PDA

View Full Version : Newton vs. Huntington

purplethug
10-28-2002, 08:23 PM
whats everyones opinion about this game?

DibollFan11
10-28-2002, 08:31 PM
lol are you kidding me? no comment go Devils!

eye of the tiger
10-28-2002, 09:52 PM
I dont think Huntington will be having a victory party. Newton way to strong.

Birdman
10-28-2002, 10:04 PM
keep the women and children off of the field. It will not be nice.......

DibollFan11
10-28-2002, 10:12 PM
`tuck your head between your legs an kiss your booty good bye..Jasper vs Huntington will be awesome :p

bulldog_man
10-28-2002, 10:19 PM
Newton has this one in the bag. Newton by 40 at least.

Bulldog92
10-28-2002, 10:37 PM
I feel sorry for the Devils as it will be a heavenly time for both Newton and Jasper in the next two weeks, respectively. The football gods certainly aren't smiling on Huntington. What did they do to deserve a schedule like this? :D

Compudyne
10-29-2002, 09:57 AM
Newton 35
Huntington 0

Next week

Jasper 75
Huntington 0

Newton has a lot of Class when taking on weaker opponents. Jasper does not.

duckbutter
10-29-2002, 10:04 AM
If you are a coach at Huntington what do you tell your kids, how do you get them motivated for the next 2 weeks? Poor kids, kinda feel sorry for them.

duckbutter
10-29-2002, 10:04 AM
If you are a coach at Huntington what do you tell your kids, how do you get them motivated for the next 2 weeks? Poor kids, kinda feel sorry for them. frown

PappaBear
10-29-2002, 10:27 AM
Compudyne:
Newton 35
Huntington 0

Next week

Jasper 75
Huntington 0

PappaBear
10-29-2002, 10:32 AM
Compudyne:
Newton 35
Huntington 0

Next week

Jasper 75
Huntington 0

Newton has a lot of Class when taking on weaker opponents. Jasper does not.Jasper has pulled the starters in the secound half in every game this year except the jesuit game. We played JV against Dibol during the 4th!! come on Jasper always pulls off the dogs, some times our third string and deeper will score, but you can't ask your players not to try their best. come on it's football.

southern_thunder
10-29-2002, 10:42 AM
Compudyne:
Newton 35
Huntington 0

Next week

Jasper 75
Huntington 0

Newton Fan
10-29-2002, 10:47 AM
Newton Coaches have historically pulled the starters before running the score out of site and if the games in the next two weeks start getting away I suspect they will do the same.

Newton, nor Jasper can afford to pull startes to soon as the players must be ready for what starts in 3 weeks!

southern_thunder
10-29-2002, 10:51 AM
Compudyne:
Newton 35
Huntington 0

Next week

Jasper 75
Huntington 0

Newton has a lot of Class when taking on weaker opponents. Jasper does not.How can you say that? Jasperhasnotplayed their starters for a full game yet even against Newton they were pulled half way through the 4th quarter and against Nacogdoches and Smiley the starters were pulled early in the third quarter. And you can not tell the second, third, and sometimes forth team guys not to play hard, and if you have been to any of these games you would know that the play calling gets very conservative when the nonstarters are in the game. I mean when you run base dive for an entire quarter what else can you do.

Compudyne
10-29-2002, 10:56 AM
I never said that Jasper didn't pull their starters. I said that Newton does a better job of keeping the score down. Remember, they are just kids. There is no need to beat them by 70+ just because you can.

SETXFBFAN
10-29-2002, 11:10 AM
as I overheard a coach respond to another coach why he kept running up the score

"It ain't my job to stop my offense, that is your job"

PappaBear
10-29-2002, 11:27 AM
Compudyne:
I never said that Jasper didn't pull their starters. I said that Newton does a better job of keeping the score down. Remember, they are just kids. There is no need to beat them by 70+ just because you can.What else can you do besides play the back ups and run it up the gut, do you want us to kneel for a whole half, come on you can't tell your back ups "hey when you get in the game don't try your best and you better not score" Your back ups are competeing for starting jobs and have worked hard to.

Reveille
10-29-2002, 03:21 PM
The fat lady is about to start singing. Newton and Jasper by as much as they want it to be.

St. Ivender
10-29-2002, 04:35 PM
The difference between Jasper and Newton is that Jasper HAS a third string, Newton only has a string and a half. The clock operator in Newton knows to keep the clock running during blow-outs

bearkatdad
10-29-2002, 09:40 PM
No problem here...Newton in a romp!!!!!....at least by 35!!

j_dog
10-30-2002, 12:06 AM
Compudyne:
Newton 35
Huntington 0

Next week

Jasper 75
Huntington 0

Newton has a lot of Class when taking on weaker opponents. Jasper does not.I have to disagree with you. Jasper probably could have scored the 75 you speak of against Diboll if they had left in the starters. Heck it wasn't just the JV that Jasper put in. It was a freshman that they had just pulled up from the freshman team that scored Jasper's final TD on a run. Now who is going to tell a freshman not to try? A sophmore QB hands off to a freshman RB and he scores. They are right, it was Diboll's job to stop him, not Jasper's. And, I guess you are right. Jasper did not stop the freshman from scoring. Shame on them.

Actually, if Huntington is as weak as some suggest, I suspect that Jasper will have the second and third string in very early. I will be surprised if Jasper scores even 50 points because there probably will be no point to it. Now if Huntington starts talking trash, I will change my prediction. And whatever happened to all that talk at the start of the season that Jasper would have to have several guys going both ways to compete in 3a.

But enough of Huntington. Jasper has to prepare for Woodville this week, and that will be no cake walk. Good luck to Woodville and Huntington.

Jetback
10-30-2002, 07:56 AM
Newton--104 (I think they will miss an extra point), Huntington--0

Wildcat81
10-30-2002, 01:04 PM
Newton and Huntington Newton is going to beat their socks off, Newton 42 Huntington 0 . eek!