PDA

View Full Version : Cameron does it again! Yoe 35 Bellville 22!

theyoefnshow
09-04-2004, 12:04 AM
What a game! Cameron seemed to be playing flat for some reason but they still got the job done. The last TD that Bellville got came in the last few seconds of the game. Not alot of penalties and everything looked to be injury free. Can't wait til next week!! Once again, it was the Ryan Mullins show. I think at half time the kid was 9 of 10 for well over 100 yards!

Hupernikomen
09-04-2004, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
What a game! Cameron seemed to be playing flat for some reason but they still got the job done. The last TD that Bellville got came in the last few seconds of the game. Not alot of penalties and everything looked to be injury free. Can't wait til next week!! Once again, it was the Ryan Mullins show. I think at half time the kid was 9 of 10 for well over 100 yards!

Glad to see Cameron having a good year. Have liked Cameron ever since I sat on their side when we (Jasper) played them a couple years back and Pittman was a senior. What division is Cameron most likely to go into if and when they make the playoffs?

Bull's-eye
09-04-2004, 03:17 AM
Congratulations to Cameron! Their offense is very wide-open and will drive defenses crazy. Everything is done from the shotgun formation, with 1 RB and 3-4 receivers spread wide. This really spreads the defense out. On Cameron's opening drive, Bellville had no clue on stopping the running game. Cameron scored to make the game 6-0. Bellville marched right back to take a 7-6 lead. Their offense had great success keeping the ball on the ground, led by QB Sanders. Cameron's RB Olivarri scored on a 24 yd run and the 2 pt conversion was good, to make the score 14-7. Bellville answered with a 30 yd FG to make the score 14-10. Late in the 2nd QTR, with Bellville in Cameron territory, Bellville attempts a fake punt. Cameron stops the play and then scores a TD with 14 secs left in the half. The fake punt turned out to be a bad decision by the Bellville coaching staff. Most likely, a punt would of pinned Cameron back and kept the score at 14-10. Now, the Brahmas are trailing 21-10 and the momentum has swung to the Yoemen. Bellville fumbles the ball away on their opening drive of the third QTR, and Cameron scores to take a 28-10 lead. Bellville then drives to Cameron's 27 yd line. On 4th down, they attempt a 44 yd FG. Trailing by 18 pts, and Cameron's offense eating up the clock, I didn't think this was the right call. The kick never had a chance and the score remained 28-10. With 3 secs remaining in the 3rd QTR, Bellville scores on a Bryant 5 yd TD run. This makes the score 28-16. The extra point was missed, but I wondered why they didn't go for Two? A 2 pt conversion would have cut the lead to 10. Both teams score late to make the final 35-22.
Bellville's offense rushed for 230 yds and the offensive line made great strides with some pretty good run blocking. The defense wasn't ready early for Cameron's offense, but made some adjustments to hold them to 176 yds rushing. Cameron countered with 160 yds passing.

zpiber
09-05-2004, 07:49 AM
Welcome back Cameron way to represent that old 183A District Marlin, Rockdale, Caldwell, Troy, Lorena, Cameron for the past two years this district was well represent in football, and Baseball, not to bad in Hoops.

Bull's-eye
09-05-2004, 12:45 PM
Cameron has a very good radio station 1330 AM , that brodcasts their football games. I took my walkman radio and listened to their pre-game show and the live broadcast of the game. They do a great job!

BrahmaMom
09-06-2004, 06:15 PM
Growing pains hurt! We knew our defense was gonna be tested; now we've got to recover and get ready for..Marlin-ugh! Let's pull it together, Bulls! Don't give up, Fans! It's easy to love 'em when they're winning, but we need to stand by 'em and love 'em when they're not! Love ya Bulls!!!