PDA

View Full Version : sweetwater and greenwood have class

westTXbest
09-05-2004, 11:44 AM
im the lil bro of westTxbest and i have alot of respect for sweetwater cause when we play them every year its a good game and there players are well coach and have respect on the field. But snyder on the other hand i cant stand them they are low class team that dont have any respect and need to shut there mouths on the field. The only reason we lost to wylie is cause the strong side in the secondary wasnt ready but my side the weak side of the secondary was awsome they just got one pass on us but there a good team and they also talk alot of crap on the field

lobo12
09-05-2004, 11:59 AM
ALL teams run their mouths on the field to some extent

westTXbest
09-05-2004, 12:02 PM
but u know synder runs theres the most out of every body

lobo12
09-05-2004, 12:41 PM
yes believe me i agree with you completely but u just said wylie ran there mouths and i just thought id say everyone does but yes snyder runs them excessively

Ranger Mom
09-05-2004, 01:00 PM
I was gonna keep quiet, but I just can't! (Imagine that!)

I don't think there is a team in 3-A that doesn't have SOMEONE that trash talks at SOMETIME - Greenwood included!

I also would agree that some teams do it more than others.

I just hope we from Greenwood will show our class on the field AND on the boards.:D

Buffalo
09-05-2004, 01:50 PM
I remember a team in 2002 that ran thir mouthsmore then any team I have ever been around. They would tell everyone what was going to happen then back it up. We were on the ohter end of this and took a whippen good 45 points or so. They were exstremly physical as well. Their motto was hit em and they did and then told each other and the other team they were going to do it again. That team played for the state championship that year. I am not saying this is right. It is just Ironic that someone would complain about the same thing that is done on their team just at a higher level. Snyder & Greenwood have had nothing but good clean games as far as I know greenwood has won both games that the 2 schools have played. Monahans & Snyder have been great battles. I know there is a lot of respect for each other. in the past 3 years not been one unsportsmanship penality. Sweetwater and Snyder the trash talking is not on the field as much as in the stands or between the fans. Again it is a classic game one that the athletes look forward to playing. You can throw out the records when this game is played.

Were you on the Varsity (west TX bro) last year ? I was just wondering if you are talking about sub varsity games? That was not meant as a dig just clarification.

lobo12
09-05-2004, 02:18 PM
your right buffalo there have been some great battles and im not saying monahans doesnt do their share of trash talking as well. like i said every school does it, but there are just some things i remember from last year against snyder that make me feel this way

TheDOCTORdre
09-05-2004, 02:20 PM
As a former player I know that teams should have class but without some of the trash talkin the game wouldnt be as fun but it should be kept to a minimum

Black_Magic
09-05-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Buffalo
I remember a team in 2002 that ran thir mouthsmore then any team I have ever been around. They would tell everyone what was going to happen then back it up. We were on the ohter end of this and took a whippen good 45 points or so. They were exstremly physical as well. Their motto was hit em and they did and then told each other and the other team they were going to do it again. That team played for the state championship that year. I am not saying this is right. It is just Ironic that someone would complain about the same thing that is done on their team just at a higher level. Snyder & Greenwood have had nothing but good clean games as far as I know greenwood has won both games that the 2 schools have played. Monahans & Snyder have been great battles. I know there is a lot of respect for each other. in the past 3 years not been one unsportsmanship penality. Sweetwater and Snyder the trash talking is not on the field as much as in the stands or between the fans. Again it is a classic game one that the athletes look forward to playing. You can throw out the records when this game is played.

Were you on the Varsity (west TX bro) last year ? I was just wondering if you are talking about sub varsity games? That was not meant as a dig just clarification. I find the same thing Ironic
It was not that long ago that I saw Greenwood players Throwing helmets on the sidelines in one game and also hear about foul language comming from greenwood players and coaches during the sweetwater game last year. So a statement from a greenwood players saying that Snyder lacks class is kinda like the pot calling the kettle black. I think that one needs to remove the plank from thier own eye before trying to remove the splinter from others.

westTXbest
09-05-2004, 08:58 PM
so is that why quit a few teams say snyder plays dirty and have no class

Stangster
09-05-2004, 11:00 PM
hmm....... good point

Ever notice Black Magic's signature "Go, Fight, Cheat, Win"?

So much for good sportsmanship!
So much for class!

Buffalo
09-05-2004, 11:14 PM
Who says they play dirty and have no class? Are you saying that!

Bandera YaYa
09-05-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I was gonna keep quiet, but I just can't! (Imagine that!)

I don't think there is a team in 3-A that doesn't have SOMEONE that trash talks at SOMETIME - Greenwood included!

I also would agree that some teams do it more than others.

I just hope we from Greenwood will show our class on the field AND on the boards.:D I know first hand what class Greenwood has....and they have the best posters ever!! :clap:

Buffalo
09-05-2004, 11:19 PM
I agree Greenwood has a lot of class their head coach runs a top rate program.

3afan
09-05-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by westTXbest
... but my side the weak side of the secondary was awsome ...

nothng like tootin' your own horn :clap:

Buffalo
09-05-2004, 11:42 PM
Does the blame go to the strong side then?

lobo12
09-06-2004, 12:23 AM
you notice that many people from many different towns say that snyder has no class but the only posters that say they do have class are from snyder? interesting

stangcenter60
09-06-2004, 12:32 AM
lobo i love ur sig.....

lobo12
09-06-2004, 12:45 AM
thanks, we have it above the door right as your about to walk onto the field

Green Ranger
09-06-2004, 07:17 AM
All right, everybody talks trash to include Greenwood. Nothing against 4a and it might be the fact that I an now in the inner city, but West Texas to include Synder have nothing on Trash Talking. I miss the Sportsmanship of West Texas. To be honest with ya, I dont think it would be as fun if there wasnt any trash talking. Remember when you point a finger at somebody else you have four fingers pointing back at yourself. As far as westTxbest little bro, good for your side being strong. However your side also lost with the rest of the team. Notice there was not "I" in team. Your going to have a rough Pre-district schedule, my suggestion is stop worrying about who is talking trash, what side is or isnt playing well and focus on the field otherwise it will be a really long year. Wish the best of luck to you. Trash talking, as long as it is clean I think to a point it is fun, enough said.