PDA

View Full Version : manor

supra05
09-06-2004, 12:43 AM
any thoughts on manor this year??

Eagleman
09-06-2004, 12:47 AM
I'm positive that they are way overrated because of their play last year against BH, they do have a good reciever in Swain, but unless a new wave of athletes have washed in, they aren't as good as proposed.

Chopblock
09-06-2004, 06:55 AM
Manor returned several good athletes and have a few freshman that will help down the road.
as far as being overated, i think that could be said of alot of teams early in the year
Manor is a well coached team, the will do good in their district. which by the way could be one of the toughest in the state

Pudlugger
09-06-2004, 07:33 AM
Manor is not overrated. They are a very good football team and will go deep in the play-offs.

Mustang '89
09-06-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Eagleman
I'm positive that they are way overrated because of their play last year against BH, they do have a good reciever in Swain, but unless a new wave of athletes have washed in, they aren't as good as proposed.

I think it is a little more than that. I think it was a shutout victory over Navasota (28-0) and win over Barbers Hill and coming within three yards a making the state semi's last year (Jasper 24-21)

I also think it has something to do with 8 offensive and 6 defensive starters returning. I continue to hope that people think Anthony Swain is the only player on this team. (Please double team him!!!) They will all be in for a rude awakening.

Please don't judge a team by what Dave Campbell has to say about them.

Mustang '89
09-06-2004, 03:54 PM
I think we will find out if Manor is for real when the travel to Liberty Hill on Sept. 17.

It should be a good one!!!!

hutex04
09-06-2004, 04:15 PM
Would be funny if Liberty Hill goes 1-3 after burnet,hutto, and manor. Doughtful, yet funny.

eagle.eyes
09-06-2004, 05:20 PM
Hey Mustang, did last year's LB graduate. I forgot his #. What an impressive play-making stud!

Gobbla2001
09-06-2004, 05:22 PM
Now that I read further into Manor, I do feel they are a tad underrated...

I guess we'll have to wait and see, but they shouldn't be taken lightly, that's for sure...

hutex04
09-06-2004, 05:28 PM
underrated or overrated? I think they deserve to be ranked where they are. Untill they prove otherwise then people cannot say they are overrated.

Mustang '89
09-06-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by eagle.eyes
Hey Mustang, did last year's LB graduate. I forgot his #. What an impressive play-making stud!

# 10 Bryan Tarvin did graduate last year. He was a four year starter at MLB and has left some big shoes to fill on the Mustang defense. His biggest stops last year had to be stopping Navasota's Chris Smith four times from the one yard line. He is sorely missed in the middle, but Manor has more than capable players to fill his place.

Mustang '89
09-06-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Now that I read further into Manor, I do feel they are a tad underrated...

I guess we'll have to wait and see, but they shouldn't be taken lightly, that's for sure...

I think they are right where they should be.......we will find out when they play Liberty Hill on the 17th.