PDA

View Full Version : Where?

WOS Mustang
09-04-2004, 01:02 AM
Where are all the people that were dogging us out for losing to Jasper last week? No posts now? Nervous? We beat a very good Nederland team and there is no one talking trash now. Ya'll were all over us last week.

Keith7
09-04-2004, 01:11 AM
wow.. talk when u beat real competion

GoDeep
09-04-2004, 01:15 AM
Id call Nederland(#19 4a) pretty good competition. They'd probably handle up on Gainesvile pretty well.
Just goes to show how wide open things are this year. WOS lost to a pretty good 3a team last week, then beat a state contending 4a team this week. Maybe they'll tie Bay City next week?

Keith7
09-04-2004, 01:17 AM
being ranked 19th by some trash poll doesnt make them state contending

GoDeep
09-04-2004, 01:20 AM
Regional finalists in '03
Area finalists in 02
Semifinalists in '01
Quarterfinalists in '00.
17 starters returning, stomped a good Texas City team last week. Yeah, they're state contenders and would handle Gainesville very well. Nederland ain't WF Hirschi.

Buckeye80
09-04-2004, 01:37 AM
I wondered when this would happen. All of a sudden Nederland is a force to be reckoned with! I'm sure had you been 1-0 going into tonight, you'd have run Nederland into the ground and predicted their doom. Take your loss to Jasper like a man. Did you honestly expect to go through 3A unscathed and untested?

Wait...wait....let me answer your next post. Yes I do know what I'm talking about.

PPHSfan
09-04-2004, 01:39 AM
What exactly does "handle Gainesville" mean?

SintonFan
09-04-2004, 01:42 AM
The folks I know only gave WOS encouragement.:confused:

GoDeep
09-04-2004, 01:42 AM
Hell, I couldnt care less if West Orange fell into the gulf tomorrow. I even said that they wouldnt win a championship this year. I have no affiliation with them. But, I do know that Nederland is a force to be reckoned with. They could very likely take D2 in 4a. Dont let your hatred for WOS cloud your judgement. I wanna see them fall just as much as you do. But, they did beat a VERY good team tonite(a team that's better than the team that beat WOS last week. Maybe Nederland had a bad night?).

GoDeep
09-04-2004, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
What exactly does "handle Gainesville" mean?

Means, they'd beat Gainesvile.

Gobbla2001
09-04-2004, 01:51 AM
Great win for WO-S, that's for sure, I really respect this tradition and I only hope it can continue in 3A (just not against Cuero )...

But speaking of the 3A/4A comparison...

1997, 3A Cuero plays 4A Calallen in pre-district... With 3 minutes left in the game the score is tied 0-0... Cuero snapper snaps ball over punter's head, Calallen recovers inside the 10 and ends up scoring... Final 7-0!

Calallen makes the semi's and comes up short to eventual state champion La Marque in 4A...

SOOOO... Cuero must have won state because they hung with a good, no, awesome 4A team that year, correct?

Not only did we not make state, and not only did we not make the semi finals, we got blown and shut out 31-0 in the 4th round by Sealy...

Am I trying to take anything away from the Stangs? NOPE... I've done nothing but show respect for them on this board...

Let's just say that WO-S is just a couple of students short of what their enrollment was last year, and they've been hanging with those Bulldogs these years that you've mentioned...

I kinda expected it from them and am glad they won, honestly...

WO-S, you are now officially 3A because you beat a pretty dern good 4A, and us 3A guys LOVE that! :clap:

WOS1
09-04-2004, 01:51 AM
... or maybe WOS had a bad night last week... or maybe Jasper had a bad night this week... or maybe Jasper had a bad night 2 weeks ago against Nederland... awe hell, who cares, I'm going to bed...

Gobbla2001
09-04-2004, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
... or maybe WOS had a bad night last week... or maybe Jasper had a bad night this week... or maybe Jasper had a bad night 2 weeks ago against Nederland... awe hell, who cares, I'm going to bed...

Bed sounds good... Gunna hold off for a while, though...

WOS1
09-04-2004, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by GoDeep
Id call Nederland(#19 4a) pretty good competition. They'd probably handle up on Gainesvile pretty well.
Just goes to show how wide open things are this year. WOS lost to a pretty good 3a team last week, then beat a state contending 4a team this week. Maybe they'll tie Bay City next week? Actually, they were #12 in the AP this week.

Gobbla2001
09-04-2004, 01:56 AM
Actually, they were #12 in the AP this week.

Sounds even better to me...

Hupernikomen
09-04-2004, 02:23 AM
all I know is if gainesville and WOS ever meet up it is going to be a blast around here.

WOS1
09-04-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
I wondered when this would happen. All of a sudden Nederland is a force to be reckoned with! I'm sure had you been 1-0 going into tonight, you'd have run Nederland into the ground and predicted their doom. Take your loss to Jasper like a man. Did you honestly expect to go through 3A unscathed and untested?

Wait...wait....let me answer your next post. Yes I do know what I'm talking about.

I let this post go last night because I was too tired, but now that I'm rested up, it's just to tempting to let slide.

First of all, WOSMustang got a reaction from the person he was after with this post. As for Nederland, if you DO NOT think they are a force to be reckoned with then you need to pull your head out of the sand. They lost in the regional semi's last year to LaMarque and returned 17 of 22 from that team. I feel like they were and still are probably a little under rated. They beat the number 9 team in 4A 37-7 in the first week. If your still not convinced of their worth, just ask the Jasper fans around here. Since you're from "East Texas", maybe you'll respect their opinions.

As for us running them down if we were 1-0, that boat WON'T float. We don't dis our opponents, we have respect for the competition and we realize that anything can happen on any given night.

As for your last sentence, I think we have pretty much taken the loss to Jasper like men and so has our team, but I really don't see what that has to do with WOSMustang going after someone who got much delight and bumped his gums about us getting beat. Judging by the sharpness of your attitude, I'm sure you would have done the same. Did we think we would go through 3a unscathed? That's really an assonine question. Does your team come into a season and plan a loss? No... we hoped we would go 15-0 just like most of the teams in 3A. It didn't happen, no big deal, we re-grouped and came back and beat a good Nederland team and I am very proud of them for that. And yes, we do still have our eye on that trophy, if your team doesn't, I'm glad I don't pull for them.

WOS1
09-04-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
The folks I know only gave WOS encouragement.:confused:

You're right Sintonfan, some of you guys were behind us and we thank you for that. Some weren't, but that's OK. Bottom line, it was a HUGE win for us and is just what the doc ordered right about now.

shankbear
09-04-2004, 10:11 AM
I was wondering while riding back from the BC/Liberty game, why such a powerhouse team like Nederland, who also has excellent soccer teams, didn't make any of their extra points in the big game vs. WO-S. No kickers? Collars got a bit tight?

Ranger Mom
09-04-2004, 10:30 AM
I guess I must have missed something last week....I didn't see that "fall-out" I expected from the Jasper/WOS game.

I thought everyone was on their best behavior.

shankbear
09-04-2004, 10:37 AM
Jasper had severe fallout from PNG. What happened there?
:eek:

PPHSfan
09-04-2004, 10:38 AM
Who exactly are "all of those people who were dogging" you? I was keeping up with this game, because it was such a huge game in week zero, and I didn't see anything but a bunch of mutual respect from both teams all week. I sure wish you would point out where all this took place. I love to read some good trash talking.

GUNHO
09-04-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I guess I must have missed something last week....I didn't see that "fall-out" I expected from the Jasper/WOS game.

I thought everyone was on their best behavior.

I'll have to agree with you RM. I thought most of the poster kept it nice an clean.Even Keith,he said just one word,overrated.:D

PPHSfan
09-04-2004, 10:42 AM
And that is just Keith being funny, in his own demented way.:D

Ranger Mom
09-04-2004, 10:45 AM

Ahhh, Keith....you just gotta love him!!:inlove:

PPHSfan
09-04-2004, 10:47 AM
I used to hate his little sillly self. But then he got a dark side, and really started to get clever with some of his posts. Now I look forward to reading his stuff. You just have to understand him.

Ranger Mom
09-04-2004, 10:48 AM
That dark side is right up your alley..huh PPHSfan??:D

PPHSfan
09-04-2004, 10:50 AM
LOL

WOS1
09-04-2004, 11:13 AM
Who exactly are "all of those people who were dogging" you? I was keeping up with this game, because it was such a huge game in week zero, and I didn't see anything but a bunch of mutual respect from both teams all week. I sure wish you would point out where all this took place. I love to read some good trash talking.

I think that WOSMsutang was after Keith and another dude who posted... wait, I'll go back and find it. Be right back... wait never mind. I don't feel like getting it all going again. Anyway, some guy posted, "welcome to 3A" and had some other cute comments, but it's over now.

There were no hard feelings between Jasper and WO-S folks, we've been through this to many times. Getting your butt kicked by Jasper is nothing to be ashamed of.

GUNHO
09-04-2004, 11:44 AM

I'll have to admit he got to me a little when I first came on the board along with a few others.I'ev learned that I can handle it and I'll be damed if I'm going to get in a piss match every week over here if someone dosen't look on my team in the same light as I do.That is if it's not taken to for .
:D

Stanley
09-04-2004, 12:54 PM
I posted this morning on the wos/ned post. I don't mind giving credit where credit is due.

Congratulations Mustangs...
I felt like Ned would score 40 and I didn't plan on the offense having a breakout game. I was wrong on both accounts and WO-S gets a win. Good luck with Bay City.

slpybear the bullfan
09-04-2004, 09:22 PM
Just an outside comment... Not in regards to either Jasper or WOS in particular...

I believe that the top 10 3A and top 10 4A school can compete with each other on a VERY even playing field.

I am not suprised in the least to see outcomes like WOS beating Nederland.

I just think that the two classifications are just too evenly matched...

Just my $.02

Buckeye80
09-05-2004, 12:45 AM
They lost in the regional semi's last year to LaMarque and returned 17 of 22 from that team. I feel like they were and still are probably a little under rated. They beat the number 9 team in 4A 37-7 in the first week. If your still not convinced of their worth, just ask the Jasper fans around here. Since you're from "East Texas", maybe you'll respect their opinions.

All right! Let me follow along with your logic and make my own proclamations. First, the Gilmer Buckeyes lost in the Regional Finals last year to the eventual state champion Atlanta Rabbits and returned 4 of 22 from that team. And we beat the 4A and defending state golf finalist Pine Tree Pirates (who I guarantee you would have made at least a field goal against Nederland) handily in week zero of this year. So, according to my calculations, we are going to lose to Vernon in the State Semi's 14-13.

I don't want to get on you too bad because you obviously put alot of effort into that response. I can respect that. I can also respect the history and tradition of WOS, but much like Celina, alot of people (and GOD let's not get this started again) expected sort of a "cakewalk" for WOS into the playoffs. I'm not saying you were one of them because y'all don't "dis" your opponents, as you eloquently stated; I'm just saying it was noticed.

Besides, if (sorry I mean when) y'all make the playoffs, you'll go D1 and we won't have to play you unless something very weird happens in our district. But if we should happen to meet in the playoffs, "Shucks! We'd probably just sneak off the field before the game anyway!" I mean after all, y'all did beat Nederland. Good luck Mustangs! Hope we go D2!!!:( :( :(

WOS1
09-05-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
All right! Let me follow along with your logic and make my own proclamations. First, the Gilmer Buckeyes lost in the Regional Finals last year to the eventual state champion Atlanta Rabbits and returned 4 of 22 from that team. And we beat the 4A and defending state golf finalist Pine Tree Pirates (who I guarantee you would have made at least a field goal against Nederland) handily in week zero of this year. So, according to my calculations, we are going to lose to Vernon in the State Semi's 14-13.

OK... YOU said WE would have been dogging Nederland if we were 1-0, so why are you making this response? Or did you forget your original position in the first post during your attempt to stir the pot? You just took a 90 degree turn from your original post. What do the Gilmer Buckeyes have to do with how we would have responded to the Nederland game if we were (1-0) or (0-1)?

I don't want to get on you too bad because you obviously put alot of effort into that response.[/QUOTE]

Not really... I can fart responses to posts like yours.

I can also respect the history and tradition of WOS, but much like Celina, alot of people (and GOD let's not get this started again) expected sort of a "cakewalk" for WOS into the playoffs. [/QUOTE]

With the exception of Ty (who is currently on ROM status) you haven't seen that from ANY folks from WO-S. And yes, lets please not get THAT going again.

I'm not saying you were one of them because y'all don't "dis" your opponents, as you eloquently stated; I'm just saying it was noticed.[/QUOTE]

Yes... I have a certain eloquence about me...

Tell me this, when you "noticed" did you "notice" who was making the posts??? Or was that conveniently forgotten?

Besides, if (sorry I mean when) y'all make the playoffs, you'll go D1 and we won't have to play you unless something very weird happens in our district. But if we should happen to meet in the playoffs, "Shucks! We'd probably just sneak off the field before the game anyway!" I mean after all, y'all did beat Nederland. Good luck Mustangs! Hope we go D2!!!:( :( :( [/QUOTE]

OK... I thought we WEREN'T getting that going again? Since you graciously gave me a mulligan, I guess I'll let you slide on that one.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Buckeye80
09-11-2004, 04:22 PM

Not really... I can fart responses to posts like yours. [/B]

Really?? Could you possibly record some of those? Use a few manners in this banter. I was polite... a little sarcastic, but polite. It is, after all, a game which you and I regrettably are not eligible for, and in my case in no physical condition to play.

Tell me this, when you "noticed" did you "notice" who was making the posts??? Or was that conveniently forgotten?

Conveniently forgotten, but you jumped right on that didn't you? You, my friend are scaring me. GET OUTTA' MY HEAD MUSTANG!!

I will not yield to you Mustang with all your fancy words and "correct punctuation". You think you're better than me???????????

Just kidding!:p