PDA

View Full Version : Gatesville at Cameron

dab
09-10-2002, 10:28 AM
I just wanted to see what everyone thought about Cameron and Gatesville this week. Both are coming off tough losses from a week ago. Gatesville fell to a very good Burnet team, while Bellville knocked off Cameron. I think this will be another great game between the two teams. Pittman is a tough running quarterback and Wilcox is probably the best DB in Class AAA. Gatesville has some power offensively with Thayer, but have been unable to find stability in the defense. It should be a great game!!!

ATMO
09-10-2002, 01:25 PM
After seeing what Gatesville can do first hand last week, I will have a hard time picking many people to beat them. Their ball-control offense and big-play capabilities make them a really good football team. If someone wants to get in a smash-mouth game with the Hornets, look out, because you will probably lose!

eye of the tiger
09-10-2002, 04:14 PM
I think both teams will be hungry to get back on the winning side. The kind of game that Friday nights were made for. Good luck to both teams.

greendog fan
09-10-2002, 04:24 PM
I dont see gatesville having any trouble with camenron this week. Gatesville is a very good team. Ican see them going very far in the play offs this year. All they need is someone to step up and take a little presure off their outstanding rb aand they can go a long way. Burnet could not stop their one rb last week. they just need someone to take a little presure off him, everyone knows if you stop him, you can beat them.

Chris Hart
09-10-2002, 04:27 PM
Give me Gatesville 41-14.Them Hornets are good.

------------------
Big Green Dawg

c-town_balla
09-10-2002, 05:55 PM
Ok....41-14....I don't think Cameron has ever even given that many points....ok mabey 41-14 give or take 30.....it should be 20-17 yoe....kinda like last year?

Swarm 51
09-11-2002, 01:36 AM
C-town-balla, what you saw last year at Waco ISD Stadium when the Yoemen and Hornets squared off in the first game of the season compared to this year is a completely different Hornet team. Last year they were coming back after losing 23 seniors and replacing the entire offensive line except for two players. Not so this year. I watched Cameron scrimmage Robinson. The Yoemen have a good team, but I think we should wait until the final whistle Friday night before we start our bragging rights.

dab
09-11-2002, 01:37 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/tongue.gif

I think the Hornets will not only be hungry after losing to Burnet last week, but they will be looking to avenge last year's loss to Cameron as well. I am anxious to see what kind of Gatesville team shows up this week. I really don't believe that there was a 20 point difference between Burnet and Gatesville last week.

c-town_balla
09-11-2002, 06:05 PM
im not bragging....but people it isnt going to be 41-14

hornet03
09-11-2002, 08:04 PM
First of all I just want to thank Burnet for all the respect youre giving us. That shows a lot of good things about your team and the kind of people in your community. I really hope that yall go far and if yall go longer than us I know the team will be there to support you guys. Second, I agree with swarm 51 on last years game. We had about 4 or 5 returning people who had even seen the field in previous years and other than a few big plays, I think it was a great performance from such a young team, and that game could have gone either way.

Bulldog1990
09-13-2002, 11:45 PM
Gatesville I am sure has won that game. They have a great running game and I am sure they will go far. BTW does anyone what the score was tonight?????

cl23
09-14-2002, 12:07 AM
Gatesville 21 Cameron 6...G-ville could have easily scored at least 2 more times in the 4th, but they decided to play their second team and then sit on the ball withi the 20 yard line for the last couple minutes of the game. Pittman got lose once on Gatesville- late in the game, not sure if the entire 1st team D was in or not...not to take anything away from Pittman- because he is good- just doesn't have anybody to support him. One key stat- Gatesville's Thayer had about 29 carries for around 240 yards and I believe 2 TD's.

Chris Hart
09-14-2002, 12:11 AM
I had a feeling that one could have got ugly.Gatesville has a class program and a good team.

Swarm 51
09-14-2002, 01:09 AM
Gatesville had most of their defensive subs in when Pittman broke loose on his long run with less than three minutes left in the 4th quarter. Have to give him credit as he is quite a nifty runner. Too bad the Yoe coaches don't use an offense perhaps based on the "I" formation. Pittman would run wild in something other than what Cameron is using. But, then must give heaps of credit to the Hornet defense as they definitely kept Pittman bottled up most of the night and played defense as we fans knew they were capable of playing. They looked like a complete different defensive team tonight than against Burnet and I mean that in a positive way. I know the Hornets are looking forward to a week off and preparing for their first district game with Hillsboro in two weeks.

football02
09-14-2002, 09:39 AM
The reason Gatesville's defense looks so good is because they can key on Pittman not stayin in the pocket. If coach would get a new QB we would be alright. Pittman has alot of tallent but he thinks its all for him and it is starting to show.

TickleMeElmo
09-14-2002, 10:03 AM
You know I dont think he is out there just for him I think hes doin what ever he can to win. But we dont need a new qb its only the third game of the season and everyone is already hating on us even people from our own town. In Cameron when stuff starts goin bad the backing and support of the team just falls apart. Do ever wonder why our football players have to wave their hands to get people to cheer. This town is about tradition and winning well i say how about this town show some backing when it starts gettin tough and dont just give up.The kids and coaches never give up so why should anyone else!

TickleMeElmo
09-14-2002, 10:21 AM
When I say this town it refers only to some people but not the whole town also Cameron is a great town but all im saying is that lets show some support none of these games count. These games are to make and get us better in the long run. We are a young ad inexperienced team. We have played 2 top quality teams the past 2 weeks so lets not give up on these guys. This is to the team keep your head up and keep playin hard to play as a team You have to work as a team. Just keep your head up and it will work out for you after week 10.

football02
09-14-2002, 07:11 PM
I agree-we don't need a qb this late-but pittman does have and attitude we can do without and if he doesn't want to throw-he should have been a back. He has great talent and maybe he will improve even more this year. Alot of Cameron supports the Yoemen-there were quite a few people wearing Yoe t-shirts today after a 21-6 loss.

rhs_wr_06
09-15-2002, 12:58 AM
Cameron Yoe couldn't even run through the break out with out screwing up somehow. There O-line isn't that great this year b/c they only have 1 returning starter.

------------------
~¤Prime Time¤~
Casey Lane

KillerBee
09-15-2002, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by c-town_balla:
Ok....41-14....I don't think Cameron has ever even given that many points....ok mabey 41-14 give or take 30.....it should be 20-17 yoe....kinda like last year?

Actually, Cameron has given up more than 41 points to the Hornets - the CALDWELL HORNETS (whoop!) in a 49-15 loss in 1995.

KillerBee
09-15-2002, 08:41 AM
Lane, on behalf of friends in Cameron - shut up!