PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant Case Possiby Dismissed

jason
09-01-2004, 05:03 PM
Attorneys in the Kobe Bryant case hastily assembled behind closed doors in the courtroom Wednesday amid reports prosecutors will drop the rape charges against the NBA star. The prosecution will drop the case as early as Thursday, according to media outlets including MSNBC, ABC and Court TV, all citing unidentified sources.

~Yahoo News~

...from what im hearing all the judge has to do is sign off on it and then its official...

mwynn05
09-01-2004, 05:08 PM
thats good for kobe and kind of sucks at the same time

marlin fan
09-01-2004, 05:10 PM
we all know that ***** wanted it!!!!!!! things people would do for money!!!!!

JasperDog94
09-01-2004, 05:24 PM
Very intelligent post marlin fan...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

marlin fan
09-01-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Very intelligent post marlin fan...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: well its the truth!!!!

3afan2K3
09-01-2004, 05:37 PM
I wonder how much money she's getting?

espn1
09-01-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
we all know that ***** wanted it!!!!!!! things people would do for money!!!!!
Yeah! She be a HO! $:D $:D $:D $

TheDOCTORdre
09-01-2004, 06:04 PM
Lakers are real lucky if this would have went to trial and it went deep into the season the Lakers would be hurtin bad, who else do they have besides Kobe

3afan
09-01-2004, 06:21 PM
that would have been great (the lakers hurting ...)

Green Ranger
09-01-2004, 07:14 PM
OK, am I the only one here that stills sees this as bed regardless. Yes the charges were dropped, and regardless of the girls background, he still had relations with her. Kobe is/was a married man, I am sorry but that is sad that a superstar who is in the media spotlight so much gets off clean and the girl is the bad guy here. Yes she wanted some of his money and accused him or rape which is bad. These facts do not make Kobe a good person in my opinion. In todays world we are more worried about money than morals. Was she wrong yes, however so was Kobe! Just my thoughts and I was curious to see if anybody else saw it this way.

Green Ranger
09-01-2004, 07:16 PM
Sorry, sees ths as BAD regardless. No pun was intended.

JettJenkins04
09-01-2004, 08:26 PM
OK, am I the only one here that stills sees this as bed regardless. Yes the charges were dropped, and regardless of the girls background, he still had relations with her. Kobe is/was a married man, I am sorry but that is sad that a superstar who is in the media spotlight so much gets off clean and the girl is the bad guy here. Yes she wanted some of his money and accused him or rape which is bad. These facts do not make Kobe a good person in my opinion. In todays world we are more worried about money than morals. Was she wrong yes, however so was Kobe! Just my thoughts and I was curious to see if anybody else saw it this way.

You think that he is getting off clean. Kobe's reputation is hurting very bad. And as the girl goes she was legal so she brought that on her self. And it is up to his wife to decide if she wants to stay with him or not.

Phil C
09-02-2004, 10:35 AM
After hearing kobe's statements from his attorneys I am sure there was some deals made. His comments make bad for a large lawsuit settlement in that he admited that the woman may not have concented. No one in America will miss that. Kobe may have to pay a little money if it comes to a law suit or else pay to settle it out of court. It is all about money. His image has suffered. All that because he cheated on his beautiful wife. Strange indeed. I hope he has learned his lesson and other athletes will learn from it but I doubt it.

spiveyrat
09-02-2004, 10:50 AM
Isn't there a civil lawsuit still pending? I'm sure this will all be resolved before the start of b-ball season and will be the most expensive sex Kobe has ever had. :eek:

JasperDog94
09-02-2004, 11:26 AM
In his statement he basically admitted that she may not have consented. That's all I need to know.

kaorder1999
09-02-2004, 12:09 PM
yeah....he's admitted his guilt. Money can do anything for you while on this earth. That is so sad. I wont let it bother me though. Though he will get away with it now he WILL be held accountable for his sins.

LogieJoeBean001
09-02-2004, 03:29 PM
It really amazes me at how judgemental people can be. Out of all those condemning this girl, how many can actually and honestly say that they either have never had sex or have only had sex with one person in their entire lives? I doubt anyone. Don't be bashing this girl then about her past. Let's not throw stones. How can she be judged when not a single one of us, or anyone else, was in the room with them to know what actually took place. I'm no saint, by any stretch of the imagination. I always try and give the benefit of the doubt in a given situation though. However, I feel that Kobe Bryant really messed up. He obviously has admitted to an affair...CHEATING ON HIS WIFE... and now has gotten away with possibly even worse, rape, with very little inconvenience to himself. This bothers me because there are those sitting in prison right now for the same, or lesser crimes, but because they are not a "Superstar" with the big bucks, they find themselves locked away. There may even be those who really ARE innocent. (Al Roker on Court T.V. exposing the deplorable Houston Crime Lab) I do know that he may not have to answer for his deeds in this life, but he will eventually be held accountable. Kobe Bryant, even though a fine baseketball player, has lost my respect. His character is not "Superstar" caliber in my book.