PDA

View Full Version : Old Cardinal...

Eagles52
09-05-2004, 09:47 PM
I was just wondering your thoughts and maybe if you could give me some info on the Liberty loss to your Cardinals (congrats by the way). What has happened so far to Liberty's high expectations and predictions?

Old Cardinal
09-06-2004, 12:02 AM
Liberty is loaded with talent. I would compliment them on playing with good sportsmanship, for the most part. The Bridge City team just wanted it a little more than Liberty. They(Liberty) were 10-0 in regular season last year and will be a playoff team over in that district. There is too much talent to not do well if they start playing more as a team toward district time.

Eagles52
09-06-2004, 12:06 AM
I was wondering what could be going on b/c I know they are loaded with talent and they will be at their best when they play us at our house on the last game of the regular season so it will be a battle for sure, but I was thinking that this was supposed to be somewhat of a rebuilding year similar to last years BC team, which I could of course easily be mistaken about, but I couldnt see how they were able to defeat a loaded Liberty team, but congrats on a great win over a good team

Eagleman
09-06-2004, 12:51 AM
It makes me very happy to see Liberty having struggles.:D but i know that during the year, they will progress. Their main problem is the lack of a solid line, and in any offense you need a good line to make things work, Liberty always have gooda athletes but appear to be deeply suffering from the loss of leadership from last years LB Steven Havard

pantherpop
09-06-2004, 01:26 AM
We are struggling right now however I thought the Bridge City game was a well played game. Our offensive line has really not played that bad so far. I really thought our defense would be very strong and we have been far from that. Bridge City is a tough fast team and the outcome could have gone either way. I think the Cardinals really came to play though because they really dominated our defense in the first half. I still feel that Liberty will challenge for the district title as long as the team doesn't get discouraged.