PDA

View Full Version : Burnet 28 Liberty Hill 27 Final

Old Dog
09-03-2004, 10:02 PM
Wow, what a game! Liberty Hill really played a tough game. Burnet's back-up QB came thru in a tough situation.

spiveyrat
09-03-2004, 10:26 PM
Wow! A squeaker!!! :D

SintonFan
09-03-2004, 10:26 PM
Wow! That must have been a great game. Is this officially a rivalry now? Congratulations Burnet! 2-0!
Liberty Hill will give anyone they play fits this year in the playoffs!
Tough loss. You guys will be alright.:)

Chris Hart
09-03-2004, 11:12 PM
Liberty Hill played a great game, and so did Burnet. Liberty Hill gambled and went for a two point conversion with a little over a minute to play, and were stopped. It was an awesome game, and it has been a rivalry for a while already.

BIG19
09-03-2004, 11:14 PM
I agree, I see LH going pretty deep this year. They have the talent and the drive. Great game to both teams.

JettJenkins04
Hang in there LH, you played your hearts out. Good luck next week to both teams. Congrats to Burnet on a big win.

Go Raiders 2-0 and counting:D

HighSchool Fan
congrats on a big win Burnet. Keep it up.

LH Panther Mom
09-03-2004, 11:20 PM
The only thing that would've been worse than losing by 1 point, would've been if my son had still been on the team. Coach Vance made a gutsy, smart move in attempting the 2-pt conversion.

Burnet folks, can you tell me why our first td was called back? I was still working concession stand then, so didn't get to see it.

It was an incredible game & even though a loss, has got to give our guys a lot of confidence.

Great job, Panthers!

Chris Hart
09-03-2004, 11:42 PM
LH Panther Mom, I believe there was a false start on the play you are referring to, but there were so many big plays called back on both teams, that it's hard to remember. I know there were some bad calls against both teams, but both kept on fighting. It was a true slugfest out there tonight. Both teams will benefit from this game, and I'm glad neither team had any serious injuries. Good luck from here out, we're behind yall!:)

LH Panther Mom
09-03-2004, 11:51 PM
Same here, Chris. Hope you got some bbq.

KtJ, did you make it?

olddawggreen
09-03-2004, 11:52 PM
:) :) :) :) :D :D What a game!, Good job Greendogs, and congratulations Panthers, you have a lot to be proud of. I will definatly be pulling for you this year!:) :)

olddawggreen
09-04-2004, 08:37 AM
And by the way, the BBQ hit the spot!:)

HotDawg89
09-04-2004, 08:48 AM
That is just the way I like those games- there was so much electricity in the air- it was unreal! Liberty H Ill played a phenomenal game. I was glad to see the Bulldogs takes it home, and a little surprised too. Strange how this friendly rivalry makes you care so much about the kids on the opposing team. The last 3 years or so have been so much fun to watch in the regular season closing games with both teams 9-0. . . Felt weird to be playing LH so early in the season- felt like there was so much riding onthe game.

LH has a great deal of talent, and I think they will take it deep inthe playoffs this year. Good luck to a great town and a great team of kids!

BIG19
09-04-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by HotDawg89
That is just the way I like those games- there was so much electricity in the air- it was unreal! Liberty H Ill played a phenomenal game. I was glad to see the Bulldogs takes it home, and a little surprised too. Strange how this friendly rivalry makes you care so much about the kids on the opposing team. The last 3 years or so have been so much fun to watch in the regular season closing games with both teams 9-0. . . Felt weird to be playing LH so early in the season- felt like there was so much riding onthe game.

LH has a great deal of talent, and I think they will take it deep inthe playoffs this year. Good luck to a great town and a great team of kids!

This couldn't be THE HOTDAWG89 could it? Talk about a long time no hear......You have been missed. Glad to have ya back.

If you have not yet, join us on the 4a board too. Also, clear out your PM's.

HotDawg89
09-04-2004, 09:54 AM

The one and only, Big19! How are things in the beautiful, exotic area that you are in? I hear you are due to come home soon. You've been missed too my friend. Your little one is getting TALL! We can't wait to have you home! I don't know the web addy for the 4A page. I've been looking all morning. I don't know what to do with Burnet being 4A now. It's like a complete readjustment for the web pages I've been to, etc. I don't think we'll be running over any teams anymore either. Whew- what a difference an "A" makes. And LH almost got us last night! Sned me the addy to the other page, would you? Take care and stay out of harms way!

LH Panther Mom
09-04-2004, 09:56 AM
http://www.texaaaasports.com/vb/

Here ya go...

BIG19
09-04-2004, 09:59 AM
The one and only, Big19! How are things in the beautiful, exotic area that you are in? I hear you are due to come home soon. You've been missed too my friend. Your little one is getting TALL! We can't wait to have you home! I don't know the web addy for the 4A page. I've been looking all morning. I don't know what to do with Burnet being 4A now. It's like a complete readjustment for the web pages I've been to, etc. I don't think we'll be running over any teams anymore either. Whew- what a difference an "A" makes. And LH almost got us last night! Sned me the addy to the other page, would you? Take care and stay out of harms way!

Hey shoot me a pm when you get your cleared out. Need to run somthign by you.

FAN
09-04-2004, 01:00 PM
I was wondering where the 4A forum was? Thank you!! :confused:

FAN
09-04-2004, 01:05 PM
THANK YOU!!!

Kool Tarpon 21
09-04-2004, 02:21 PM
That game was an awesome game. I was there watching that game. I knew Liberty Hill was going to be a good team this year because last year when we played them, they gave us a game and they were all young. I have no doubt in my mind that Liberty Hill is going to be a force in Region IV. I was sitting on the Liberty Hill side too. I was hoping no one recognized me. LoL. Well, good luck to the Panthers.

Bandera YaYa
09-04-2004, 10:08 PM
[COLOR=deeppink]
Sounds like it was a great game! Congrats to both teams...wish I could have been there to see it! Bandera bet Hondo yesterday and we beat Floresville last Friday.....but I don't think either one of them are that powerful this year. But still feels good to win a few!! Do we still play you, Liberty Hill???? Do you know where that game will be played this year??

espn1
09-04-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
[COLOR=deeppink]
Sounds like it was a great game! Congrats to both teams...wish I could have been there to see it! Bandera bet Hondo yesterday and we beat Floresville last Friday.....but I don't think either one of them are that powerful this year. But still feels good to win a few!! Do we still play you, Liberty Hill???? Do you know where that game will be played this year??
Yes you will play Liberty Hill In LH. Oh! By the way. It's called a District game.:D :D

Bandera YaYa
09-04-2004, 10:30 PM
OK...thanks for the info, espn1..........gee, be nice to me.....I think I do remember what a district game is!! hehehehe

espn1
09-04-2004, 10:33 PM
OK...thanks for the info, espn1..........gee, be nice to me.....I think I do remember what a district game is!! hehehehe
I'm always nice! Especially to hot looking Bandera chicks.:D :D :D

Bandera YaYa
09-04-2004, 10:35 PM
...ummmm, yes, flattery will get you everywhere!!!

LH Panther Mom
09-05-2004, 07:19 AM
The game is Oct 22, in LH. YaYa, maybe I figured out your color problem. Not sure, but it's worth a shot. Holler when you're back on.

LH Panther Mom
09-05-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Kool Tarpon 21
That game was an awesome game. I was there watching that game. I knew Liberty Hill was going to be a good team this year because last year when we played them, they gave us a game and they were all young. I have no doubt in my mind that Liberty Hill is going to be a force in Region IV. I was sitting on the Liberty Hill side too. I was hoping no one recognized me. LoL. Well, good luck to the Panthers.

Thanks for the support, Kool Tarpon 21. If you had been in uniform, I would definitely have spotted you. :D

Bandera YaYa
09-05-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
The game is Oct 22, in LH. YaYa, maybe I figured out your color problem. Not sure, but it's worth a shot. Holler when you're back on.

Thanks! I'm here!

espn1
09-05-2004, 09:56 AM
Thanks! I'm here! Sounds like it was a great game! Congrats to both teams...wish I could have been there to see it! Bandera bet Hondo yesterday and we beat Floresville last Friday.....but I don't think either one of them are that powerful this year. But still feels good to win a few!! Do we still play you, Liberty Hill???? Do you know where that game will be played this year?? I know the problem, you're using the wrong colors.:D :D :D

marlin fan
09-05-2004, 09:59 AM
i know this is late but... congrads burnet on the win friday night and good luck this week!!!!! thank god coach malone didnt schedule us for another beating LOL:D :) ;) :p :cool:

Bandera YaYa
09-05-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by espn1
Sounds like it was a great game! Congrats to both teams...wish I could have been there to see it! Bandera bet Hondo yesterday and we beat Floresville last Friday.....but I don't think either one of them are that powerful this year. But still feels good to win a few!! Do we still play you, Liberty Hill???? Do you know where that game will be played this year?? I know the problem, you're using the wrong colors.:D :D :D [COLOR=deeppink]

HAHAHAHAHA!! Darn, I had forgotten just how funny you think you are!!! (hehehehe) (here is where I would have a "rolling eyes" smiley face and then a "duh" smiley face....)

Maybe LHMom will be able to get my color back!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
09-05-2004, 10:23 AM
[COLOR=deeppink]

HAHAHAHAHA!! Darn, I had forgotten just how funny you think you are!!! (hehehehe) (here is where I would have a "rolling eyes" smiley face and then a "duh" smiley face....)

Maybe LHMom will be able to get my color back!!!!!

Check pm's.

LH Panther Mom
09-05-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Check pm's.

Had to resend...

LHMom
09-05-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Kool Tarpon 21

Thanks for dropping by Kool Tarpon. It WAS a great game. Our boys are disappointed to walk away without the victory. They support the decision to go for two, but it still hurts. And as LH Panther Mom knows - those 1 and 2 year ex-players were there in droves wanting it just as bad. I know Coach Vance will get the team back up and ready to play. It was a great game.