PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Park v. Wimberley ?

clayalan
09-07-2004, 03:48 PM
These two teams have never faced each other, should be pretty interesting to see Nelms coaching against his old team. I know what Wimberley has but I would like some insight on I.P. Can anybody help me?

KTJ
09-07-2004, 04:26 PM
Is Wimberley really going all the way to Iowa Park?

What is that a 3 hour ride in a car? Which makes it about 5 on a yellowhound.

LH Panther Mom
09-07-2004, 04:30 PM
They're actually playing in Brownwood.

TEXAN_LB_52
09-07-2004, 08:42 PM
Yes, Wimberley will be playing in the Gordon Wood Classic @ Brownwood stadium this Saturday at 1pm. As far as insight towards the game this weekend...only this. Iowa Park has a small quarterback with a fairly decent set of wheels. Nothing to write home about, but nevertheless definetely one of the hawks biggests assets. The Hawks will most likely keep the ball on the ground alot, in an attempt to try to utilize their speed in the backfield and size up front. Not to say that they cant throw, but strength is in the backs. Defensively the Hawks looked moderate at best. This could be a reflection of poor coaching, which is likely, or it could be that they just aren't that good. It will be interesting to see how these teams fair against each other and intuition tells me that this is a pivotal win for either team and most definitely one of the better 3a games in the state this week.

TEXAN_LB_52
09-07-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
They're actually playing in Brownwood.

Gobbla2001
09-07-2004, 08:49 PM
I'll prolly be at this game...

VERNONLION#1
09-07-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by clayalan
These two teams have never faced each other, should be pretty interesting to see Nelms coaching against his old team. I know what Wimberley has but I would like some insight on I.P. Can anybody help me?
I.P comes out of District 5-3a which has some really strong teams. I.P. is prolly stronger on offense right now. But, overall I feel like they have a strong team. You will see I.P. run several different offenses throughout the game just from having played against them. Their QB is a very good player. Where is Wimberly located?

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-07-2004, 11:58 PM
IP is a very good team and very well coached. They will run multiple formations until they find one that works. Then they use it until teh defense can stop it. That must be tough on those kids having to know all those different formations. Nevertheless the QB (Swinson) went to state in track so he has some serious speed. Also he can throw the ball. In fact he will throw the deep ball and he does it well. Don't underestimate this team. They have beaten two 4A teams already, although they are both sub par teams, they are what they are.

I would agree with TEXAN_LB_52 if he is a player and has seen game tape on this team, I would suspect that the backs are their strength. Watch out because they will go to the spread and use those backs as recievers. Also I don't know if they will do this in non-district but they line up in a weird formation where a tackle is out next to a WR in the spread. They can do a couple of things out of this formation depending on how the defense adjusts. Looks very weired when you see it.

don't know a thing about Wimberley, but I will say that IP is very scrappy and their QB is very good.

Can't wait to see how this one comes out.

Z~

LH Panther Mom
09-08-2004, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by VERNONLION#1
Where is Wimberly located?
Southwest of Austin.

KTJ
09-08-2004, 10:37 AM
Did those 2 twins from the basketball team at Wimberley graduate? I believe they were the coache's sons.

LH Panther Mom
09-08-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Did those 2 twins from the basketball team at Wimberley graduate? I believe they were the coache's sons.

I believe they did graduate - and yes, they are Coach White's sons.

hawk-04
09-14-2004, 03:56 PM
Texan-LB-52
hmmmm....I was at the game Saturday, and man did I see a lot of green hitting you. Their defense must not have been as bad as you said they were. Sounds like you need to get your facts strait before you go into a game. Almost sounds like you have some personal problems that need to be solved.
I did notice how after the game (in which Iowa Park BEAT Wimberly) you sauntered off the field with your tail between your legs. Maybe you shouldn't be talking smack so much. Looked more like Wimberly had problems they needed to deal with than Iowa Park.

clayalan
09-14-2004, 08:14 PM
I.P. should send a thank you letter to Wimberley for all the gift wrapped TDs

Gobbla2001
09-14-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by hawk-04
Texan-LB-52
hmmmm....I was at the game Saturday, and man did I see a lot of green hitting you. Their defense must not have been as bad as you said they were. Sounds like you need to get your facts strait before you go into a game. Almost sounds like you have some personal problems that need to be solved.
I did notice how after the game (in which Iowa Park BEAT Wimberly) you sauntered off the field with your tail between your legs. Maybe you shouldn't be talking smack so much. Looked more like Wimberly had problems they needed to deal with than Iowa Park.

#1 I didn't REALLY see TEXAN_LB_52 talking too much smack on this thread and #2 Iowa Park has a lot to work on... I've seen West Oso, La Grange, Wharton and Cuero play this year and to be honest, if they'd of played these teams, so far they'd prolly be 1-3 at the best...

I actually think they're pretty well coached, #72 is pretty big on the O-line but was on his butt more than a clumbsy ice-skater...

Wimberly's D needs to not lose their composure so much, they were getting too frusterated and not focussing on the next play...

The offense got off to a slow start (actually, both did) but had this game been 5 quarters long Wimberly would have won...

I see these two teams as being possible playoff teams, they're good, just nothing outstanding was witnessed by me minus the very hot girls from Wimberly...

Also, Iowa Park lacks depth... and hot girls...

Go Texans!

WTtexanf_ball06
09-14-2004, 08:49 PM
hawk 04..... our defense shut yall down all day long besides a few big plays and i mention 2 goalline stands.... and yalls defense didnt even look that good ... we were just having a horrible game on offense.... we know it and evrybody else knows it and u should too.... we are the better team... and if we would of been playing the hole game like we did at the end .. yall would of gotten laughed out of the stadium. yall better thank god we gave yall so many turnovers. if i recall at the end of the game.. we had yalls defense running scared... and yalls offense sputtering.... ya yall may have won.... but we gave yall the win... yall didnt earn it. if we see yall again in the playoffs you better come ready to play.

Hookem Horns Go Texans

hawk-04
09-15-2004, 07:32 AM
sure we can sit here and say that if there had been another quarter there might have been a different turnout. however, the game of football is four quarters long (unless going into overtime). Anything could have happened in your immaginary 5th quarter including the HAWKS eating your lunch. The game was not GIVEN to us. We earned every point on that board, and we held you to what you earned.
at least our coaches have class. you could hear yalls coaches yelling all the way over in our stands. that is really tasetful.
you need to come to the conclusion, that you guys were just not able to compete with the hawks.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-15-2004, 10:29 AM
IP won. What else needs to be said? Gift, unearned or not, IP won the game. They were the better team that particular day.

TEXAN_LB_52
09-15-2004, 08:43 PM
To the childish, misinformed, and apparently illiterate Hawk04...In what regards to anything signifigant about the game on Saturday was I "talking trash"? It is true that Iowa Park won the game and I am in no doubt that this is in fact a reality........HOWEVER.... It is also true that Coach Ellis made a public statement saying that Wimberley Controlled BOTH sides of the ball... With that siad, let me throw a few stats at you. "52" was the games leading tackler on either team and had three cbl's to go along with 10+ solo tackles...Also, The Hawks had about 200 yards total offense and only 83 yards on scoring drives. The Texans had two goaline stands and caused the "3 and out" approximately 50% of the time. Even AFTER this loss, the Wimberley Defense averages 115 total yards of offense per game.(however personel failed to deliver stats to the statesman THIS week). Statistically making them the strongest Defense in Central Texas. However, these numbers should not be percieved as trashtalk. Just facts.

Finally...My congratulations to the coaching staff at Iowa Park, particularly Coach Ellis. Also, good job to class act QB Justin Swenson. Best of luck this season....

TEXAN_LB_52
09-15-2004, 08:51 PM
For the record...I agree with Z motion. TTHE BETTER TEAM ALWAYS WINS. Iowa Park was the better TEAM on this particular day. Undoubtly the Texans are a better team overall, but you can not win a ball game with only one side of the ball.{if you know what I mean} I am not taking anything away from their victory... For that would be sheer lack of integrity. THIS IS TO ALL POTENTIAL OPPONENTS... save trashtalking until FRIDAY NIGHTS!!!! But feel free to talk football with me during the week!