PDA

View Full Version : Clyde vs. Bangs

J-Kwon
09-07-2004, 06:14 PM
well i will have to pick Clyde in this one. they have one of best defenses i've seen this year. they are much improved from last year's team. you know...it may sound crazy but i wouldn't be surprised if you seen them in the playoffs this year.

vet93
09-07-2004, 08:24 PM
I think that Clyde can beat Bangs for two reasons. One, they have been playing well so far this year, especially on defense. Two, Bangs has been a slow starter as of late. They are usually not in very good shape this time of year but seem to gel about midseason and do well in district and the playoffs. However, I don't see Clyde making the playoffs. Wylie is playing well and will get better (last year was a fluke, Clyde changed its whole offensive philosphy from a spread to a power running game right before the Wylie game last year and caught them by surprise, along with out hustling Wylie). Snyder may be the class of the district and will overpower Clyde. Merkel and Sweetwater have not been dominating but they have shown that they are as good if not a little bit better than Clyde the first two games of the season. Of course anything can happen and I would like to see Clyde do well (they deserve a shot), but I just don't see the playoffs in their future this year.

J-Kwon
09-07-2004, 09:09 PM
Well Vet i will have to disagree with you and I will tell you why. Yes this district is very tough, I will be the first to tell you that. But Clyde has and will have the best defense in the district, probably in the area. Yes, I said the best in the area. That alone will keep them in every ballgame. Sweetwater is down this year, there is no denying that. Merkel has nothing but a running quarterback. What I'm saying is that every team in the district besides maybe Wylie plays into the strength of Clyde, that is stopping the run. So I would not count Clyde out of the playoffs just yet...

wildstangs
09-07-2004, 09:26 PM
Its hard for me to decide anything on Clyde. I am going to wait and see how they do the next couple of weeks. Coahoma shouldnt be too much of a problem, but Brady was a playoff team last year, (beat Clyde if I remember right) and I will be very surprised if Clyde stays within 21 points of Vernon. Clyde's defense does look pretty good so far, but again, Ballinger is not what the used to be, and Breckenridge has struggled quite a bit lately. Bangs should be no problem for the Bulldogs.

sirhc11
09-07-2004, 09:48 PM
Thank you J-kwon. It's about time some gave the props to the hard-hitting Clyde defense. I think clyde will take care of Bangs with ease as they have no one to contend will the Bulldog defense. Also I think Clyde will make playoffs because Merkel or Sweetwater can't hang with Clyde on offense with Chiappone and Wilkerson on the field. Also Agnew put up 244 passing yards against Breckenridge. WATCH OUT DISTRICT 4-3A!!!

vet93
09-08-2004, 08:28 AM
Guys....I hope that Clyde makes the playoffs...I have said all along that they are due. I will be the first to congratulate the Bulldogs if they make the postseason. However, if I am right, and Clyde doesn't make the playoffs...will you be here to eat crow like men?

BigAbe79
09-08-2004, 11:33 AM
We will be here. But its not gonna be because we didnt make the playoffs, it will be because we did.

vet93
09-08-2004, 11:59 AM
Fair enough BigAbe....the bet is on....and good luck to the Bulldogs.

Originally posted by BigAbe79
We will be here. But its not gonna be because we didnt make the playoffs, it will be because we did.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-08-2004, 12:32 PM
With all this talk I may just have to drive down and watch the Vernon / Clyde game in a few weeks. May be a better game that I expected when I first saw the schedule. If so, then I sould be able to give an objective opinion after watching Wylie and Clyde both play Vernon.

Can't wait.

Johnny Moxen
09-08-2004, 02:11 PM
Well call me a skeptic, but until Clyde proves to me that they can win the BIG games consistantly (not just one against Wylie) I don't think they can make the playoffs. Hope the team can prove me wrong. I do think they can beat Bangs. I don't know if Bangs has lost too many weapons over the past two seasons or what their deal is, but their very beatable. I too agree that the Vernon game will be a good test. District is going to be very tough this year, if Clyde makes the palyoffs they will have earned it.

J-Kwon
09-08-2004, 07:01 PM
Clyde's defense has allowed only 58 yards rushing in the first 2 games combined. Bangs rarely throws the ball. Clyde by 21

BigAbe79
09-08-2004, 11:11 PM
i agree

westTXbest
09-08-2004, 11:15 PM
i think Clyde might when one game after they play vernon, against merkel .

BigAbe79
09-08-2004, 11:20 PM
I guess we will just have to see what happens.

Blk&Gold4ever
09-09-2004, 11:15 AM
"they are much improved from last year's team"

very tough district ahead

LOL..........:crazy:

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-09-2004, 01:02 PM
Just FYI:

It seems like the strength of Clyde is the defense. We will see how it goes the next couple of weeks. I think Clyde beats Bangs also and I'm speculating that the Defesne shows up again.

One test will be Vernon's speed. They have had three long TD runs in the first two contests:

95 yard TD Sparkam HB
90 Yard TD Hall FB
80 yard TD Weitner WB

Their number 1 HB has been out with a sp. ankle and may play this week. I hope they hold him out until Wylie because I bet he is not ready. You know how those ankles are.

As long as Clyde keeps winning, I'll make the trip from Vernon.

J-Kwon
09-09-2004, 06:41 PM
Blackngold4ever, yes they are tons improved from last years team. They play better as a team and bluntly have more overall football talent than last years team.

Blk&Gold4ever
09-10-2004, 10:56 AM
I wish them all the luck in the world but??????............. ..........

Clydes had a chance for the playoffs last two years....... offensive play calling took care of that.
And it will again..........

We have had and have talant....... we need someone who knows what to do with them.

I hope you prove me wrong.

renegade*dawg
09-10-2004, 11:10 AM
they've looked pretty good so far. but come one jkwon. what are ya smokin'? no way.

Clyde takes this one tonight. 14points

J-Kwon
09-10-2004, 03:18 PM
what am I smokin? ok, the stats and victories will speak for themselves. They are better than last year, hands down.

sirhc11
09-10-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by renegade*dawg
they've looked pretty good so far. but come one jkwon. what are ya smokin'? no way.

Clyde takes this one tonight. 14points

Renegade*Dawg, your from Clyde why do you have to keep trying to bring them down. The team this year is better than the team from last. It's not our fault you didnt capitalize and let a Sophomore take your starting position.

Blk&Gold4ever
09-10-2004, 04:38 PM
good luck tonight

J-Kwon
09-10-2004, 10:30 PM
Clyde won tonight 21-14. Defense came up big again. They were a little lackadaisical at the start of the second half but was the only drive Bangs put together. They should be improved next week when their best lineman returns from injury.