09-05-2004, 11:32 PM
beautiful

marlin fan
09-05-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
beautiful I agree 100% good Job Matt!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-05-2004, 11:41 PM
Looks good and about right. Looks like Sinton will have to gain their status as a top 10 team again from u. I know its just rankings but always good to know other people notice ur team as one of the best in the state. GJ on ur rankings hope to see sinton back in it.

Chris Hart
09-05-2004, 11:47 PM
Matt, did Kennedale have alot of turnovers and penalties in their game against Crandall? That's the only ranking that caught my eye, after wasn't it Quinlan that handed it to Crandall in week 0 pretty bad. I don't know, I was just wondering if Kennedale had an off night against Crandall, and if you factored that in, and that's why Kennedale is so high.

theyoefnshow
09-05-2004, 11:49 PM
Caldwell there and Cameron not? Will wonders ever cease.

texasjeremy
09-05-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
Caldwell there and Cameron not? Will wonders ever cease.

There are better teams than Cameron not on the list.

MASH4077
09-05-2004, 11:52 PM
Decatur totally destroyed Kennedale in the last scrimmage, in a half of football it was 27-0. Kennedale is way overated.

Matthew328
09-05-2004, 11:54 PM
Don't look at scrimmages too much..Kennedale usually for some weird reason struggles with Crandall every year

Keith7
09-05-2004, 11:57 PM
where did west columbia come from?? i've never even heard of that school

ILS1
09-06-2004, 12:01 AM
I think Cuero should be ranked higher!! They are the real deal!!

OldBrahma04
09-06-2004, 12:08 AM
I don't think Marlin should be as high as they are. . everything else looks good though.

Matthew328
09-06-2004, 12:11 AM
West Columbia is a 4A drop down..they were 1-9 last year but played Bay City and El Campo fairly tough last year...they returned a lot of talent from last year...they beat Yoakum 28-10 and beat Brazosport 20-18 last week....

BIGHANK
09-06-2004, 02:12 AM
i cant complain

theyoefnshow
09-06-2004, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by texasjeremy
There are better teams than Cameron not on the list.

That being said there are better ones that Caldwell also. I agree about the Cuero statement. Any team that can shut out a La Grange team needs to be taken quite seriously.

CHS_Grad '85
09-06-2004, 10:05 AM
Make your top 25 list... it's all opinions anyway...

KTJ
09-06-2004, 10:32 AM
Gainesville is 1-0, not 2-0. Antonian was their first game.

zpiber
09-06-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by OldBrahma04
I don't think Marlin should be as high as they are. . everything else looks good though. Well come 10Sep04 everyone in Bellville will see why Marlin is and will be in the top 5 until the December month.:D

Bulldog_12
09-06-2004, 02:47 PM
That is a very good Poll. Kudos to that one. I agree fully. Even though I would like to see my dogs at #1 again. But thats just me. Just a die-hard fan's opinion. Ha!

mwynn05
09-06-2004, 06:23 PM
Cameron is not all that good

NHSRattler60
09-06-2004, 06:41 PM
Hm...we arent up there.

OldBrahma04
09-06-2004, 07:11 PM
Navasota will be on the soon enough

DawgFan91
09-07-2004, 10:10 AM
Pretty good poll. Disrespecting the AP #1 a bit though. I believe Cuero deserves top 5 status at least and I think we better watch out for Tatum who is playing real solid ball so far this year. If Longview Spring Hill wins again, they deserve some recognition too. Otherwise, nice job.

CwillRB
09-07-2004, 10:19 AM
i think d town should be top 5

District303aPastPlayer
09-07-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by CwillRB
i think d town should be top 5

why? cuero is a WAY better team, and they arent even top 5... decatur would be manhandled by Cuero.

RBARKER
09-07-2004, 02:23 PM
Looks good Matt, Make some room for Barbers Hill next week. BH is playing good and will be playing Dibol and West Columbia within the next 3 weeks.

pavilion
09-07-2004, 06:04 PM
whats up with all the sinton fans saying how good cuero is? i dont know if yall are just saying it so we get big headed and hopefully lose or what but in two weeks yall will get your Deleted kicked all over the field like the first 4 teams we play. i figure if cuero can kill a team that actually gets votes for the top ten (west oso) they should be #1. and how in the hell is jasper lower than wo-s after they beat them?

Gobbla2001
09-07-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by pavilion
whats up with all the sinton fans saying how good cuero is? i dont know if yall are just saying it so we get big headed and hopefully lose or what but in two weeks yall will get your Deleted kicked all over the field like the first 4 teams we play. i figure if cuero can kill a team that actually gets votes for the top ten (west oso) they should be #1. and how in the hell is jasper lower than wo-s after they beat them?

Are you really from Cuero? Just wondering...

pavilion
09-07-2004, 06:29 PM
yeah i just dont think anyone from sinton would have anything good to say about cuero even if it is true. a couple of years ago all they did was talk a lot of crap about how they were gonna kill us. and that team would have won state if reeve would have already been there....

Old Green
09-07-2004, 06:33 PM
yeah i just dont think anyone from sinton would have anything good to say about cuero even if it is true. a couple of years ago all they did was talk a lot of crap about how they were gonna kill us. and that team would have won state if reeve would have already been there.... Hey Pavillion turn on your PM acceptance. Need to send you a message.:)

Gobbla2001
09-07-2004, 06:46 PM
yeah i just dont think anyone from sinton would have anything good to say about cuero even if it is true. a couple of years ago all they did was talk a lot of crap about how they were gonna kill us. and that team would have won state if reeve would have already been there....

Which team was that? Who were the QB's RB's etc...?

pavilion
09-07-2004, 07:15 PM
qb was brandon mays, rb was chris taylor, fb was jeremy powell and josh guajardo, cody wallace and doug lomax were the best offensive lineman, brandon stafford and will janecek at dt.....al district that year was basically cuero... they had a tough preseason schedule that beat them up pretty bad and they were in no shape at all.... reeve would have had them in the best shape they've ever been in and they would have killed everybody... that was a team that beat jv teams when they were freshmen

Gobbla2001
09-07-2004, 07:51 PM
qb was brandon mays, rb was chris taylor, fb was jeremy powell and josh guajardo, cody wallace and doug lomax were the best offensive lineman, brandon stafford and will janecek at dt.....al district that year was basically cuero... they had a tough preseason schedule that beat them up pretty bad and they were in no shape at all.... reeve would have had them in the best shape they've ever been in and they would have killed everybody... that was a team that beat jv teams when they were freshmen

Yah, I remember them beating the Victoria Memorial JV...

pavilion
09-07-2004, 09:20 PM
so does anyone know why jasper isnt ranked above wo-s?

Hupernikomen
09-07-2004, 10:37 PM
WO-S beat a better 4A team than the one Jasper lost too. Jasper and WO-S game was pretty sloppy, but I still feel Jasper was clearly better that night. No big deal for them to be ahead of Jasper in my book. So it seems that Matt and others think that WO-S is better than Jasper in light of the 2 games and not just the 1 that was head-to-head. Plus if you lose you are gonna drop, just the way it works.

onfirebball05mustang
09-08-2004, 09:49 AM
number six!
Go Mustangs Go!

SintonFan
09-08-2004, 10:01 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Matthew328, your poll looks great. Cuero is definately top five IMHO.
Sinton is not top ten(or twenty :() material. That week zero win over Taft had most of us feeling giddy.:doh:
With Taft losing like they did to WO and that big loss to GP, we have a little more perspective two weeks into the season.

44INAROW
09-08-2004, 11:32 AM
whats up with all the sinton fans saying how good cuero is? i dont know if yall are just saying it so we get big headed and hopefully lose or what but in two weeks yall will get your asses kicked all over the field like the first 4 teams we play. i figure if cuero can kill a team that actually gets votes for the top ten (west oso) they should be #1. and how in the hell is jasper lower than wo-s after they beat them?

Some folks are most mature than others, and others make is so easy to tell the difference. :thinking:

Matthew328
09-08-2004, 04:38 PM
I got Jasper ahead of WOS in my poll

westTXbest
09-08-2004, 11:11 PM
i think that is kind of weird that Jasper isnt ahead WOS in the polls.

BigAbe79
09-08-2004, 11:23 PM
I think snyder should be ahead of wylie.

big daddy russ
09-09-2004, 12:47 PM
...and that team would have won state if reeve would have already been there....

Was that when Cody Wallace was a junior? Back in 2001? Back at the beginning of the Everman runs? You would've won state that year? That's a big, big statement. From what I saw, Sinton, Everman and Forney were the three best teams in the state back then.

I saw you guys play Aransas Pass that year. You guys were really good and really talented, but you weren't in that class of teams. From what I understand, you guys are awesome this year. Enjoy what you have right now.

snakebite
09-09-2004, 03:39 PM
Hey, I see that no team from district 20-3A is up on this list. Navasota and Rice Consol are two teams that you might want to start checking out. Navasota plays Houston Davis and Consol plays Yoakum, maybe you should bring yourself to watch these games!

pavilion
09-09-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Was that when Cody Wallace was a junior? Back in 2001? Back at the beginning of the Everman runs? You would've won state that year? That's a big, big statement. From what I saw, Sinton, Everman and Forney were the three best teams in the state back then.

I saw you guys play Aransas Pass that year. You guys were really good and really talented, but you weren't in that class of teams. From what I understand, you guys are awesome this year. Enjoy what you have right now.

the point im making about reeve being there is the fact that he has a better offense and defense, he brings a lot more discipline to the team, a lot more conditioning and speed,and he makes everyone want to be a leader so no one feels like they're worthless which is important for a team.... littleton's two a days last 2.5 hours compared to reeve's 5

Pball
09-11-2004, 10:12 AM
Polls are just opinions and fortunately don't put any points on the board for any team. Palestine was rated 4th in their Region by almost every poll except this one. Even the Harris poll had them rated 20th overall. We have now beaten (2) 4-A schools Whitehouse and Henderson and (1) 3-A school Carthage, which was ranked 1st in their district and beat the number 11 team on this poll last night. Matt it is about time to swallow your pride and rank Palestine, we are for real this year....

Chief Woodman
09-11-2004, 09:09 PM
New Week!

Buckeye80
09-11-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Pball
Polls are just opinions and fortunately don't put any points on the board for any team. Palestine was rated 4th in their Region by almost every poll except this one. Even the Harris poll had them rated 20th overall. We have now beaten (2) 4-A schools Whitehouse and Henderson and (1) 3-A school Carthage, which was ranked 1st in their district and beat the number 11 team on this poll last night. Matt it is about time to swallow your pride and rank Palestine, we are for real this year....

Easy there Coolio! Yeah Palestine beat Carthage!
Yeah Palestine beat Henderson (4A)!
And y'all beat Whitehouse (4A)! (Who couldn't?) Just kidding!
:p

There are some really good teams in 3A that y'all may not have known about being in 4A. 3A can sometimes be a difficult place to get your bearings in, because teams pop up from time to time with unusually good squads (except for Mineola ((Sorry 'Jackets, I was again kidding, "Hello! is this thing on?"))) Anyway, y'all have had success so far, but don't be disheartened should Palestine lose to someone in district (Except Westwood: that would be embarrassing).
After all, unlike 4A teams, 3A teams know how to "do it" with fewer people watchin'! Burnet, Everman, and Forney fans excluded!!! Y'all are always 3A fans in my heart!!:D :D :D

Gobbla2001
09-12-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by snakebite
Hey, I see that no team from district 20-3A is up on this list. Navasota and Rice Consol are two teams that you might want to start checking out. Navasota plays Houston Davis and Consol plays Yoakum, maybe you should bring yourself to watch these games!

Guess he doesn't need to come and watch Rice...

Navasota though? I'd pay attention to them...