they played Cuero but they woke up and beat a good Taft team and now are fully awake and will be tough this week. Thank goodness the game is in Sinton! Only break we will probably get this year!
Next week we have to play a rejunivated Beeville team which was already a 4A powerhouse and consistent playoff team with the new dynamic head coach who was tremendously successful in Mathis! Then comes though Cuero who is picked by many experts to win state this year! Woe is me! And the game is in Cuero to boot - Alas!
Then we have to go play in Orange Grove who is a tough playoff contender from years back. My fear is really getting to me now! Woe is me!
Then district starts! First it is with the Goliad Tigers who just beat a great Edna team 15 to 12. This is their first year in our district again. Thanks for nothing UIL! Then of course Aransas Pass with their outstanding coach will be tough and the game is at AP :(. Then Mathis who has a new outstanding coach who is having success and they beat a great Odem team! Man and it keeps getting worse. We have to play a good Ingleside team who has a new dynamic young coach who is getting them ready and they are the fastest growing school in the district. And then playoffs come if we are fortunate to make it!

Oh the Woe and the Agony! Alas! Alas! Surely there will be happier days than this!
Is this Phil C orPhiI C? :eek:
You crack me up Phil!:D
Titan, I'm not sure what year it was(mid 80's) but Cuero would be my guess. Sealy won several, but they are ON I-10.
BTW, no one from Sinton takes anything away from Everman. They are a class act and deserved that awesome victory.
It has been a long time since the coastal bend has a seen a state title so we tend to take title runs pretty seriously.;)

Phil C
09-08-2004, 09:20 AM
Oh the woeful saints of the sahara! Help me overcome this woe! I am so speechless with the wrath of titans! Help us spirits of joy! Such pressing times! :(

Titans
09-08-2004, 09:36 AM
I gotta tell you Phil...I kinda like the new you!

You still only focus on the ladies sporting events that millions and millions will purposely refuse to watch, but I like this!

At least you can add some comedy to the board :D

pancho villa
09-08-2004, 09:54 AM
Only if they go Div II. They won't go past the first round in Div I.

PappaBear
09-08-2004, 10:27 AM
I'll take that bet, pretty good odds, Cuero against everyone else in D2. You better pay. HA HA

IHStangFan
09-08-2004, 10:31 AM
For you, Phil C, it must be tough.

However, please answer the question! It's not a difficult question nor is the answer that difficult to come up with.

WOE - Nelly!
www.google.com

i have given you the gift to be able to answer your own question....dont say i never gave you anything

;)

Titans
09-08-2004, 11:03 AM
Actually, I don't have to look up the answer...I already know.

That's why I will NEVER pick a team from south of I-10!
I'll put $1,000 every year that no team from region IV will win a state championshp. More times than none, I'll win!

Point being...this year is NO exception!

chaingang
09-08-2004, 11:26 AM
TITAN, what about the new kid in town?:D were about 6miles south of I 10.:kiss:

RiverRat19
09-08-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Phil C

If you were serious about your comment then: Oh ye of little faith.... Cuero is the real deal but still human. Taft and West Oso are nowhere near the teams from a year ago and should not be excessively worried about. Beeville has some talent but is still learning the new offense (and still can't play consistent D) and Orange Grove has mysteriously gotten worse since their scrimmages. Pre district, worse case scenario Pirates are 4-2. If anyone with any football sense watched the G-P game, they know how good both teams really are.

District might be more of a challenge than last year but nothing to be terribly afraid of. AP has looked good early but their defense remains to be challenged by a real high caliber opponent (regardless of classification.) Ingleside and Mathis have had good games but they have yet to have success against serious contenders (Odem and Bishop don't count.) Goliad is a wild card- they usually have good athletes but have had problems recently winning. No telling how that group comes out.

Don't freak out- you know how the kids and coaches in this program perform and react to the "big games." If you were not serious, then disregard as you already know these things.

chaingang
09-08-2004, 12:06 PM
On a serious note, I really think that if a 3A team loses to an excellent 4A team, they should not drop in their respective class ranks. Thats just me. I know rankings don't mean crap, but just the truth in fairness is my point.:)

Sinton is one of my models.

Old Green
09-08-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by chaingang
On a serious note, I really think that if a 3A team loses to an excellent 4A team, they should not drop in their respective class ranks. Thats just me. I know rankings don't mean crap, but just the truth in fairness is my point.:)

Sinton is one of my models.

This is true ChainGang.

When you get right down to all the teams in three are ranked .
#1 thru #187. Rankings aren't important.

Ray_BearKat
09-08-2004, 01:32 PM

Don't bet on Cuero - I'll take your bet and wouldn't mind losing $2.00 if it happens. Regardless, I'll still take that bet!

I think the answer is Bandera...in 2002, not like that was too long ago.

And you must be a betting man since everything north of I-10 is around 75% of all 3A teams in the state...of course the odds are stacked against the southern teams.

IHStangFan
09-08-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Ray_BearKat

And you must be a betting man since everything north of I-10 is around 75% of all 3A teams in the state...of course the odds are stacked against the southern teams. HA! great point.........OUCH Titan...that musta hurt. :p

innkeeper
09-08-2004, 06:38 PM
It doesnt look like pavilion was being too serious which fits because neither is Cuero. Wharton will bring the real Cuero out this friday night in there own stadium. Wharton 40 The Quero Goobers 0. Jones will take it to the house all night.

pavilion
09-08-2004, 06:52 PM
yeah wharton better be able to beat a team of queers... but they got their hands full this week with cuero... and last year jones kept getting around us because of a lb making the wrong calls on defense...

GUT
09-08-2004, 06:53 PM
How long is cooper out?

pavilion
09-08-2004, 06:54 PM
the season... he just had surgery last weekend

IHStangFan
09-08-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by innkeeper
It doesnt look like pavilion was being too serious which fits because neither is Cuero. Wharton will bring the real Cuero out this friday night in there own stadium. Wharton 40 The Quero Goobers 0. Jones will take it to the house all night. WHOA! i dont doubt that this will be a good game...but Cuero totally shut out?? it'll never happen. :hand:

afflac39
09-08-2004, 10:28 PM
Cuero will not win state. If they go to division 1 they will not make pass the 2 round. If they go to division 2 they will not make past the 3rd round that is due because they dont have any playmakers that decide the outcome of the game on one given play......

IHStangFan
09-09-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by afflac39
Cuero will not win state. If they go to division 1 they will not make pass the 2 round. If they go to division 2 they will not make past the 3rd round that is due because they dont have any playmakers that decide the outcome of the game on one given play...... as opposed to playing as a TEAM and running like a well oiled machine?? :rolleyes:

big daddy russ
09-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Ray_BearKat
I think the answer is Bandera...in 2002, not like that was too long ago.

Haha.

Gobbler Fan
09-09-2004, 03:35 PM
Lets see , maybe you should ask the La gGrange fans about our soph. runningback 15 carries 177 yd's 3td's and that wasnt our starter he only had 15 carries for 136 yd's but your right we have no gamebreakers whatsoever

:hand:

scotty
09-09-2004, 08:20 PM
It's only the third week of the season. Many things can happen along the way. But I do like Cuero. They have great depth and a new coach who is seasoned and is doing a great job. They play great defense and can beat a good team by either throwing or running.
Wharton has tons of talented players and could very well derail them tomorrow night, but I just don't see it.
For years and years I heard the same thing that the Dividion IV teams couldn't win a state championship because there were too many teams with IBM players (IBM...Itty Bitty Mexicans). If you remember Sealy came out of Division IV and won two state championships and played for another.
I can remember games against Cuero, Port Isabel, George West, Hondo and several others being just great games until Sealy's speed walked away from them.
Let's play the game, if we knew how they would come out before hand, what fun would it be.

Bandera YaYa
09-09-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Haha. We sure did grab the brass ring (acutally they were gold with blue stones) in 2002!!! WooHoo!! Thanks for remembering!!!
:D :D :cool: :D :D

Yo-Tex Dawg
12-09-2004, 04:59 PM
ttt.... looks like some people may have to be paying up soon

44INAROW
12-09-2004, 05:06 PM

WOE - Nelly!

to the top (just in case we need this)

AP Panther Fan
12-09-2004, 05:22 PM
OMG 44! All this time I have been cheering for you not realizing I was wasting my time since you are south of I-10!:evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

Thanks for allowing this thread to re-surface....it was fun to read!:D

44INAROW
12-09-2004, 05:27 PM
It is fun to go back and see what was said 3 months ago :D

Yo-Tex Dawg
12-09-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by afflac39
Cuero will not win state. If they go to division 1 they will not make pass the 2 round. If they go to division 2 they will not make past the 3rd round that is due because they dont have any playmakers that decide the outcome of the game on one given play......

well they sure did make it past the 2nd round

SintonFan
12-09-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Yo-Tex Dawg
ttt.... looks like some people may have to be paying up soon
I wonder who folks will be paying that money to?:thinking:

cat dog horse
12-09-2004, 10:10 PM
Actually, I don't have to look up the answer...I already know.

That's why I will NEVER pick a team from south of I-10!
I'll put $1,000 every year that no team from region IV will win a state championshp. More times than none, I'll win!

Point being...this year is NO exception!

wow this guy must feel pretty stupid

Yo-Tex Dawg
12-09-2004, 10:16 PM
well obviously they will be paying it to pavilion since he started the thread

Ranger05
12-09-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
We sure did grab the brass ring (acutally they were gold with blue stones) in 2002!!! WooHoo!! Thanks for remembering!!!
:D :D :cool: :D :D man that was a great game it still hurts though to think that we got that close and came up short

MagicMan
12-09-2004, 10:43 PM
didn't a bunch of people bet pavilion that cuero would go to state or win state?

Gobbler Fan
12-09-2004, 10:48 PM
Well then maybe he should be unbanned ....hell he knew what he was talking about .....let the guru back :rolleyes:

gobbler_fan04
12-09-2004, 10:51 PM
Amen, brother! That guy is going to grow up to be some kind of professional sports annalysist or something

SintonFan
12-10-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Well then maybe he should be unbanned ....hell he knew what he was talking about .....let the guru back :rolleyes:

LOL!:D
Where do we send the money to?:D

olddawggreen
12-10-2004, 01:45 AM
Banning is not good enough for him, tye him to a fire ant bed and stir them up!!!!:D :D

Highschoolfan78
12-10-2004, 02:09 AM
Wow that was a great laugh reading that haha... Pavilion is a genious!! Pavilion for president !! JK