PDA

View Full Version : SLPYBEAR WEEKLY PICK'EM -- Week #3 -- Decatur vs. Gainesville

slpybear the bullfan
09-05-2004, 11:38 PM
This Week's Pick 'em...

This week Slpybear asks the Down Low to tell us who will come out on top in another awesome early season matchup... one that should be a preview of some early playoff football in Region I, Div I.... The Decatur Eagles and the spread lead by QB Chandler Dane take on Gainesville with the feared running attack of Terrius Purvey. Folks, this one ought to be a great one....

Poll should close on Friday.

Last Week's Pick'em...

Last week we picked the match up of Liberty Hill vs. Burnet. It turned out to be a close one, with Burnet edging out Liberty Hill, 28-27...

We had 32 folks pick correctly and 16 pick incorrectly, for a total of 48 folks. Our winning percentage in week 2 was 66.6%...

2004 Season Results...

(Click on a Week to be taken to that thread...)

Week 2 - Liberty Hill vs. Burnet - 32 of 48 - 66.6% week 2 - 59% cumlative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18151)
Week 1 - Jasper vs. WOS - 33 of 62 - 53% week 1 - 53% cumulative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17853)

As always, I welcome your thoughts and suggestions.

Slpybear

Keith7
09-05-2004, 11:41 PM
Some one should video tape this one and send it to me.. there could be a cash reward if someone could do this pm me please..

HighSchool Fan
09-06-2004, 10:14 PM
Are the ones voting for Decatur really thinking that Decatur will win, or is it that you just don't like Gainesville?

PPHSfan
09-06-2004, 10:30 PM
Gainesville will probably be able to score enough points to cover the 24 or so they will give up.

Gainesville 30
Decatur 24

Unless of course Decatur upsets. However if the Eagles win....I am guessing it will be by at least 14 points.

crabman
09-06-2004, 10:31 PM
Like I said on another thread, Gainesville's coach has NEVER lost since becoming Gainesville's head coach . Not last year. Not this year. I just can't pick against that.

Keith7
09-06-2004, 10:34 PM
Go Gainesville!

KTownBalla
09-07-2004, 12:08 AM
Gonna give the defending state champs the benefit of the doubt. They earned the title, might as well be put to some use...right??...lol

CwillRB
09-07-2004, 10:12 AM
talkin as a spectator on the outside even though i play 4 d town.g ville is a great team and had a spectacular season last year but last year is last year and i can guarentte you that if we dont win it will go down to the wire.We practiced to be state champs since 8th grade offseason and wont be stopped.

Chief Woodman
09-07-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by CwillRB
talkin as a spectator on the outside even though i play 4 d town.g ville is a great team and had a spectacular season last year but last year is last year and i can guarentte you that if we dont win it will go down to the wire.We practiced to be state champs since 8th grade offseason and wont be stopped.

Many teams have practiced with the same goal in mind. To say you will not be stopped is mighty bold talk. You ought to think twice about about giving guarantees. Although I share your view point that Decatur most likely will not be ran away from, I am not naive enough to "Guarantee" anything of the sort.

CwillRB
09-07-2004, 10:39 AM
no most teams goal is the playoffs but we surpassed that goal and have been ready and i still GUARENTEE a state championship for D Town in 04-05 knowing thats a bold statment ill say it a thousand times regardless of this weeks outcome

Keith7
09-07-2004, 10:41 AM
good job.. you are just motivating Gainesville to run up the score more

CwillRB
09-07-2004, 10:45 AM
....okay try it pj

CwillRB
09-07-2004, 10:46 AM
i GUARENTEE you wont have part in that blowout what # are you you know you dont wanna feel this shell

PPHSfan
09-07-2004, 10:56 AM
Is school out in Decatur today?

Keith7
09-07-2004, 10:59 AM
i GUARENTEE you wont have part in that blowout what # are you you know you dont wanna feel this shell

i relaly dont think it will be a blow out.. and i was #33 2 years ago if that helps you to introduce me to the "shell"

PPHSfan
09-07-2004, 11:01 AM
I can't believe I am actually hoping Gainesville wins a game.:D

I hope Gainesville wins this game by 3 touchdowns now. That fantastic QB will have a hard day completing passes if he is getting knocked down all night.

CwillRB
09-07-2004, 11:09 AM
you need to practice what you preach your only as good as your last game?you can boast about last year and say your 3as best team and then talk about your only as good your last game,G Ville aint goin to phase Dane he'll light it up all night on g ville and watch me at runnin back 2 im #16

PPHSfan
09-07-2004, 11:10 AM
you need to practice what you preach your only as good as your last game?you can boast about last year and say your 3as best team and then talk about your only as good your last game,G Ville aint goin to phase Dane he'll light it up all night on g ville and watch me at runnin back 2 im #16

Well if your only as good as your last game. Gainesville won by about 60 points last week. And the game before that they won for the Gold.

District303aPastPlayer
09-07-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Well if your only as good as your last game. Gainesville won by about 60 points last week. And the game before that they won for the Gold.

good point.

Chief Woodman
09-07-2004, 01:13 PM

You've almost got me rooting against Decatur. That is if you are really even on the team. For your sake I hope you are not 'cause Kyle is gonna work your little rear end off- and then probably not let you play this week. Getting kicked off this board is the least of your worries if you are on the team.

MASH4077
09-07-2004, 04:09 PM
CwillRB was kicked off the team today! He has missed 7 practices without an excuse. Now he has turned on his former team-mates.

PPHSfan
09-07-2004, 04:11 PM
Wow,

What do you get for missing Six Practices without an excuse?

KTJ
09-07-2004, 04:43 PM
This post is getting funnier by the day, thanks to Cwill.

Keith7
09-07-2004, 06:15 PM
is there a webcast of this game?

JasperDog94
09-07-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by MASH4077
CwillRB was kicked off the team today! He has missed 7 practices without an excuse. Now he has turned on his former team-mates. That explains a lot.

Chief Woodman
09-07-2004, 09:01 PM
It even gets worse. He was letting someone else use his name to post. Another senior who was too rebellious to make the team. Please do not hold those posts against the good young men who are striving their best to be worthy opponents.

slpybear the bullfan
09-07-2004, 09:45 PM
Chief,

Stuff like this happens... I wouldn't sweat it. I think there are plenty of other talented kids who represent your town just fine.

Good luck,

FridayNights
09-07-2004, 10:02 PM
should be a great game. im going to take Decatur over Gainesville 28 - 21. Maybe this will give Decatur a spark to go all the way this season...I hope.

CwillRB
09-08-2004, 11:46 AM
Hey everybody i am sorry for the stupid stuf that i said about the decatur gainesville game this week. i dont even play for the team and this is my friend's member name i am just using it to say stuff on here. Sorry if i made anyone mad. I am really sorry for saying stuff that i can't uphold. Sorry D-Town.

PPHSfan
09-08-2004, 11:49 AM
Hey everybody i am sorry for the stupid stuf that i said about the decatur gainesville game this week. i dont even play for the team and this is my friend's member name i am just using it to say stuff on here. Sorry if i made anyone mad. I am really sorry for saying stuff that i can't uphold. Sorry D-Town.

I think you should have to write it 100 times on the black board in the field house.:D

Chief Woodman
09-08-2004, 12:45 PM

Everyone makes mistakes. Being good enough to acknowledge it and to say your sorry shows some guts. That is a trait many adults never aquire so you have my thanks for doing the right thing.

BALLER69
09-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Gainesville wins big .45-20

Keith7
09-09-2004, 06:16 PM
Gainesville is making a late surge

Chief Woodman
09-10-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by BALLER69
Gainesville wins big .45-20

score was close. Wrong team.

Keith7
09-10-2004, 11:03 PM
don't rub it in

Chief Woodman
09-10-2004, 11:10 PM
I am sorry bud. It looks to me like Gainesville just lost too much talent. Purvey is a very good back, but Decatur had a game plan and did very well. Both Gianesville scores were passes when Christian was on the sideline. When got in the game on "D" everything shut down. Not saying he did it alone...in fact the line and linebackers played like madmen.

Keith7
09-10-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Chief Woodman
I am sorry bud. It looks to me like Gainesville just lost too much talent. Purvey is a very good back, but Decatur had a game plan and did very well. Both Gianesville scores were passes when Christian was on the sideline. When got in the game on "D" everything shut down. Not saying he did it alone...in fact the line and linebackers played like madmen.

no purvey is not just a very good back, he is one of hte best in state, but 1 guy can not carry a team by himself.. let Gainesville mature this season and we'll see how things work out later in the year

WOS92
09-10-2004, 11:23 PM
don't rub it in

Keith, you reveled in rubbing it in to WO-S fans after the Jasper game. Take it like a man.

Chief Woodman
09-10-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
no purvey is not just a very good back, he is one of hte best in state, but 1 guy can not carry a team by himself.. let Gainesville mature this season and we'll see how things work out later in the year
You are absolutely correct. I expect that if we are lucky enough to meet again Gainesville will be a much, much different team.

Keith7
09-10-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by WOS92
Keith, you reveled in rubbing it in to WO-S fans after the Jasper game. Take it like a man.

your right.. i did have 1 post saying yall were overrated.. but i didnt go on every thread talking about how much better jasper was

Chief Woodman
09-11-2004, 09:10 PM
Time for the new poll

pavilion
09-11-2004, 11:40 PM
dude decatur is gonna kill gainesville... im gonna say 58-23... i dont know why i think this but i got a good feeling

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-12-2004, 12:19 AM
Decatur has scheduled a tough non-district. They have Graham next as well as Abilene Wylie.