PDA

View Full Version : Why all the hype?

Sintonfbplayer04
09-04-2004, 10:41 AM
Why does everybody get bent out of shape just over stupid pre-season games. i just don't understand. What for district to start, thats when the game actually matter.

PPHSfan
09-04-2004, 10:45 AM
Because to some of us. The game of football is what is important. EVERYTHING matters when it is the kids involved. Championships are nice, but they are not what really mattters. The fact that the game is played is what matters. If we all thought like you, we would just practice for five more weeks and play for the gold. PeeWee games don't mean anything either I guess do they? But there will be thousands and thousands of little kids playing Big Head football today all across this great State, and many more fans in the stands screaming and yelling just as loud as they do on Friday Nights in December. That is WHY.

GreatBigBurnetFan
09-04-2004, 10:53 AM
Your right about a few things. Sinton will be back, VERY strong.
I have no doubt they will win district. Sinton has a great program,
fine athletes. Every team can have a bad night, especially at the first of the season.

You might ask yourself a question, "would I have ask this question IF we had won"?:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
09-04-2004, 10:56 AM
I like your signature, GBBF!

GreatBigBurnetFan
09-04-2004, 11:13 AM
Thanks, precious lady,
It's all Espn1. I really appreciate him.

What a fantastic team Liberty Hill has! You will do great things. I hope I'll get to go watch you when we're off. Do you think ya'll
would let me wear my Burnet stuff and cheer for Liberty Hill?

LH Panther Mom
09-04-2004, 11:17 AM
Of course! Same applies this year as last. You are always welcome on our side in your green...as long as you're rooting for us, that is. :)

GUNHO
09-04-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Sintonfbplayer04
Why does everybody get bent out of shape just over stupid pre-season games. i just don't understand. What for district to start, thats when the game actually matter.

leave us alone.We been waiting on this for nine months or better:D

SintonFan_inAustin
09-04-2004, 04:26 PM
WHY because these games get u ready for district, where the games wont be that intense as some of these non district games. Even though we lost to GP it was a good game to see what adjustments need to be made to prepare for that level of play next time we meet up with a team that is playing at that level. Player skill level was the same but GP made better adjustments at half time.

tap_tx_sinton
09-04-2004, 09:45 PM
These games are of great danger to a team. Weather you are playing a 4a vs 3a or 3a vs 2a. Its good that either teams came out with no injuries. A game like this could cost you a whole season playing with a bigger school that has more players .......