PDA

View Full Version : Barbers Hill vs Dickinson

hsfootballrules
09-05-2004, 01:36 PM
Does anybody have any thoughts on this game can BH go 3-0 going into the game against Diboll

Eagles52
09-05-2004, 01:42 PM
lol what are the odds that we posted the same thread at the same time...funny. Lets just use yours but I dont know how to erase my thread...anyhow...Barbers Hill faces another tough matchup against an always big and athletic 4a team in the Dickinson Gators. Barbers Hill has come out on top in all but one meeting in the last few years so Dickinson will be looking to redeem their past with apparently a monster rushing attack, so looks like another great game this week...any predictions?

hsfootballrules
09-05-2004, 01:43 PM
that is funny we posted the same thread at the same time

pixie06
09-05-2004, 07:46 PM
So far so good on our games this year hopefully we can beat'em.

huff78
09-05-2004, 09:53 PM
How is the guy from Huffman doing, last years QB over here. Just wondered if he gets playing time at the Hill.
You guys are having a good start, congrats

Eagles52
09-05-2004, 10:13 PM
if I'm not mistaken Brett is starting in the defensive backfield at rover and seems to be picking things up pretty well

hsfootballrules
09-05-2004, 10:26 PM
yes brett is starting at free saftey doing a good job for the eagles.......still learning but doing a good job

Eagles52
09-06-2004, 12:01 AM
huff78, I may have just misread the article, but I thought I saw in the Houston Chronicle that Huffman completed only one pass and that one was tipped, but I thought that couldnt be correct so could you give us a run down on the game against Caney Creek

Eagleman
09-06-2004, 12:43 AM
Brett Ried is the transfer from huffman, and is the starting free or rover, i forgot which, and is doing quite well thus far. He and pat cook will have a tough week to prepare for the Gators, they have a big TE and quick recievers.

But one thing i can remember about Dickinson is that if they are jumped on early, they tend to give up, but i know BH will be ready for anything after a good test from Vidor. (and their cheap shots)

RBARKER
09-06-2004, 05:35 PM
I'm picking the Eagles in this one ( I bet you didn't see that coming:D). The Eagles seem to be playing at the top of their game although its hard to judge just how good this Eagle team is. Anahuac knocking off Newton made me feal great about what this Eagle team might be like this year. Vidor seemed tough too , but we will see this week how Vidor plays. Dickinson Always seems to have a big D & O line. Every game I have attended between Dickinson and BH I look out on the field and think, Geeze these guys are big there going to kill us in the trenches. Every year BH out hustles the gators and does well. This year it seems from the stats I've read that Dickinson has a ground game with two running backs both averaging over 7 yards per cary. The passing game for the gators is non existant, So I see the BH D forcing the Gators to throw causing some turnovers. I'll pick the following. BH 35 Dickinson 14.

RBARKER
09-06-2004, 11:25 PM
Ok folks we have heard from the locals anyone have an outside opinion on this matchup?

huff78
09-06-2004, 11:29 PM
Yes, Eagle52, You got the story right, Hope we can make some adjustments. Coach seems to think he can work it out. Plan this year was to increase our passing game. Me being just an armchair coach, noone seems to listen. Ask ole Brett, He should know the scoop.

hsfootballrules
09-07-2004, 12:02 PM
I think this game will be very tight..........I am worried that bh will be looking ahead to diboll............I thing bh will pull it out but might be losing most of the game

BH 24
Dickinson 21

RBARKER
09-07-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by hsfootballrules
I think this game will be very tight..........I am worried that bh will be looking ahead to diboll............I thing bh will pull it out but might be losing most of the game

BH 24
Dickinson 21

I hope the kids are not looking past Dickinson, but I know they have to be thinking about Diboll. The Coaches do a good job of keeping the kids focused on the game at hand so I hope they do.

eagle08
09-07-2004, 10:42 PM
I agree with rbarker. Dickinson always looks like monsters on the field, but by late in the first quarter they are sucking wind trying to keep up with the well conditioned Eagles. The Hill will shine again this week with another convincing victory.

OldEagle73
09-08-2004, 09:17 PM
well after playing them last year i will have to say this is going to be a good match, but bh seems to have a better team this year then they did last year, i say bh up on this rematch agian.

shellman54
09-10-2004, 10:09 AM
very good game, BH is looking for redemption for last year. I will be there tonight cheering them on. BH 31 Dickinson 20