PDA

View Full Version : afflac65 separates the contenders from the pretenders.

nanaof2vic
09-05-2004, 10:44 PM
want to hear everybodys input on this one.

nanaof2vic
09-05-2004, 10:48 PM
I want everybody to listen to this the state polls in 3a football this year is a joke half of those teams will not even make the playoffs this year. The little town that i am from knows football when we see it and believe me i have seen some junk this year so far. I have seen a couple of teams that are real good that are not even ranked this year you figure that.......

Keith7
09-05-2004, 11:01 PM
did i miss some thing??

3afan2K3
09-05-2004, 11:03 PM
Polls mean nothing, this isn't college football.

Rocksolid
09-05-2004, 11:03 PM
what r u talking about?

nanaof2vic
09-05-2004, 11:07 PM
Region 4 will not win a state championship this year.
Region 2 will not win a state championship this year.
Region 3 or Region 1 will win the state championship this year due to the class of superior teams in these 2 regions.

3afan
09-05-2004, 11:09 PM
big talk for a rookie !!! :cool:

Ranger Mom
09-06-2004, 08:14 AM
So am I understanding this thread correctly??

You are the poster formerly known as afflac65??

nanaof2vic
09-06-2004, 09:41 AM
Thats right im afflac65. I was right last year about who would win the state championship.

Gobbla2001
09-06-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by nanaof2vic
Thats right im afflac65. I was right last year about who would win the state championship.

The little town you are from knows Water-Parks... well, crappy ones... Not football...

nanaof2vic
09-06-2004, 09:53 AM
I just tell like it is. Cuero is a good football team and they should win their district due they dont play anybody in their district that can match their talent and class. So playing a easy district will not help them win they start playing good teams in the playoffs like last when they played wharton they wasnt used to their size and thats what cost them the game in the end when they blocked that field goal attempt at the end of the game.

Gobbla2001
09-06-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by nanaof2vic
I just tell like it is. Cuero is a good football team and they should win their district due they dont play anybody in their district that can match their talent and class. So playing a easy district will not help them win they start playing good teams in the playoffs like last when they played wharton they wasnt used to their size and thats what cost them the game in the end when they blocked that field goal attempt at the end of the game.

First off I'd like to clear up my 'crappy water park' statement... I was just joshin'... It's actually pretty decent for not being fed by a river... I haven't been through Sheridan in a while due to the fact I have no reason going through (family no longer in Sealy), how is it looking?

Number two: We do not have anyone to match our talent and class? Yoakum has some good talent returning... Hallettsville is as corn-fed as ever and will give us hell... Gonzales is pretty salty this year, Edna is weaker than I expected and we'll have to see about Luling...

This district was tough last year, there were 3 teams that had a chance for the 'third' spot into the playoffs while the last district game was still being played, so it's a pretty tough one...

Number 3: Cuero, talent-wise, had no business being on the field with Wharton 'last year', they looked like a college team, but 'team'-wise, we had every reason to be on that field with them (32-29's not bad when it's against one of the most talented teams in the state)...

Number 4: Who will knock us out in the 2nd round of the playoffs?

Number 5: No, I'm not mad, just want to know your thought process here...

big daddy russ
09-06-2004, 10:45 AM
Why won't Region II win a State Title? Am I missing something? And since when has Cuero been in an easy district? That part of the state eats their corn five times a day.

fisher67
09-06-2004, 05:37 PM
I believe we all remember afflac 65 from last year. The best thing to do with him is to ignore him. Nobody gets around like he does. I mean, he travels faster than Superman to be able to see all the games that he does. Good luck with your team's season (Raiders) and travel safe!

Pudlugger
09-06-2004, 05:57 PM
Oh pleeeaze! The Duck is back with his daffy predictions! I think Region 4 is very strong this year: Cuero, Liberty Hill, Yoakum, Port Isabel, Wharton, to name a few. Region 2 is likewise strong. Come on you guys it is only week 2 so don't come on here with these bald predictions, it is ridiculous.:hand:

nanaof2vic
09-06-2004, 08:49 PM
All I can say when I'm right I'm right. This should be a very interesting season in 3a high school football. Their will be plenty of upsets this year just watch.