PDA

View Full Version : Wharton vs. Cuero

LogieJoeBean001
09-04-2004, 09:57 AM
I know last nights games are barely over, but I am looking forward to this next weeks game. It looks like Wharton will have its hands full. Wharton better bring their game and have their heads on straight for this one! They faired better against El Campo than anyone was giving them credit for though. The early predictions had been El Campo by 3 or 4 touchdowns and it was just a 9 point spread. This against a 4-A team that went way into the playoffs last year, eventually losing to La Marque. This ought to be a game and a half! I hope I can make the trip. Cuero posters on here are always classy folks. Looking forward to a great game.:clap:

District303aPastPlayer
09-04-2004, 10:07 AM
at the rate cuero is going, i dont want to be around in 2 weeks. . .

Gobbla2001
09-04-2004, 10:17 AM
This is shaping up to be a good game...

I know a poster on another message board who is from the DFW area, he will actually be coming down to watch it with me, along with a couple of other posters from that same board...

Then we're going to Brownwood the next day to watch Brownwood/Abilene and Wimberly/Iowa Park...

BIG19
09-04-2004, 10:29 AM
This has all the makings for a great game. I like both teams, but I am leaning towards Cuero at this early point.

RiverRatDad
09-04-2004, 03:26 PM
Last year's Cuero/Wharton playoff game was one of the best high school football games I've ever seen. I was especially impressed with the fans that came to watch the game vs Burnet the next week. Cuero has a classy program with classy fans, and I'm looking forward to going there next week. Wharton will have its hand full, but I was impressed with our defensive performance against El Campo. I'm hoping for a well played, injury-free game with Wharton winning in a squeaker. That is a lot to hope for playing in Gobblerville.

Old Green
09-06-2004, 08:06 AM
Looking forward to this game. It should be another good one.
I'm sure Wharton will be ready to play and will be at their best. Last years game was one of the best games i have attended in quite awhile.
This is going to be slobberknocker guys. Wharton's Qb Trey Jones is one of the best Qbs in the state and will be hard to contain. With scrambling and passing ability, he is hard to contain . Rb Pierre Fleurinor is big and fast and also an exceptional defensive player. And as usual Wharton is going to have speed and equal size to the Gobblers. It's going to be a good test of the Gobblers offensive and defensive lines.:)

nanaof2vic
09-06-2004, 10:03 AM
This should be a good game but it shouldnt be close at all. Cuero should win this game by at least 10 points. I will say this this will probaly be one of the 2 toughest games that Cuero will play this year.

Cuero 28
Wharton 17

bc 76
09-06-2004, 06:46 PM
I think Wharton can win this game with the spread offense again.Cuero has a good team but Wharton won't see another team with the kind of speed El Campo had. Wharton will have to stop the run just like in the El Campo game a take advantage of any turnovers Cuero gives them and turn them into points.I like the hussle & emotion the Wharton defense played against El Campo.I think this game will be won on special teams play i will give that advantage to the Tigers. Wharton 24 - Cuero 21

LogieJoeBean001
09-07-2004, 09:33 AM
Wharton needs to play an error-free game, no turnovers or penalties. The Tigers are gonna have to come out and play with the kind of heart and determination that they did against El Campo and just never let down for a second. If they are hungry enough and want it bad enough, the Tigers can take this game.

gamers
09-07-2004, 09:44 AM
I made a post about this game without seeing this post already up. I think it will be a great week 3 game. Both teams have a very good chance at playing deep in the playoffs this year. Wharton will not be the BIG school in their district this year, so I'm not sure they will have to face Cuero in the playoffs again. I know Cuero is supposed to be pretty good this year, and Whartonis loaded with speed and talent again as well. I'm looking forward to Friday night. I will be making the trip to watch this one for sure. I'm picking the Tigers by 3!!!:D :D :D

CheerMom
09-07-2004, 10:05 AM
I will have to pick Cuero by aleast 2 TD's. I don't think that Wharton has the team that it has had in the past few seasons.
Go Raiders!!!

raider red 2000
09-07-2004, 11:07 AM
it seems to me that wharton this year may be more of a "team". last year's squad had several players with big names (heard/ Hudson- both D-1 players. this year it seems like they need to work together in order to succeed. I think that this game will be a good chance for both schools to see what they can do. Cuero has not played competition as good as wharton. Wharton has played only one game. should be interesting. I pick wharton by 4

LogieJoeBean001
09-07-2004, 11:13 AM
Can any of you Cuero folks let me know where the best place to eat in town is? I would really appreciate it.

44INAROW
09-07-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001
Can any of you Cuero folks let me know where the best place to eat in town is? I would really appreciate it.

Before the game?? Quickest would be Don Bravo - If you are coming in from Victoria, The Longhorn on the right side of 87 a mile before you hit town is good too. If you want GOOD hamburgers go to KN.. down the hill from the school on 87 on the right!

IHStangFan
09-07-2004, 11:37 AM
another for Cuero. almost wish i could see this game!

LogieJoeBean001
09-07-2004, 11:43 AM
Thanks 44inarow,

I'll have to check one of them out. It depends on how early we can get there as to whether it would be before the game, if not, I guess it'd have to be afterwards.

Thanks again!

raider red 2000
09-07-2004, 01:43 PM

i would also recommend don bravo's it seems to have a bad reputation. but the #1 and #2 are excellent if you like fajitas

pavilion
09-08-2004, 07:01 PM
dude just go to whataburger... all the good stuff is closed that late. don bravos is good but its always packed after games.... now back on the subject of the game.... i dont see jones running much on this defense.... cuero has de that can take care of him and put him on the sideline the whole game...wesley gallaway is a star on that team that will only continue to get better as the season goes on... he is definitely a force to be reckoned with

pavilion
09-08-2004, 07:04 PM
mr gallaway also smashed the la grange qb who supposedly ran a 4.5..... so ms jones dont think u can run around him... gallaway has way too much speed for you son

pavilion
09-08-2004, 07:12 PM
i would also like to add that #53 bryan weaver is someone wharton should look out for... he will be starting at dt this week... so anything up the middle gets stuffed... and bryan if u read this gallaway wants to confess his love for u but he's afraid to tell u so now u know

pavilion
09-08-2004, 07:17 PM
cueros matt schumacher will also see some DE action along with rudd roy deleon and gallaway....with schumachers speed and agility he should be able to drag down jones and any other defender...this is just a rumor.... so if its a lie it aint my fault

pavilion
09-08-2004, 07:22 PM
cuero also has an enormous 6'6 reciever that goes by the name brendon "snags everything" morris....he is number 45 and he is an up and coming reciever for the cuero gobblers...remember he does not start but will see alot of action

Gobbla2001
09-08-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by pavilion
cueros matt schumacher will also see some DE action along with rudd roy deleon and gallaway....with schumachers speed and agility he should be able to drag down jones and any other defender...this is just a rumor.... so if its a lie it aint my fault

???

pavilion
09-08-2004, 07:48 PM
yeah i didnt know what to think myself when i heard that... supposedly its been his dream to play de so they're gonna let him have a go at it.... i think he's gonna be a stud there... possibly blue chip all american.... that boy has a lot of talent... today in class he fought some huge guy and matt just threw him around like a rag doll so he definitely has the strength for it

bb04
09-08-2004, 07:49 PM
yeah, i heard the gobblers were tryin to save Brendon "Snags Everything" Morris for district as a secret weapon but deside that they might need a little help this week as they face a good Wharton team. If any of yall get the chance its worth makin a 3 hour drive just to watch this kid. you will be impressed

raider red 2000
09-09-2004, 07:25 AM
i hope that cuero is willing to pull out all of the stops this week. it would be bad to lose to wharton this year.....after ending last year playing them....and who got sent home?

FbCoachB40
09-09-2004, 08:23 AM
I'm glad to hear that cero has put some new people at DE this year. Cuz if Wharton was facing the same DEs as last the result would be even worse. Wharton smoked the Gobbler DEs last year

LogieJoeBean001
09-09-2004, 09:44 AM
today in class he fought some huge guy and matt just threw him around like a rag doll so he definitely has the strength for it

In most schools, that I know, getting into a fight on school grounds is a suspendable offense. It rather disturbs me that you sound as if this was a good thing this guy did. I know boys will be boys, and some girls too, but for you to sound as though this is a good thing....makes me wonder. I don't really find anything appealing about it at all, especially if he was "throwing a guy around like a rag doll" . This also puts a question into one's mind about the judgement, character and leadership of someone who is obviously looked up to getting into classroom fights and those that seem to think it's o.k...and then it sounds as if nothing was done to the young man. I know of an instance at a Junior High once where two football boys got into it during lunchtime. They were both suspended and did not accompany the team to their game that week. Hmmmm.....

briefcase
09-09-2004, 09:57 AM
I think that most of the last few threads are just a bunch of made up nonsense. I don't think any of that has really happened.

BU97
09-09-2004, 10:01 AM
With all the information that Pavilion is giving, who needs a scouting report!!

I bet the quote about Jones spending the game on the sideline will find its way to some people who might have something to say about that!

Thanks Pavilion, you have been a huge help!

44INAROW
09-09-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by briefcase
I think that most of the last few threads are just a bunch of made up nonsense. I don't think any of that has really happened.

I am 99.999% sure that Pavillion does not even play football and is just showing off his lack of maturity on the internet. He does not represent Cuero, but just himself and his little band of losers.

LogieJoeBean001
09-09-2004, 10:09 AM
I did just now see where Pavillion's location is in the nursery, which is exactly where he belongs!!!!

Thanks for all the info too. I'm sure it'll be put to good use.

pavilion
09-09-2004, 10:12 AM
dude u just did me bad... and yeah i play football for the longhorns...#32

LogieJoeBean001
09-09-2004, 10:18 AM
DUDE, I'M NOT A DUDE!!!!!

44INAROW
09-09-2004, 10:56 AM
dude u just did me bad... and yeah i play football for the longhorns...#32

That would be DUDETTE.

LogieJoeBean001
09-09-2004, 11:21 AM
Yes, thank you, 44!!

pavilion
09-09-2004, 06:23 PM
man i cant believe some old woman wants to talk sh*t to me on the internet... i feel violated... as for my band of losers from nursery ur offensive line is from here except for ross.... so yeah nursery people are losers.... sorry i dont have a come back for you.....hmmmm wait i just thought of something.... if i was as fat, ugly, stupid, and retarded as you i'd find a rafter that could support my weight and hang myself...... ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you just got done bad ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh pavilion signing out

DFHM
09-09-2004, 06:24 PM
I did just now see where Pavillion's location is in the nursery, which is exactly where he belongs!!!!

Thanks for all the info too. I'm sure it'll be put to good use.

Well i know a few Nursery kids that play for the Gobblers, I can name atleast 6 starters. So is there really anything wrong with Nursery people?..... I don't think so.

raider red 2000
09-10-2004, 07:33 AM
i dont think that LJB001 was talking bad about people from nursery....i think that she was saying that pavillion sounds like an idiot. it looks like pavillion is just clueless. i am sure that both teams wharton and cuero hope that the gobbler have all of these great athletes. it could help to make the game exciting.

44INAROW
09-10-2004, 07:49 AM
Dont even try to explain to them.. Some people are just looking for attention any way they can get it. They dont' know the difference between THE nursery and Nursery.

scrub c
09-10-2004, 08:07 AM
i dont get it?

random hero
09-10-2004, 04:07 PM
44inarow -- what in the hell are u talking about? you get on here and say something bad about nursery people when they're the ones that make this team as good as they are... i believe you owe pavilion an apology

44INAROW
09-10-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by random hero
44inarow -- what in the hell are u talking about? you get on here and say something bad about nursery people when they're the ones that make this team as good as they are... i believe you owe pavilion an apology

First of all I didn't say anything about Nursery People it was Logie and what Logie meant was nursery as in NURSERY SCHOOL get a grip and reread it.. I dont' owe anyone an apology.

44INAROW
09-10-2004, 04:42 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by pavilion
[B]man i cant believe some old woman wants to talk sh*t to me on the internet... i feel violated... as for my band of losers from nursery ur offensive line is from here except for ross.... so yeah nursery people are losers....

You are the one that said band of losers from Nursery.. I NEVER said from Nursery. You and your little buddies need to get all your facts straight before you start blasting people.