PDA

View Full Version : Is there a 4A or 5A down low?

openfacedroastbeefsanwich
10-22-2003, 11:09 AM
Or am I left to wander needlessly having absolutely no knowledge of the many fabulous topics posted on this forum of excellence..

Gobbla2001
10-22-2003, 11:10 AM
www.5atexasfootball.com (http://www.5atexasfootball.com)

Good site for 5A...

10-22-2003, 11:12 AM
Thanks, because the biggest game in all of Texas(except Cowboys/Bucs) has to be Lufkin at Lee.

LogieJoeBean001
10-22-2003, 11:40 AM
Here, here to the Lufkin-Lee game. I'm originally from Lufkin and follow my Panthers every year, good or bad. They weren't that good when I went to school there and they were still in 4a. This is certainly a site for sore eyes to see them doing so well the last few years. This is not going to be an easy game for Lufkin and the proof will be in the puddin' as to just what caliber a team they really are. Of course, my heart says Lufkin all the way. When they play Longview again, in Longview, will be another real tough game, for both teams. That is a good 5a football site that is mentioned a few posts above. I'm a member of that forum along with this one. Hope to see you there!

10-22-2003, 12:05 PM
Do you know anything about the district realignment for 11-5A next year?

LogieJoeBean001
10-22-2003, 01:16 PM
I have heard rumors. I have heard that Lee, JT and Longview would go with a Dallas area district and Lufkin would be put in a north Houston district with Humble. I sure hate to see 115a split up. Lufkin has been playing these other teams since time began! When I was there, we also played Nacogdoches, Marshall and Texarkana. I don't know how long they have been out of the district with Lufkin. It is strange it being a four team district and them having to play each other twice. Having to play someone once is sometimes bad enough, but TWICE! Gives me the goose bumps!!! It will be interesting to see exactly what happens. 115a is a tough bunch.

LogieJoeBean001
10-22-2003, 01:22 PM
I did forget one thing. There was talk of Longview AND Lufkin being placed in a north Houston district. All who voiced an opinion said that they couldn't really see Longview being placed there because of the distance they'd have to travel. It's already a pretty good trip between Lufkin and Longview. It would be a whale of a trip from Longview to Humble, Baytown and some of the other schools that are in that district.