PDA

View Full Version : Decatur vs Gainesville

MASH4077
09-05-2004, 09:39 PM
This is the first true test for the Eagles. I thought Dunbar would be, but too little discipline from the Wildcats made them easy prey for Mr. Dane who has about 600 yards passing and 10 td passes in two games. Devon Godboldt who has shown Purvey like talent went down against Dunbar with a sep. shoulder and will be out 2-4 weeks. His replacement Chase Williamson is no slouch (10 carries for 86 yds.) The Eagle defense is small but very quick and will have to tackle well against the stiff-arm running Purvey. The Eagles don't have to win this ballgame,but must be competitive to gain some confidence for when they meet again in round two of the playoffs. Good luck to both teams and may they both stay healthy.

Keith7
09-05-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by MASH4077
Devon Godboldt who has shown Purvey like talent

He would have to be an all state back to show purvey like talent.. youll find out what Purvey like talent is really like..

This should be a good game... Gainesville has always had good success against prolific(sp?) high school passers (Stephen McGee, Phillip Daughtry) but this is a different younger team, should be a good game with alot of offense.. i'm glad purvey will might finally be able to play an entire game

Underwater Basketweaver
09-06-2004, 10:04 AM
MASH, I would love to know where you get your information on injuries. Do you talk directly to the trainers and team doctors, or are you just guessing from the stands? I hope for Decatur's sake you are wrong in your diagnosis.