PDA

View Full Version : Barbers Hill 35 Vidor 19

RBARKER
09-03-2004, 11:51 PM
This was a much better test for the Eagles. Vidor has a good QB and RB but the Eagles were just to much for the Pirates.

Old Cardinal
09-04-2004, 12:10 AM
BH must be very good this year. You beat a good 4A in the Pirates. Big shocker--Anahuac 29 Newton 28. The fact that you manhandled Anahuac last week and they just upset Newton says to me that BH is in the hunt in 3A ball.

eagle08
09-04-2004, 12:37 AM
I agree with you OC. The Hill is looking great. They have Dickinson next and then Diboll. Not to look past Dickinson, but the Diboll game ( with their high state ranking ) should be a good indicator of where they stand. Like I said BH sure does look good this early in the season. I really wasn't sure how good Anahuac was after last weeks game, but they must be pretty good to beat Newton. The Hill may be that much better?

hsfootballrules
09-04-2004, 12:46 AM
Well great game BH was just a little better tonight........Made big plays with their two big players and the scarry thing is they are both juniors........one thing i thought really hurt vidor was team speed.........they would try to run outside on bh and it wasnt happening when they ran right at bh they got some yards

RBARKER
09-04-2004, 01:21 PM
After Anahuac beating Newton and BH beating a pretty good Vidor team the Eagles should climb the polls this week. BH is looking good this early in the season maybe the Eagles can break their playoff jinx this year.

hsfootballrules
09-04-2004, 03:15 PM
BH wont climb in the polls untill they make a playoff run..........I wish they would cause I think this is one of the better bh teams they still have a while to go...........Maybe if they can beat Dickinson and Diboll

Eagleman
09-04-2004, 08:45 PM
Vidor proved to be a good test for the Eagle D, but what impressed me was the way the offense responded to all of Vidor's scores with one of their own, almost every time on the next play.

The offense didn't get a punishing drive going because of their big plays, which tired the D, but this years offense is explosive and one of the best in years.

One query though, why only one, I think, pass route for the whole game for the TE #84, he is a big kid with excellent hands, just a question because I remember his awesome catches in the playoffs last year.

RBARKER
09-04-2004, 11:06 PM
Eagleman, I have been confused my self why BH doesn't use more pass routes there are tons to choose from. The worst one BH does on a consistant basses is the swing pass. Have we ever gained yardage from this pass? I know it sounds like I'm complaining but I'm not just wondering why. The coaches have definitly expanded the playbook over the last couple of years and overall it looks good.

exbccards76'smom
09-05-2004, 01:16 AM
Congrats to BH for a good win. Good to see ya'll moving in the right direction.