PDA

View Full Version : Must go to bed now...

Gobbla2001
09-01-2004, 10:16 PM
Must go to bed and lay down my head
If I do not, tomorrow I'll be walking dead
The day was long the hours so many
I've started to drink green tea so maybe now I'll be skinny
It's time to cut the lights out at this home on the range
Hopefully Saturday morning I'll report that Cuero beat La Grange!

- Gobbla2001

Bandera YaYa
09-01-2004, 10:18 PM
..man, I think you missed your true calling!!

SintonFan
09-01-2004, 10:21 PM
I'm not so good at these things.
So what does your post mean?
When you said "gobbla2001" it left me expecting more...

Bandera YaYa
09-01-2004, 10:25 PM
....yes, I too, have expected more ..... to only be dissappointed...
(if I could use my "smiley faces", I would have a "rolling eyes" smiley face here)

SintonFan
09-01-2004, 10:26 PM
"big grin"

PPHSfan
09-01-2004, 10:32 PM
This is not a Limerick, but good advice.

I have worked hard for many years so that I could afford some of the nicer things in life, like eating and living indoors. But of all of the nice things that I have ever purchased with my untold wealth, the thing I treasure the most is my bed. I only wish that someone had told me when I was younger, how much of a difference a good bed can make in your entire life. Think about it, you spend alomost a third of your life there, it should be the most important thing you own, before the house and the car. Trust me when I say this. There is nothing in the world that can replace a good night's sleep, and there is no better way to get one, than on a fine bed.

SintonFan
09-01-2004, 10:35 PM
May I add to the end of that:
"and having a good wife"
No pun intended...

Ranger Mom
09-01-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
This is not a Limerick, but good advice.

I have worked hard for many years so that I could afford some of the nicer things in life, like eating and living indoors. But of all of the nice things that I have ever purchased with my untold wealth, the thing I treasure the most is my bed. I only wish that someone had told me when I was younger, how much of a difference a good bed can make in your entire life. Think about it, you spend alomost a third of your life there, it should be the most important thing you own, before the house and the car. Trust me when I say this. There is nothing in the world that can replace a good night's sleep, and there is no better way to get one, than on a fine bed.

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!http://kit.netpoets.net/standovation.gif

That's exactly why I went out and bought me of those "Select Comfort" beds!http://kit.netpoets.net/sleep.gif

SintonFan
09-01-2004, 10:46 PM
Don't those things cost something like three Grand?:eek:

Ranger Mom
09-01-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Don't those things cost something like three Grand?:eek:

Not unless they have gone up in the past 5 years.

We paid $1500.00 for ours. We got the middle of the line model. The only difference was that our controls don't have a digital display on them to see what your "comfort" level is.

I just inflate (or deflate) it til it feels comfortable.:D

Ranger Mom
09-01-2004, 10:52 PM
The above didn't come out sounding like I wanted it to...I had to go back and EDIT!!:doh:

SintonFan
09-01-2004, 11:01 PM
Thank GOD some of 'the kids' didn't read it. :D
I missed it period.
I asked because Conns has a generic version of it for $1000....
Oops! My bad!
I was thinking of "Tempur Pedic", the space-age foam bed.:o