PDA

View Full Version : Marlin vs Belville

pedeefrommarlin
09-04-2004, 09:02 PM
this game is set to under way friday in belville . what are your predictions of this game

Bandera YaYa
09-04-2004, 11:20 PM
Well, based on my 3ADL history with Marlin.....I hope Belville wins by a landslide!!! hehehehe ")

Pudlugger
09-05-2004, 12:00 AM
Bellville comes back next Friday.

Bellville 14
Marlin 6

zpiber
09-05-2004, 07:25 AM
They will bring the best out of themselves, so don't let the Bellville's two losses fool you
Bulldogs, remember the 3 OT's loss . Go into this game as if you still haven't won a game yet Bulldogs, because as you can see the posters on here are pulling for the Brahmas. Hey Pud how's the Dairy Queen and Wal mart there in LG

zpiber
09-05-2004, 07:27 AM
I see that Bandera Ya Ya is still taking a sip of the ole purple stuff.

Chris Hart
09-05-2004, 08:48 AM
Marlin 35 - Bellville 0 Marlin has an even better defense this year, and Bellville is no where close to where they were the past few years.

marlin fan
09-05-2004, 09:53 AM
go Dawgs kill the Brahams and shut all these haters up!!!!!:D

FranksBullDog
09-05-2004, 01:14 PM
Marlin still has a lot to work on but i am pleasantly surprised how quickly the new starters are learning .Coach Malone and his staff should be congradulated for getting the most out of his players.He only has 12 SRS. on the team and most play both ways but they are in very good condition. I think they will win the 3RD of their 8 road games and yes they are still very physical.

ctplaya
09-05-2004, 08:01 PM
Marlin, all you have to worry about is Bellville's quaterback and running back. Expect them to make all the big plays. And if you're anything like the last few years with a fast defense, it shouldn't be a problem containing those two. I say ya'll win by at least three touchdowns.

Bull's-eye
09-05-2004, 08:37 PM
Bellville is very tough at the "Pasture of Pain". They haven't lost there in about 4 years. Even though they are down this year, I expect their pride to take over and defend their "Pasture". Bellville fans, I challenge you to pack that stadium and support these young men.

nanaof2vic
09-05-2004, 10:58 PM
This game will not be like last years game in kyle field both teams have lost alot. Marlin was kind of lucky last year that the game was played in cold weather that slowed down bellvilles great offense they had.
Bellville 14
Marlin 13

pedeefrommarlin
09-05-2004, 11:19 PM
Just a minute on that one i dont wanna hear no ecuses about last we won because we played a better game so you can go some where else with that cold weather stuff this year will be also be good

Marlin 42
Belville 14

just a prediction

zpiber
09-06-2004, 07:57 AM
ring to it now does it. Maybe I'm wrong, but this game is being played in week 2 and there is nothing at stake, or will both team remember the gut wrenching losses they have handed one another in the past two years.

nanaof2vic
09-06-2004, 09:58 AM
Every teams gets a little lucky whether you want to admit it or not. But bellville will win this game on sure pride alone.

OldBrahma04
09-06-2004, 10:45 AM
Bellville has alot to prove in this game. I think many people will agree with me that it takes more than pride to win a football game of thie caliber. For Bellville to win this game they will have to be clicking on all cylinders. . which has not been seen yet this season.

As much as i want Bellville to just blow Marlin out. . Just can't see it happening this year.

Marlin 45
Bellville 28

Prove me wrong Brahmas

FranksBullDog
09-06-2004, 10:57 AM
The best team probably did not win last year in the playoff but people from Marlin were very proud of their team for avenging the loss from the year before that should and would have been won by Marlin except for poor decisions by the coach.This year both teams are rebuilding and this should be a good test for both teams that have a lot of respect for each others programs!

downlower
09-06-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by zpiber
ring to it now does it. Maybe I'm wrong, but this game is being played in week 2 and there is nothing at stake, or will both team remember the gut wrenching losses they have handed one another in the past two years.
How can both teams not remember the losses. They both ended each others season, and dreams to win a state championship.

fisher67
09-06-2004, 05:45 PM
All we can hope is that this game is as exciting as the last two. It will be exciting to see who wins the rubber match in this series. Both teams have had their hearts broke the last two years. While alot of those players have moved on, these kids will remember the past. Pride is one thing, talent is another. Marlin 35, Bellville 23.

mwynn05
09-06-2004, 05:54 PM
this game wont even be close...marlin by at least 3 tds

NHSRattler60
09-06-2004, 06:21 PM
Have at it. I hope this one to be a good one. Good Luck to both teams.

BrahmaMom
09-06-2004, 07:20 PM
These two are great rivals. It was cold last year, it may have hurt Bellville, but it wasn't any warmer for Marlin, so I can't see that logic. I am glad to see the rivalry continue. I worry about our young team. I'd like to see us go out there and take care of business, but that is a big business for this team to handle. Best of luck to the Brahmas; this has been a hard season so far, I don't think this week is gonna be a walk in the park. Hang tough, Bulls, don't stop till the final play of the game. Three overtimes was proof you have to give it all you've got for as long as it takes. I hope to see a well-played game, no mistakes from the Brahmas, and no cheap shots from either side. I was not impressed with the less than gracious behavior of many of the Marlin fans last year (if the shoe fits... if it doesn't, then I am not referring to you) and I hope they have learned to be better sports-win or lose. And win or lose, Bellville loves the Brahmas!

marlin fan
09-06-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Well, based on my 3ADL history with Marlin.....I hope Belville wins by a landslide!!! hehehehe ") hmmm i can only think of one reason why you dont like us!!

chs_cheer06
09-06-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
hmmm i can only think of one reason why you dont like us!!

I"m feelin ya Marlin.... :thinking: :D

mwynn05
09-06-2004, 09:35 PM
hmm i wonder what ya mean byron prolly what you have on your status about me.....

Bellville22
09-06-2004, 09:41 PM
'zpiber' check PMs.

marlin fan
09-06-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
hmm i wonder what ya mean byron prolly what you have on your status about me..... Yes Mark you are correct buddy!!!!!

Bellville22
09-07-2004, 10:17 AM
I'm not sure either of these teams is playing at the level of last year's teams, but I feel like Marlin certainly returns the stronger group.

Bellville showed signs of improvement last week at Cameron. Take away the short field the Yoemen had just before half, and a 14-10 halftime score may have given the young Brahmas a bit of confidence. But I certainly saw some things I liked. I became more of a believer in Pope, and I think it may be better for the Bulls if he's running the show. Don't get me wrong, Sanders is still the playmaker on this team, and that won't change. He's a special athlete with a bright future, the ball must find a way into his hands, I'm just not sure it needs to come from center. I'm anxious to see how the coaches decide to utilize their weapon in Sanders come Friday.

I think the teams Bellville has played have been a bit underrated. Cameron returns 18 starters, and looked pretty impressive, and Caldwell featured a very talented RB. I don't think the scores of the first two games tell the story of this Bellville team. That being said, I'm not sure they'll be able to match the talent of Marlin. The Bulldogs come off a huge Week 0 win and a big victory last week in Waco. Marlin may not be the team of '02 and '03, but I'm certain they will have athletes and play hard. Bellville's D is simply too small to matchup against the good teams, and I feel like their speed on offense will be neutralized by a Marlin D that I'm sure is very fast again.

First game at home should help this young team, but I think they'll have a hard time against the Dogs. I'm anxious to see even more improvement, and a little chemistry set in amongst this team, and hopefully they'll prove me wrong and grab that first W...

Marlin 34
Bellville 10

Cameronbystander
09-07-2004, 10:26 AM
How does Cameron stack up against Caldwell?

Bellville22
09-07-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Cameronbystander
How does Cameron stack up against Caldwell?

I'd take Cameron by 7-10. Just my opinion.

Hupernikomen
09-07-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Marlin 35 - Bellville 0 Marlin has an even better defense this year, and Bellville is no where close to where they were the past few years.

What is up with the Brahmas? I saw them against Cleveland a few years back and have followed them since. They to have some real talent and a very good fan base. Just a down year or what?

CheerMom
09-07-2004, 11:10 AM
This is such a big rival game!!! I hope that Bellville rebounds from the last two games and comes out with a win!! Good Luck to the Brahmas!! Go Raiders!!!

strike hard
09-07-2004, 12:30 PM
Marlin by at least 2 TD's

BrahmaMom
09-07-2004, 04:20 PM
Thanks, CheerMom. I hope the Brahmas rebound, too. 22 is right (again) about utilizing Sanders. Not real sure what I'd do, but I'd be giving it some thought. He is an awesome player, one of my favorites. A tough year has begun for the Bulls; things will improve as they gain experience, but I don't think they need to feel the pressure to perform to previous teams' levels. They need to develop to their own potential. Go Brahmas!

Specklebelly
09-07-2004, 05:38 PM
Im pulling for Bellville but you would have had to have slept through the first two weeks of the season to pick Bellville in this one. Marlin is a whole lot better than Caldwell or Cameron. Bellville needs a win for this young team to get some confidence but it is not coming this week. Ill take Marlin by 3 TDs.

theyoefnshow
09-07-2004, 05:57 PM
rivalries bring out the best in teams. Look at any game the past 10 years involving Cameron and Rockdale (with the exception of the game 3 years ago) and they were always VERY close. Regardless of how either team's records were at the time, both came to play always. Bellville had a player #60 who was pretty intense and looked like a maniac at times. Better watch out for that one.

LH Panther Mom
09-07-2004, 06:02 PM
I'll be rooting for the underdog - good luck in the Pasture, Brahmas!