PDA

View Full Version : Hutto and Liberty Hill

BIG19
09-04-2004, 10:33 AM
Hutto has put up some large numbers in their first 2 games. Liberty Hill is coming off a heart breaker with Burnet. What are your early thoughts on this game?

KTJ
09-04-2004, 10:47 AM
Liberty Hill wins this one. I think Hutto is improving but look who they've beaten--Austin Travis and ____________.

(someone help me out there. they beat someone who wasn't exactly a beast in football the last several years.)

hutex04
09-04-2004, 12:53 PM
Hutto has always played Liberty Hill close. Should be a close game again this year.

LH Panther Mom
09-05-2004, 07:32 AM
After Friday night's game, Liberty Hill will be fired up & ready to give Hutto a game. I'm not sure it will be as close as in year's past, but I haven't seen Hutto play this year. I know Hutto has put up some big numbers, but I don't believe those schools have been the caliber of team that we have this year.

hutex04
09-05-2004, 03:45 PM
LH mom, we return practicly everyone from our team from last year. We will see how it comes out. We never have lost to Liberty Hill big, and that is not going to change this year. Win or lose, it will be close.

LHMom
09-05-2004, 04:11 PM
Needless to say, I'm picking LH.

They put together an awesome 2nd half on Friday. These boys wanted it bad. They'll have to be careful not to let down as some of them put beating Burnet the most important thing of the season, but it's not. It's just a rivalry, and great preparation for district.

LH won't look past Hutto; there's some talent there. And the Panthers dang sure won't look past Manor. It's one week at a time, one win at a time.

2004 The Year of the Cat

GreatBigBurnetFan
09-05-2004, 06:00 PM
I wouldn't like to be Hutto.
I'm for Liberty Hill!

Pudlugger
09-05-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by GreatBigBurnetFan
I wouldn't like to be Hutto.
I'm for Liberty Hill!

You obviously know very little about the Hippos. Well, don't feel bad, most folks know very little about the Hippos. I have watched them play last year and studied the films of the game ( 2003 LG Leps at Hutto) and will go on record to say they are the darkhorse in D19 and will definately upset one or more really good teams this year. Will it be LH? Well, if they don't suck it up and play tough maybe. The Hippos have almost everyone back including a huge O and D line so LH will need to play a very physical game. I smell an upset here.

Hutto 24
LH 14
:cool:

LHMom
09-05-2004, 07:41 PM
Hutto has talent, and they play hard. LH knows that and has never underestimated them, but LH will win.

ILS1
09-05-2004, 10:56 PM
I think this game will closer than most people think. LH has a great offense. Their 2 backs Escamilla and Koubica (sp?) are gonna get their yards. They run that Wing-T to near perfection. With all the misdirection plays,counters,traps and draws. Hutto has a very young and explosive offense at times. Soph QB Jeremy Kerley is the real deal!! He is the key to the whole offense. He will take charge when needed. TB Jerrick Gauthier is very fast and hits the holes hard. He has 8 TD's in 2 games. Their 1st win was against a new 5A school Leander Vista Ridge 56-0. Granted,they were just Freshman and Sophmore team. Hutto is a young team as well,with mainly Sophmores and Juniors. Hutto could of easily hung 80 points on them. But the 2nd team played most of the 2nd half. LH will play Vista Ridge as well in a couple of weeks. I think both teams biggest drawbacks are their pass defenses. From what I heard about LH on other boards. Hutto runs alot of 2 deep zone. They are suseptible to quick slants and patterns run across the middle and little dump passes. It should a very fun game to watch. I'm not gonna make any predictions because I'm not good at them. I know LH is gonna come in pumped up after their heart break loss to Burnet. But don't count out Hutto.

:)

hutex04
09-05-2004, 11:53 PM
Should have alot of news people at the game too. Last year had a good amount, and this year should be the same. I really want this game, I'm not playing (graduated) but We have lost 4 straight to LH and I hope this year will be special.

espn1
09-05-2004, 11:58 PM
Panthers will roll no problem. I was impressed with how long the LH offense stayed on the field. It wears on the defense after awhile. 35-13

SintonFan_inAustin
09-06-2004, 12:03 AM
i use to live about 3 miles from hutto about 3 years ago and that is a fast growing town. is the city limit sign still say something like 700 people live there. Lived next to that new school Pflugerville just open and just like 3 miles from hutto. Did some of those students use to be hutto school district or Pflugerville?

hutex04
09-06-2004, 12:06 AM
It says the pop is 1250 i think now. Its more like 5-7,0000 now. We got a home depot across the highway from the highschool that is being done.

espn1
09-06-2004, 12:07 AM
I live about ten mile from the stadium.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-06-2004, 12:09 AM
ive seen the staduim and its small for 3a but im sure it was meant for 2a when it was build.

hutex04
09-06-2004, 12:09 AM
going to the game espn? or is there no point since u know how its going to end?

Titans
09-06-2004, 12:28 AM
Liberty Hill will win

La Grange
09-06-2004, 12:38 AM
Liberty Hill a lot,
Hutto not so many.

ILS1
09-06-2004, 01:01 AM
Good luck to both teams and continued success throughout the year!!

ILS1
09-06-2004, 08:12 AM
SintonFan_inAustin and ESPN1,where do you both live now? Just curious? BTW,that new Pflugerville school is Hendrickson. They have a nice cozy stadium. They will be very good next year!!

spark jockey
09-06-2004, 01:40 PM
Hutto better eat a BIG lunch to stay with the Panthers in this game.Some of these guys have been playing Varsity ball since their Freshman year.They are probably very confident even after the heartbreaker to Burnet.Look for LH to win this one.:clap:

hutex04
09-06-2004, 03:52 PM
Hutto should be more fresh than Liberty Hill. Since Liberty Hill did play a very good Burnet team last week. Or at least I hope for hutto to have a lil more energy in them.

Mustang '89
09-06-2004, 03:57 PM
I will be at this one pulling for the Hippos.(Manor is off.)

Hutto 28
Liberty Hill 21

I really like this Hippo Team.

hutex04
09-06-2004, 04:10 PM
Dont yall play Liberty Hill next week Mustang?

Mustang '89
09-06-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by hutex04
Dont yall play Liberty Hill next week Mustang?

Next week in LH.

LH Panther Mom
09-06-2004, 05:30 PM
Hutto should be more fresh than Liberty Hill. Since Liberty Hill did play a very good Burnet team last week. Or at least I hope for hutto to have a lil more energy in them.

The very good Burnet team got our players motors going - they'll have plenty of energy for you. :D

hutex04
09-06-2004, 05:33 PM
We shall see Mom, you seem very confident in your team. If we (hutto) win, i will gladly go streaking after the game, haha j/p

espn1
09-06-2004, 05:51 PM
going to the game espn? or is there no point since u know how its going to end?
There is no guarantees in sports, just opinions. I'll be watching my Bulldogs play Fredricksburg. I do wish I could see it though. I just can't miss the Dawgs!:D :D :D

52madmidget
09-06-2004, 05:56 PM
Pudlugger I just want you to know that i think that is the nicest thing you have ever said about Hutto. You are also very right, we do have a very strong O and D this year. So I think to be honest this should be a highlighted game and it will be a very good game. It's the one I've been looking forward too.

LH Panther Mom
09-06-2004, 06:33 PM
We shall see Mom, you seem very confident in your team. If we (hutto) win, i will gladly go streaking after the game, haha j/p

Yes, I am. However, what matters is not whether the fans have confidence in our team, but that the players have confidence in themselves. They truly felt they could beat Burnet & came very close. I know...close doesn't win ballgames. The fact is that they believed in themselves.

As far as you streaking after the game, well I'm not sure if that's something I'd want to see or not. :eek:

hutex04
09-06-2004, 11:24 PM
I still remember our (hutto) heartbreaking lose to Manor last year. We lost 13-7 and were on the 10 or 20 yard line of Manor with less than a minute left, and we did not get the first down and manor got the ball back. But everyone before that game thought Hutto was going to lose to Manor by 30+ points. I think this team plays with alot of heart, and I'm sure Liberty Hill does too. If they did not, then they would not be as succesful as they are. is it friday yet?

Chris Hart
09-06-2004, 11:33 PM
Liberty Hill by 21! The Hippos have come a long way, but they're not where the Panthers are, or even close for that matter.