PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Brahmas

BrahmaMom
09-03-2004, 06:28 AM
Okay, Brahma fans, we knew it was gonna be rough out of the box. Come on, let's make a little noise for the Bulls. They have talent, they have speed, they have heart. Brahmas, don't stop now, unless it's to stop the outside activities that seem to be distracting some of you. Pull it together. You have a tradition to continue, a town looking to you, and younger Brahmas looking up to you. Get that ball and run with it, make those stops--hard and quick. Fans, get behind this team and help them grow up this season. Go Brahmas! This Mom is counting on you!!

CheerMom
09-03-2004, 08:43 AM
Good Luck in your game this week. Stay injury free!! Go Raiders!!! :cheerl:

NHSRattler60
09-03-2004, 09:19 AM
Good Luck. Cameron Yeo is good

BrahmaMom
09-03-2004, 09:30 AM
No doubt Cameron is good. I hope the Brahmas come out ready to get the job done. Win or lose, they'll learn from Cameron and improve. Thanks, CheerMom, hope ya'll win big and stay injury-free (my mantra). Go Bulls!

Pudlugger
09-03-2004, 09:48 AM
How'd the baby Brahmas do last night? Good luck tonight.:)

Bull's-eye
09-03-2004, 12:31 PM
Good post BrahmaMom, we need to support this young team. They have 11 sophomores on the team and a lot of them have been starting and seeing plenty of action. This team will get better and improve every week. They have a very difficult pre-district schedule that should prepare them for district play. It may be a little rough early, but they will grow into a good football team.
The "Red Storm" and I are ready for this weekend. We will get to watch the current Brahmas and some of the former Brahmas.

Johnny Utah
09-03-2004, 02:13 PM
I know one of their coaches very well. The staff will have the young ones ready, but as is true with most young teams, they will experience growing pains. Fair weather fans need to realize this and support not hinder. Good luck.

BrahmaMom
09-03-2004, 02:18 PM
Glad to hear it, Bull'sEye. I know the Red Mustache was heartbroken last week. But the Brahmas will be ready come district. Having to mature on the field is a tough thing to do, I admire these guys for playing every down 110%. You have a lot of driving to do this weekend. Wear navy on Sunday. Ya'll have the jersey numbers. Have fun and cheer for me at the Brahma game, I'm heading into Houston this afternoon to take some of my favorite college players to dinner (I love to watch them eat!). My neighbors (a former football coach from south of Houston) and BrahmaDad will be in your area. I'll be down closer to the field in case the coaches need my advice. Go Brahmas!

Bull's-eye
09-03-2004, 03:41 PM
Thanks BrahmaMom, my friend will be working our side of the field. I told him to look for the ex-Brahmas. Hopefully, "Red Mustache" will have a better football weekend. Good luck to those Brahmas, current and former.

SintonFan
09-03-2004, 05:03 PM
Good luck Brahmas!:)

JettJenkins04
09-03-2004, 08:20 PM
Good luck Brahmas, The storm doesn't last always.

Go Raiders.:D

elhs
09-03-2004, 10:37 PM
What was Bellville Score?

Strike Fast
09-03-2004, 10:39 PM
Anyone?

c-town_balla
09-04-2004, 12:07 AM
38-20 cameron

good game though

Bull's-eye
09-04-2004, 03:53 AM
Cameron won 35-22. Bellville's offense made some improvement. Bellville got their running game going, led by a much improved line blocking. The line also provided pretty good pass blocking. The passing game remained poor and will need to be worked on. I saw one good slant play that netted some good yardage. Too many long passes and not any short passing on early downs. I don't recall any screen plays, or short passes to the TE's. The defense didn't seem to be prepared for Cameron's offense. I give a lot of credit to Cameron, they have an offense that will drive defenses crazy. Too much for the young Brahmas. Bellville's coaches gambled and lost on the fake punt. I thought this was the turning point of the game. A game in the "Pasture" may be what this young team needs! Keep working hard and the wins will come.

Bellville22
09-04-2004, 03:29 PM
Yes, there was improvement from Week 0. Offense appeared more together, and the nervousness was gone. Unfortunately for the Brahmas, we can't improve in the size dept., and that's going to be the big downfall of this Bellville defense. They are unable to make contact and the tackle in the same spot, every ball carrier seems to gain 3 to 4 yds after contact, and that won't become any easier to change, especially in this district.

Wouldn't mind seeing a 2-QB system from Bellville. Pope looked good running the show. It's very obvious that Sanders needs to have the ball in his hands, he's the biggest threat on the field, and makes plays out of nothing. I'd like to see him get a chance to get the ball in the flat or on routes or handoffs, rather than from center.

Keep working Bellville, I'm seeing signs of improvement.