PDA

View Full Version : La Grange was in Cuero...

Gobbla2001
09-04-2004, 01:27 AM
It was good to see a lot of La Grange folks filling up the visitor's side at Gobbler Stadium, it's usually never that full unless it's a district rivalry or Sealy or Sinton...

It was also good to see them stay till the end (Well, I left not too far into the 4th, had to go to Victoria, so I'm assuming it was the end)...

The players played classy though there was a touch momment there toword the end on the punt (both teams at fault on this one), but stuff happens ...

#24 was all over the field tonight, it was fun watching this kid play, I watched him more than I did the Gobblers...

Oh, and how did your player turn out? The dudes doing the radio show said he ended up back in the game, just wanted to check up on him...

Our guy's fine, just a dislocation that has happened before...

Hang in there LG, the heart is there, that's for sure...

BigChief
09-04-2004, 02:12 AM
Hey Gobbla, you know Gonzales and Yoakum bring the fans into Cuero. But good point on the La Grange fans. They've always filled up our visitor side over here in Gonzales the last couple of years and are always very supportive of their Leps. Looking forward to them coming back to Guntown in 2 weeks.

By the way, speaking of stadiums....Somerset. Nice field (artificial turf ) but terrible stadium. They need to work on the visitor side, plus no visitor parking. There are resident's backyards literally sharing a fence with the stadium. We had to walk through people's yards to get in the stadium. The visitor side might have sat about 200. However, I'm glad the Apachers pulled it out 23 -6.

Gobbla2001
09-04-2004, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by BigChief
Hey Gobbla, you know Gonzales and Yoakum bring the fans into Cuero. But good point on the La Grange fans. They've always filled up our visitor side over here in Gonzales the last couple of years and are always very supportive of their Leps. Looking forward to them coming back to Guntown in 2 weeks.

By the way, speaking of stadiums....Somerset. Nice field (artificial turf ) but terrible stadium. They need to work on the visitor side, plus no visitor parking. There are resident's backyards literally sharing a fence with the stadium. We had to walk through people's yards to get in the stadium. The visitor side might have sat about 200. However, I'm glad the Apachers pulled it out 23 -6.

Congrats on the win, Gonzales...

Yah, Yoakum and Gonzales are the two district rivals I was referring to ha...

Pudlugger
09-04-2004, 08:32 AM
#24...that would be our 145 lb all district mlb...known as La Grange on this board. He is all heart and plays better than many 200 lb mlbs. Our guy got his ankle taped and went back in (he was the player who caught up with your guy on one of those long runs in the second quarter). The incident you mentioned was too bad...your guy signaled for a fair catch but I didn't see it neither did the coverage and Wolf #48 just pasted the poor kid. Of course the kid was full of rightous indignation and pushed Wolf down hence the offsetting penalties.

The Gobblers were very impressive. They will go deep into the play-offs, and have a good shot at winning it all this year. As for the Leps, I saw some good things too...like two goal-line stands that forced field goals, good special teams play, some tough tackling and several good runs. Our O line just was out muscled at times, but they played with determination and opened some holes. Like I said earlier, the team making the fewest mistakes and capitalizing on turnovers wins and that was Cuero last night. Good luck the rest of the way. LG will be alright, they usually get their worst game over in the first outing then come back strong.

Old Green
09-04-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
#24...that would be our 145 lb all district mlb...known as La Grange on this board. He is all heart and plays better than many 200 lb mlbs. Our guy got his ankle taped and went back in (he was the player who caught up with your guy on one of those long runs in the second quarter). The incident you mentioned was too bad...your guy signaled for a fair catch but I didn't see it neither did the coverage and Wolf #48 just pasted the poor kid. Of course the kid was full of rightous indignation and pushed Wolf down hence the offsetting penalties.

The Gobblers were very impressive. They will go deep into the play-offs, and have a good shot at winning it all this year. As for the Leps, I saw some good things too...like two goal-line stands that forced field goals, good special teams play, some tough tackling and several good runs. Our O line just was out muscled at times, but they played with determination and opened some holes. Like I said earlier, the team making the fewest mistakes and capitalizing on turnovers wins and that was Cuero last night. Good luck the rest of the way. LG will be alright, they usually get their worst game over in the first outing then come back strong. I know who #24 is. Great young man with a great personality.

La Grange has great team who will go fa in the playoffs.

Pudlugger, I have a question.

Who is that freshman lineman on the freshman team ? That kid is huge and did a good job the other night. he lokked to be about 6'8" tall and about 300 Lbs.

bd62
09-04-2004, 08:57 AM
i remember #24 from last year . he had the hardest hit i saw all yr. he unloaded on our running back .he fumbled and lagrange picked it up and scored. it was one of those hits that you remember. he is one of those kids that gives it all he got on every play.its called heart.

Pudlugger
09-05-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
I know who #24 is. Great young man with a great personality.

La Grange has great team who will go fa in the playoffs.

Pudlugger, I have a question.

Who is that freshman lineman on the freshman team ? That kid is huge and did a good job the other night. he lokked to be about 6'8" tall and about 300 Lbs.

I'm not certain, if you give me his number I have a program. The biggest kid on the LG teams now is Casey Land a soph 6'5" 290. He started as DT against Cuero on varsity and acquitted himself very well against a huge O line. Their are three big frosh players this year and four big jv guys so the Lep O line will get bigger the next three years. That is the best news in La Grange football circles since Tye Gunn strapped on the pads. Go Leps!!:D

Old Green
09-05-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
I'm not certain, if you give me his number I have a program. The biggest kid on the LG teams now is Casey Land a soph 6'5" 290. He started as DT against Cuero on varsity and acquitted himself very well against a huge O line. Their are three big frosh players this year and four big jv guys so the Lep O line will get bigger the next three years. That is the best news in La Grange football circles since Tye Gunn strapped on the pads. Go Leps!!:D I believe his number was #72 or #74.
He stood way above the other freshman players. He got around pretty good for his size.

Pudlugger
09-05-2004, 09:43 AM
72 is David Sanders and 74 is Taylor Korenek. I think you are referring to Sanders. He is a big boy. The Leps are going to be a big team next year.:D

Old Green
09-05-2004, 09:46 AM
Those La Grange freshman are good . I expect to see at least 5 of them on varsity next year.