PDA

View Full Version : Gainesville 60 Antonian Prep 15

HighSchool Fan
09-03-2004, 10:53 PM
Terrius Purvey had over 100 yards rushing and over 100 yards in punt and kickoff returns. He also had 5 touchdowns. Oh yeah, this was all in the first half. He only played DB in the 2nd half.

Gainesville really needs some help in there pass defense. They better get that together before next week when they play Decatur. Gainesville has a big question at QB. If a team can somehow shut down Purvey, there QB can't win the game for them. I'm sure Coach Cordell will have everything in fine shape before the playoffs gets here.

All in all I would give them a grade of 'C' for their play tonight.

KTJ
09-03-2004, 11:02 PM
Wow a C???

That's kinda harsh and means "you barely passed."

Then again, you were at the game and I wasn't so I'll have to take what you give me.

HighSchool Fan
09-03-2004, 11:08 PM
G'ville had way to many penalty's. They also turned the ball over atleast 4 times. At one point G'ville had them on the 1 inch line, a couple of pass plays and a few penalty's and Antonian scores. How many times did a team go 99 yards against G'ville last year? The DB's hardly ever looked for the ball, they just wanted the big hit. All the mistakes tonight are correctable. If Antonian had better recievers, they might of scored a few more points.

Keith7
09-03-2004, 11:37 PM
Coach Cordell is a defensive minded coach.. He can find ways to disrupt the passing game with out a great pass rush.. just ask Stephen McGee or Phillip Daughtry... From all the scouting reports i have read said that San Antonian Prep was a pass oriented team, so this was a good game going into next week

BigChief
09-04-2004, 02:19 AM
Where was this game played? Heck of a road trip for somebody.