PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else hooked on Hurricane Watching?

Bandera YaYa
09-04-2004, 10:39 PM
I can't stop watching the pictures coming in from Florida regarding the hurricane! It is so facinating to me....I kinda wish I was right there, feeling the force of it all....am I crazy or what?? You know that movie, Twister? I love it!! I want to go chase tornadoes!!! I'm so conservative in my life, but I'd give anything to experience that kind of "rush"!

District303aPastPlayer
09-04-2004, 10:46 PM
i feel the same way

westTXbest
09-04-2004, 10:56 PM
Man its kinda crazy how they say its the size of Texas!! I wish i could chase a tornado, but i hope one never chases me, i love natures weather.

Bandera YaYa
09-04-2004, 11:02 PM
I want to walk on those beaches, with the wind almost knocking me down, the waves crashing around me and if I was to see a huge tree just bend over, that would just be frigging awesome!! (of course, I wish no one to be hurt!) I think that when I see "nature" like that, it makes me feel closer to God......don't know why....but it's like his presence is HUGE! Probably doesn't make any sense......but, it's like WOW!

LogieJoeBean001
09-06-2004, 07:32 AM
I'm a weather bug myself too. I experienced Hurricane Alicia back in 1983. The eye passed right over the apartment complex I was living in at the time. It was awesome. It really wasn't that bad, but then Alicia was a minimal hurricane too. I monitor the National Hurricane Prediciton web site. It looks like Florida will be hit again for the fourth time this season with Ivan sometime next week! At least that is the projected path right now. I would like to know when in the history of tracking storms has there NEVER been a storm come far into the Gulf of Mexico. There hasn't been one storm this year come far into the Gulf. I find that very interesting. It's really been weird weather we've been having lately. What are your thoughts on the prediction of the next Ice Age being right around the corner? I'm going to be keeping tabs on Ivan now.

Ranger Mom
09-06-2004, 08:06 AM
I am waiting on a phone call from my sister-in-law and nephew. They live right outside of Daytona Beach.

Hurricane Charlie did minimal damage to their house but they were without electricity for 5 days, they still had phone service though.

I can't get hold of them now, so they either lost electric AND phone power this go-around, or they evacuated!

LH Panther Mom
09-06-2004, 09:15 AM
I hope all is well with them, RM.

footballfan93
09-06-2004, 10:51 AM
I am here in Florida. it is just starting to hit here this morning in the panhandle. i am heading closer to the beach in a few hours. only because I have to. it doesn't seem like it will be too bad here. i am loving this wind right now.

LH Panther Mom
09-06-2004, 10:52 AM
Be safe.

footballfan93
09-06-2004, 10:54 AM
i will. thank you.

CHS_Grad '85
09-06-2004, 11:05 AM
'IVAN' TRACK UNSETTLING... (http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT09/refresh/AL0904W5+GIF/061453W5.gif)

footballfan93
09-06-2004, 11:16 AM
just ain't right. please turn left.....turn right. we can't handle #3 in a row.

Bulldog92
09-06-2004, 11:44 AM
Ivan may be stronger than the other two by the time it gets close. At the pace it's moving, Florida may be hit again by Sunday or Monday, but there's also the possibility that it might stay on a more southerly track and roll right into the Gulf and hit somewhere on the Gulf Coast or Mexico. There aren't any fronts coming that could steer it out to sea and make it a non-threat, either. I'm a weather buff, too, but as much as all of this fascinates me, I pray that everyone is spared from Ivan, especially Florida. They've had more than they can take...:(

footballfan93
09-06-2004, 11:46 AM
Send it to Mexico!!!!!!

Bulldog92
09-06-2004, 11:48 AM
Looks very unlikely....:(

Bandera YaYa
09-06-2004, 02:17 PM
RangerMom, hope all is OK with your family in Florida...hope you have heard from them by now. I can't believe another one is brewing and it might come on the same path ....I hope it goes a different direction.....come on into the Gulf, Ivan!!