PDA

View Full Version : Merkel Badgers

MHSvarsity2007
09-05-2004, 08:49 PM
The Merkel Badgers have won their first two games....we play No. 3 in Class 2A, Holliday, on friday in Merkel. How is the rest of the year expecting to go in everybodys outlook?

Stangster
09-05-2004, 10:43 PM
When is Merkel gonna add "challenge" to their pre-district schedule? Most everyone else is playing a 4A team or two and y'all are playing a 2A?

wildstangs
09-05-2004, 10:52 PM
I think Merkel has a much tougher schedule this year than in recent memory. Holliday ranks very high depending on which polls you look at. Monahans is supposed to be pretty good. They also play Lakeview and Ballinger. Ballinger might not be what they used to be, but they always play Merkel tough.

lobo12
09-06-2004, 01:22 AM
i think they have a decent schedule, is it better to play a bad 4a school or a great 2a school. i would pick the great 2a school

Knightmoon
09-06-2004, 05:29 AM
Merkel does have a more difficult schedule this year. I don't really think the difficulty of schedule is all Merkel's fault in past years. The larger schools tend to want to play larger schools. Merkel is left with trying to get match-ups with some really good smaller schools. I think they did a good job this year. The Badgers better focus on next week. Holliday has a really good team this year. In some pre-season picks, they have Holliday by 29 points over Merkel. It should be a good test for the Badgers. Good Luck Badgers.

VWG
09-06-2004, 09:20 AM
This will be a good test for the Badgers. Holliday is running the ball more than in the past few years, so it will be important for Merkel to stuff the run.
Merkel has a great little QB in Lambert. Quick and explosive, and he will have to get out in the open as Holliday is solid on defense.
I think Holliday has made the 2A playoffs something like 13 years in a row.

Redman
09-06-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
I think Merkel has a much tougher schedule this year than in recent memory. Holliday ranks very high depending on which polls you look at. Monahans is supposed to be pretty good. They also play Lakeview and Ballinger. Ballinger might not be what they used to be, but they always play Merkel tough.

One team left out is Breckenridge, which Merkel will travel to play the Bucks. Breckenridge is always tough wether they are at home or on the road.