PDA

View Full Version : Surf's up!

spiveyrat
09-02-2004, 01:37 PM
Surfing forcast at Indialantic, Florida surf shop...
http://image.weather.com/web/multimedia/images/slideshows/frances/longboard.jpg

Cat22
09-02-2004, 01:44 PM
Man I really feel for those people. I remember a few years ago evacuating because of the threat of a hurricane. It's not fun believe me. Lucky for us it did not hit us. I also remember evacuating in 1992. That was horrible, I think it took us like five hours to drive 30 miles. Hopefully we will not have to do this again.

JasperDog94
09-02-2004, 02:07 PM
Some church friends of mine just got transferred to Orlando. They just missed the last one and now they have to deal with this one. Oh, and they just had a baby a little over a month ago.:(

spiveyrat
09-03-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Cat22
Man I really feel for those people. I remember a few years ago evacuating because of the threat of a hurricane. It's not fun believe me. Lucky for us it did not hit us. I also remember evacuating in 1992. That was horrible, I think it took us like five hours to drive 30 miles. Hopefully we will not have to do this again.

I remember evacuating for Andrew too. I was living in Nederland at the time and I can remember hearing stories of how it took people 8 hours to get from Beaumont to Jasper. We took I-10 to Houston and then went north on I-45. It was MUCH faster that way. Traffic wasn't bad at all. There are more 4 lane highways now going north and south which should help some when it happens again. It STILL isn't 4 lane all the way from Jasper to Beaumont, though. There are still a few bottlenecks.

Keith7
09-03-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Surfing forcast at Indialantic, Florida surf shop...
http://image.weather.com/web/multimedia/images/slideshows/frances/longboard.jpg

shouldnt they have better things to do then t ake funny pictures

PPHSfan
09-03-2004, 12:02 PM
I think I could WALK 30 miles in five hours, if I wasn't old with a bad leg. :D

CHS_Grad '85
09-03-2004, 12:46 PM
Don't sell yourself short... I think you'd get farther than anyone in a vehicle...

PPHSfan
09-03-2004, 12:51 PM
If I decide to move to Florida when I retire. The first thing I am investing in other that a garage full of plywood, will be a good dirt bike. That way I can leave town when I need to driving down the median strip.:D

coiled2strike
09-03-2004, 01:01 PM
i remeber selling pizzas to folks in traffic in lumberton(dominoes)...my brother and i ran that store for a few years b/4 i moved to go to a&m...people were ordering pizza and 2liters from their car and we could turn around a large 1 topping in about 11 minutes...made a killin'...maybe i sold you a pizza...lol

wish those folks in florida the best of luck with this hurricane...