PDA

View Full Version : Defending Champs Atlanta apparently goes down.

Buckeye80
09-04-2004, 12:37 AM
I say apparently because I heard it on the radio, and I don't know how reliable the radio is across the rest of Texas, but in East Texas they sometimes get the scores backwards.
Anyway, the score I heard was 4A Hallsville (a very good and often overlooked program) 36, Atlanta 6. If this score is correct, I wouldn't be completely shocked. As I said, Hallsville has a good program. If this info is incorrect, I apologize.:)

Buckeyeman
09-04-2004, 01:37 AM
That is the correct score according to the Longview newspaper

Atl_Rabb_Fan
09-04-2004, 04:48 AM
Yes, it is true. Very bad game for the Rabbs. This could have been one of the worse games I have seen Atlanta play in as long as I can remember. Everyone has been saying that we had a young team and they played like that last night. But don't give up on those Rabbs just yet though. They didn't look to good last year in the beginning and turned things around. But they also didn't get beat 36-6 like they did last night either. But good luck next week Rabbs I will still be there supporting you.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-04-2004, 09:20 AM
What a great team they had last year. From what I heard 8 players are now playing on Saturdays. Can't ask for better than that along with a state championship and state track championship.

But not the same team and I'm not sure that the Rabbs will even make the playoffs this year.

PPHSfan
09-04-2004, 09:21 AM
Atlanta went 1-4 in Preseason last year against big 4A schools, and then came together. I wouldn't count them out just yet.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-04-2004, 09:34 AM
I listened the Gilmer game and I saw them play Vernon. They didn't win because of coaching but pure athletic ability. had Vernon had Burns I think the Lions would have beat Atlanta.

Not sure you saw the semi final game, but Vernon had the ball on the Atlanta 4 yard line down 13 with less than 4 to go in the game. Went out on downs. Vernon didn't have have the athletes that the Rabbs had. That was a great team but they are gone and I don't see it this year.

They graduated those star athletes. They only suited up about 30 players in the semi final game so their depth didn't look too deep. Last year the talk was all about speed, which they had. How many of those juniors or sophmores of last year ran on the state track team?

I just don't see them as a contender this year.