PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M vs. Utah

KTJ
09-01-2004, 10:01 PM
Aggy thinks they will be improved and they just might be, you never know. Nonetheless, they will lose at Utah and fail to make another bowl game this season, putting Frantastic Fran on the hotseat in Collie Station.

Utah - 38
Texas A&M - 17

IHStangFan
09-02-2004, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Aggy thinks they will be improved and they just might be, you never know. Nonetheless, they will lose at Utah and fail to make another bowl game this season, putting Frantastic Fran on the hotseat in Collie Station.

Utah - 38
Texas A&M - 17 [whistle] i'm gonna have to throw my bullchit flag......10yrd penalty.......i'm saying A&M wins....they very well may NOT make a bowl game..but they do NOT loose to Utah......heres one for you......UT looses to OU...AGAIN.....its Brown who will be on the hotseat.

MtnAg
09-02-2004, 07:37 AM
I agree the defense will be much improved with the JUCO LB's that came in as well as the redshirt Freshman. The D-line will be tougher with Red and Bryant from Jasper. They should beat Utah.

hsfootballrules
09-02-2004, 07:51 AM
just to let you know red and bryant is the same player his name is red bryant...........the other kid from jasper name is jorrie adams.........probably the best ol prospect out of high school but a&m decided to make him a defensive end........pretty smart when your o-line is horrible

MtnAg
09-02-2004, 07:55 AM
for the correction. The Oline wasnt that bad lastyear. They had a 1000 yd rusher and a decent pass attack. The major problem was the defense where they gave up tons of yds and pts. So I would think if he is as good as you say then he is in the right place. Plus they did over haul the Oline also but the Dline was the worst of the 2.

fullhouse
09-02-2004, 08:00 AM
A&M will win.

And as if those coaches don't have enough on their minds, they took the time to call my house last night from their hotel room. :D
Too cool.

JasperDog94
09-02-2004, 08:55 AM
Man...two guys from Jasper playing (maybe starting) for A&M. Do I root for them? Sure, why not.:D

KTJ
09-02-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
[whistle] i'm gonna have to throw my bullchit flag......10yrd penalty.......i'm saying A&M wins....they very well may NOT make a bowl game..but they do NOT loose to Utah......heres one for you......UT looses to OU...AGAIN.....its Brown who will be on the hotseat.

I never said we wouldn't lose to OU. And if we did, Brown still would not be on the hot seat--too many big money boosters like him.

And yes, you're right--Aggy very well may beat Utah. But it won't be this year--not in Salt Lake City with Urban Meyer as the coach.

I could be wrong though...

PappaBear
09-02-2004, 09:38 AM
I think Red is a starter and on the leadership council as a redshirt freshman that’s pretty impressive. Jorie was listed as second on the depth chart a DE.

AggieJohn
09-02-2004, 10:12 AM
First of all....

A&M will BTHO Utah!

A&M won't get the recognition their program deserves now because they ended on a bad note last year. They are better than people predicted. Fran said in a news conference yesterday that he hasn't seen a team come out of camp this good in a while. They are clicking and rolling. Now UTAH is a good team, don't get me wrong, but a team ranked #19 and a team on the bubble to be ranked are about the same...i don't really know how you can rank when you've never seen the team play, your just baseing it on players who have been there before.

Oh and A&M has beaten OU in the last two years, Texas how have yall done?

AggieJohn
09-02-2004, 10:13 AM
oh and terrance murphy will be an all-american

MtnAg
09-02-2004, 10:19 AM
I think they will be much improved also.

Glad to see another AGGIE on here I was getting worried that all anyone cared about on this board was texas.

MtnAg class of 92

TMer25
09-02-2004, 10:23 AM
Has aggy beaten Texas in the last 2 years though?:)

AggieJohn
09-02-2004, 10:23 AM
explayer class of 2006 Ay-Ay-Ay-Whoop!

AggieJohn
09-02-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by TMer25

oh don't get critical
:hand: :rolleyes:

PPHSfan
09-02-2004, 10:29 AM
what was the a&m vs ou score last year?:p

AggieJohn
09-02-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
what was the a&m vs ou score last year?:p

i'm sorry all the sites won't let me access that number and this specific key on my keyboard, the number seven key won't punch...i don't know
hmm

MtnAg
09-02-2004, 10:37 AM
Yes we were not very good last year and Im not saying we are going to win a Big 12 Championship (which we did do in 1998 I think which texas hasnt done yet) but we are going to be much improved. Our D was horrible last year but they have gotten better with JUCO players as well as Red Shirt Freshmen. We might surprise a few teams before the season is done. So dont put us down to much It might comeback to bite ya.

TMer25
09-02-2004, 10:41 AM
I believe Texas was the first Big 12 champion, beating Nebraska 37-27 in the conference title game.

MtnAg
09-02-2004, 10:59 AM
You are right. Im not having a good day. I need to check my facts before hand I guess.

coiled2strike
09-02-2004, 11:19 AM
fighting texas aggie class of '00....WHOOP!!!
btho of utah, ay...WHOOP!!!

KL3
09-02-2004, 11:59 AM
"probably the best ol prospect out of high school but a&m decided to make him a defensive end........pretty smart when your o-line is horrible"

Please, if your gonna throw out statements like this, back it up with some facts. The reason Jorrie was moved to DE was because he reported at around 270 last fall. You don't see many 270 lb offensive tackles in the college game do you? In order to get him on the field as quick as possible, they moved him to DE, where he would be ideal size, and still be able to use his great athleticism.

As of this week, he was at 286 lbs. He'll play this year at DE, go through the offseason, gain another 15-20 lbs and probably get moved back to tackle, start for 3 years, and be a 1st round NFL draft choice.

As for the game tonight, if you would ask me who wins this game if it were played in the middle of the season, I would say A&M. But it is the first game of the year, A&M will have 14-15 freshmen playing (almost all redshirt fish) and there will be others like the JUCO guys that this will be there first big time college football action.

I gotta go with Utah right now. They have 17 starters returning from a team that went 10-2 last year, including the QB, who will be a top NFL draft pick. One NFL scout was quoted as saying this Utah team was the 2nd most talented team in the West, other than USC.

Now, I hope like hell the Ags surprise me, but right now i just don't see it happening. Utah 31 Texas A&M 27.

hsfootballrules
09-02-2004, 12:28 PM
When i said their offensive line wasnt that good that meant that Jorrie could help them tremendously........they are starting a true freshman at tackle tonight and jorrie is a back up defensive end......he was regarded as the best offensive linemen in the country and they moved him it makes no sense to me........especially since he would be starting on the o-line right know but he is a back up a defensive end

D. R. Hooks
09-02-2004, 12:37 PM
look for some reverses and double reverses with McNeal and Murphy....

The #2 QB will get PT if McNeal struggles

KL3
09-02-2004, 12:50 PM
HSfootballrules, did you read what i just posted? The thing is Jorrie COULDN'T have helped them tremendously last year. He was 267 lbs and no matter how talented you may be, you will not be successful at that weight in big time college football.

Also, we are not starting a true freshman at tackle tonight. We are starting JR. Jami Hightower and SR. Geoff Hangartner, not sure where you got that from.

Like you said, Jorrie was the #1 OL prospect in the country coming out of high school, which is why when he gets to atleast 310 lbs, he will be moved back there. The coaches felt he would see the field earlier in his career if he moved to DE rather than stay at tackle. He will play some tonight at TE, but would not be playing tonight if he was a tackle.

I hope you understand what I've just posted.

KL3
09-02-2004, 12:51 PM
D. R. Hooks, Coach Fran has already said that he would like Branyon to get some snaps tonight.

hsfootballrules
09-02-2004, 01:46 PM
Ok buddy if you look at the two deep chart this morning in the houston chronicle they have a true freshman at tackle Hangartner is playing guard..........I am pretty sure I can read a newspaper............saying that I saw a&m last year and I know Jorrie is under 300 lbs but I saw him play in high school........most of it in the army all american game and he played tackle........he was going against the top of the ladder and dominating..........I just dont understand when your d-line is actually pretty good WHEN HEALTHY why they would move him over there.......even if he dosent start he is the future of a&m offensive line.......but that is why a&m was 4 and whatever last year

KTJ
09-02-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by explayer2001
First of all....

A&M will BTHO Utah!

A&M won't get the recognition their program deserves now because they ended on a bad note last year. They are better than people predicted. Fran said in a news conference yesterday that he hasn't seen a team come out of camp this good in a while. They are clicking and rolling. Now UTAH is a good team, don't get me wrong, but a team ranked #19 and a team on the bubble to be ranked are about the same...i don't really know how you can rank when you've never seen the team play, your just baseing it on players who have been there before.

Oh and A&M has beaten OU in the last two years, Texas how have yall done?

Aggy's record against Blow-U and our record against Blow-U have nothing to do with this topic.

But yeah, you guys have beaten Blow-U in the last few years but 1.) What is your record against us those same 4 years and 2.) You guys being taken to the shed by Blow-U last year (ahem, 77-0) overpowers any win you had against them previously.

:D

AggieJohn
09-02-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by KL3
"probably the best ol prospect out of high school but a&m decided to make him a defensive end........pretty smart when your o-line is horrible"

Please, if your gonna throw out statements like this, back it up with some facts. The reason Jorrie was moved to DE was because he reported at around 270 last fall. You don't see many 270 lb offensive tackles in the college game do you? In order to get him on the field as quick as possible, they moved him to DE, where he would be ideal size, and still be able to use his great athleticism.

As of this week, he was at 286 lbs. He'll play this year at DE, go through the offseason, gain another 15-20 lbs and probably get moved back to tackle, start for 3 years, and be a 1st round NFL draft choice.

As for the game tonight, if you would ask me who wins this game if it were played in the middle of the season, I would say A&M. But it is the first game of the year, A&M will have 14-15 freshmen playing (almost all redshirt fish) and there will be others like the JUCO guys that this will be there first big time college football action.

I gotta go with Utah right now. They have 17 starters returning from a team that went 10-2 last year, including the QB, who will be a top NFL draft pick. One NFL scout was quoted as saying this Utah team was the 2nd most talented team in the West, other than USC.

Now, I hope like hell the Ags surprise me, but right now i just don't see it happening. Utah 31 Texas A&M 27.

they are 10-2 with a easy record last year, and one of those losses was to A&M!

AggieJohn
09-02-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by coiled2strike
fighting texas aggie class of '00....WHOOP!!!
btho of utah, ay...WHOOP!!! whoop dead

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-02-2004, 05:18 PM
I believe Texas was the first Big 12 champion, beating Nebraska 37-27 in the conference title game.

Not under Mack though.

Bandera YaYa
09-02-2004, 07:17 PM
Look for #67 on A & M....Colton Sells....played on our 2002 State Champ team...I hope he gets some playing time in...he walked on last year as a Freshman......he's a great young man!!
Go Colton!!!!!!!!

3afan
09-02-2004, 08:06 PM
oh and terrance murphy will be an all-american

sorry, but with that pathetic aggie offense there's no way an aggie reeiver will be an all-american

TMer25
09-02-2004, 08:11 PM
The post didn't say under Mack, just said Texas in general.

crabman
09-02-2004, 08:18 PM
At least A&M is finally on the board. Just saw the kid from Giddings on the kickoff team. #12. Keep your eye out for Cody Wallace of Cuero. #70 tackle. 6'-4" 301 lbs.

crabman

A&M Class of '82

Keith7
09-02-2004, 09:25 PM
Reggie McNeal is a great athlete, but not a great QB.. it looks like he is slow making reads, and is very innaccurate tonight..

put in Stephen McGee!

crabman
09-02-2004, 10:00 PM
It's official. A&M sucks. Again. There is no difference in the A&M athletes and Utah athletes. This one is all coaching. The offense of Utah is a breath of fresh air. The offense of A&M is, well, offensive.
Let's all hop on the fire Fran bus. No, we will give it until 7 games into the season. 41-14 right now.

sahen
09-02-2004, 10:44 PM
maybe a&m will get better as teh season wears on...they r still young mostly, though after that game i can say im shocked...im not an a&m fan and i didnt expect them to win but wow i didnt expect that blowout either....

3afan
09-03-2004, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
*..but they do NOT loose to Utah......*

:clap:

3afan
09-03-2004, 12:42 AM
A&M will BTHO Utah!*

:doh:

QuailKiller
09-03-2004, 06:05 AM
TEXAS TECH COULD HOLD THEM TO 41, BUT THEY COULD ATLEAST OUTSCORE THEM!

TELL ME TECH COULD NOT SCORE 50 ON THE UTES DEFENSE:thinking: AM I WRONG?

MtnAg
09-03-2004, 07:45 AM
on both sides of the ball. TAMU looked like death warmed over. We had know pass rush or pass protection. They better get it together before Clemson comes visiting next week.

I dont know if Mcneal will ever be the QB they were expecting him to be, do you think thats why they didnt redshirt the freshman that came in this past spring to learn the O.

Gig'em

JasperDog94
09-03-2004, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Utah - 38
Texas A&M - 17 WOW!!! I'm impressed. You almost got the spread also.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

WoodvilleFan
09-03-2004, 08:40 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by explayer2001
[B]First of all....

A&M will BTHO Utah!

NICE ONE !!!!

MtnAg
09-03-2004, 08:46 AM
99.9% of AGGIE Faithful allways believe we are gonna BTHO of our opponent. ITs called school spirit. We allways believe even in the rough times like now. We are not going to head south and change our allegiance during the bad times and show back up when things turn around. We are with our team through thick and thin. Thats A&M and thats why I love it.

Gig'em

Phil C
09-03-2004, 09:24 AM
38 - 17 is not that one sided! A few breaks could make a difference.

JasperDog94
09-03-2004, 09:36 AM
I think it's great the you support your team. You should. But most Aggies take it to the extreeme. You also need to be realistic. Do I want Texas to beat OU? Absolutely. Am I going around saying that Texas will BTHO OU? Absolutely not. I hope they do, but I'm also a realist. I'd be satisfied with a win.

QuailKiller
09-03-2004, 09:38 AM
SO WOULD GOV. BROWN.

JasperDog94
09-03-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
38 - 17 is not that one sided! A few breaks could make a difference. That's close to a blowout in my book. Granted it's not losing by 77, but it's still a solid whipping. And don't forget that a&m was down by 27 until the next to last play of the game.

KTJ
09-03-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by MtnAg
99.9% of AGGIE Faithful allways believe we are gonna BTHO of our opponent. ITs called school spirit. We allways believe even in the rough times like now. We are not going to head south and change our allegiance during the bad times and show back up when things turn around. We are with our team through thick and thin. Thats A&M and thats why I love it.

Gig'em

I call BS. 99.9% of the Aggy on TexAgs we're calling for Fran's head after the first quarter and a good 50% of them knew you guys were in trouble before the season started. :D

Panther Ross
09-03-2004, 10:07 AM

i give the aggies 6 games if they cant beat utah they cant beat clemson. Lee Corso promised the aggie fans that this is a rebuilding season for the aggies but next season at kyle field it is going down.

MtnAg
09-03-2004, 10:19 AM
I call BS. 99.9% of the Aggy on TexAgs we're calling for Fran's head after the first quarter and a good 50% of them knew you guys were in trouble before the season started.

You call it what you want, Im just telling how I feel. Yes I'm sure there are some out there calling for his head. But alot of us know that it just dosnt happen over night we have a ways to go and I will support them know matter what.

And as for being realistic jasperdog. ITs about pride and school spirit. Yes BTHO is a pretty bold statment and it wasnt lived up to lastnight. But does that mean that we cant. Anything can happen in CFB on any given night so why give up. YOu say be realistic I say its AGGIE PRIDE.

So be it! Thats how I feel.

Gig'em

true_blue_tiger
09-03-2004, 10:43 AM
The cool thing about being an Aggie is, no matter what the score is, an Aggie is always there to support his team. They do not leave when things go down hill. And the thing is, if the roles were reversed and your beloved longhorns were in our situation, would you be ragging them? probably not. what you feel for your team is what we feel for ours. BTHO WYOMING.

Oh, btw, how many Big XII championships has the longhorns won?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

coiled2strike
09-03-2004, 11:01 AM
i was the same way, until i went to texas a&m...i had heard all the talk from all sides and even spent a little time at 2 or 3 smaller universities b/4 coming here with my wife...
it goes back to the saying...
"from the outside looking in you can't understand it, and from the inside looking out, you can't explain it..."
having said that, i hope we get things worked out and put together a decent season...i don't think we are bowl bound, but i would like to be competive in the big 12...maybe not, but fran will have to do some recruiting...i think that's where we hurt the most...go ags and BTHO wyoming!!!

JasperDog94
09-03-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by true_blue_tiger

How many has a&m won?

MtnAg
09-03-2004, 11:17 AM
:) Just 1

Rattlermom
09-03-2004, 11:49 AM
Okay, I have just GOT to say it....

true_blue_tiger is absolutely right!!

In adddition than being a Rattler Mom, I am also and AGGIE MOM!! Aggies have a great pride about them. I wonder if they would skip out on accepting a 2ND PLACE TROPHY in football, or maybe baseball?? NO!!

GIG 'EM!!

JasperDog94
09-03-2004, 01:27 PM
Who is saying don't have pride in your school? All I'm saying is be realistic and don't think you're going to "beat the hell out of" every single team you play.:rolleyes:

AggieJohn
09-03-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by MtnAg
I call BS. 99.9% of the Aggy on TexAgs we're calling for Fran's head after the first quarter and a good 50% of them knew you guys were in trouble before the season started.

You call it what you want, Im just telling how I feel. Yes I'm sure there are some out there calling for his head. But alot of us know that it just dosnt happen over night we have a ways to go and I will support them know matter what.

And as for being realistic jasperdog. ITs about pride and school spirit. Yes BTHO is a pretty bold statment and it wasnt lived up to lastnight. But does that mean that we cant. Anything can happen in CFB on any given night so why give up. YOu say be realistic I say its AGGIE PRIDE.

So be it! Thats how I feel.

Gig'em WHOOP!

AggieJohn
09-03-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by true_blue_tiger
The cool thing about being an Aggie is, no matter what the score is, an Aggie is always there to support his team. They do not leave when things go down hill. And the thing is, if the roles were reversed and your beloved longhorns were in our situation, would you be ragging them? probably not. what you feel for your team is what we feel for ours. BTHO WYOMING.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

true blue, i give you JP's! WHOOP!

KTJ
09-03-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Rattlermom
Okay, I have just GOT to say it....

true_blue_tiger is absolutely right!!

In adddition than being a Rattler Mom, I am also and AGGIE MOM!! Aggies have a great pride about them. I wonder if they would skip out on accepting a 2ND PLACE TROPHY in football, or maybe baseball?? NO!!

GIG 'EM!!

No they wouldn't skip out because they would never have the chance to get one.

Buwahhhahahahahahah!!!!:D

And another thing, you guys are acting as if the "pride" exhibited at your school doesn't exist at others. And it also seems as if you're saying that you have NO BAD AGGY in the group, that that, kind sir, is NOT true. Aggy has fairweather and bandwagon fans just like every other DI school and when Aggy loses, they all come out of the woodwork--case in point, go to your TexAgs site right now.

I'm not dissing Aggy, I just get tired of the "holier than thou" attitude that they sometimes display. It gets old. (and yeah, I know we do it to.)

AggieJohn
09-03-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
No they wouldn't skip out because they would never have the chance to get one.

Buwahhhahahahahahah!!!!:D

And another thing, you guys are acting as if the "pride" exhibited at your school doesn't exist at others. And it also seems as if you're saying that you have NO BAD AGGY in the group, that that, kind sir, is NOT true. Aggy has fairweather and bandwagon fans just like every other DI school and when Aggy loses, they all come out of the woodwork--case in point, go to your TexAgs site right now.

I'm not dissing Aggy, I just get tired of the "holier than thou" attitude that they sometimes display. It gets old. (and yeah, I know we do it to.)

why must you persist in showing your ignorance and not even spelling aggie right....blah....i question your education at T.U., then again who doesn't question that school

JasperDog94
09-03-2004, 06:21 PM
i question your education at T.U., then again who doesn't question that school People that don't have dyslexia.:devil:

JasperDog94
09-03-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by coiled2strike
it goes back to the saying...
"from the outside looking in you can't understand it, and from the inside looking out, you can't explain it..." Yeah, that's also what they say about cults. From the outside looking in, you don't understand it. Once you're inside, you can't explain it to other people. Yep. Like a cult.:devil: :devil: :devil:

KTJ
09-03-2004, 07:53 PM
why must you persist in showing your ignorance and not even spelling aggie right....blah....i question your education at T.U., then again who doesn't question that school

Yup, who doesn't question a Tier I school. :rolleyes:

Dude, don't get your milkman overalls in a wad. I'm just having a little fun with you.:D The spelling of Aggy goes waaaaaaay back with the people who I post with on a Horn BBS. Both Horns and Red Raiders call them Aggy and Aggy has learned to accept it. And I'm assuming the reason people keep calling them Aggy is because we know it will get under their skin a la the stuff in blue up above.

Rattlermom
09-04-2004, 12:29 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by KTJ
[B]No they wouldn't skip out because they would never have the chance to get one.

I would rather them NOT get one than not show any character when they did.

OKAY enough, lets try to keep it a friendly rivalry. They BOTH (UT & A&M) are great schools to get an education. That's what matters most!