PDA

View Full Version : Zapata @ Ingleside...

IHStangFan
09-01-2004, 11:56 AM
any predictions? last week Ingleside's O looked pretty tough..but their D was lacking a bit. i dont know a whole lot about Zapata this year other than they won last week 31-0...and it is said they too have an offensive machine. i predict this will be a high scoring contest w/ either team coming out on top.... but i'm gonna be bias and go w/ the home team ...GO INGLESIDE!

Doon
09-01-2004, 12:15 PM
Looking forward to see how Coach Hessletine revamped the Defense. Hope we can get a jump on them and play heads-up, tough D.

IHStangFan
09-01-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Doon
Looking forward to see how Coach Hessletine revamped the Defense. Hope we can get a jump on them and play heads-up, tough D. agreed! i am VERY impressed w/ what i see outa the new coach so far. really has the kids motivated! i am fairly confident he will get the D's quirks worked out quickly.

sinton66
09-01-2004, 12:21 PM
Graig is a fine young man. I'll predict good things for the Mustangs under his leadership. Good luck to the Mustangs.

IHStangFan
09-01-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Graig is a fine young man. I'll predict good things for the Mustangs under his leadership. Good luck to the Mustangs. he seems to be a motivator and i like that he has the Mustangs throwing the football.

P.S. is he related to the Hesseltines from Sinton?

Doon
09-01-2004, 12:44 PM
He is a very dynamic young man. He brought with him his attitude and pride that he developed while growing up in Sinton. We just need to have the same support as the folks up there have.

SintonFan
09-01-2004, 12:52 PM
I was happily suprised by Ingleside's offensive output. It looks like they have found some life there. I wish the best for you guys. Hopefully, Sinton will get some increased competition with you and AP looking pretty good this year. The last couple of years I have predicted that Ingleside would be the dark horse but the Mustangs burned me.:D
Zapata is one of the biggest schools in region four and has had success of late. If Ingleside is for real, this is the week we find out. Good luck Ingleside!:cool: :clap:

IHStangFan
09-01-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I was happily suprised by Ingleside's offensive output. It looks like they have found some life there. I wish the best for you guys. Hopefully, Sinton will get some increased competition with you and AP looking pretty good this year. The last couple of years I have predicted that Ingleside would be the dark horse but the Mustangs burned me.:D
Zapata is one of the biggest schools in region four and has had success of late. If Ingleside is for real, this is the week we find out. Good luck Ingleside!:cool: :clap: yeah, kinda sad about Ingleside the last few years...loaded w/ talent, but absolutely 0 coaching! Lamar Lewis wasnt much of a coach IMO. "run it up the middle" "do it again" "and again" :rolleyes: you are definately right ...i think if the Mustangs show good against Zapata, they are for real this year. just hope they can get that D worked out.

SintonFan
09-01-2004, 01:23 PM
I'll go on a limb and predict Ingleside by 7 with both teams scoring 24+.
Come on Ingleside! Don't burn me now.;)
I truly hope they are for real. The more quality teams in 30-3A only helps everyone come playoff time.:clap:

IHStangFan
09-01-2004, 01:31 PM
yeah...i predict a score-a-thon....24+ both teams agreed.

Phil C
09-01-2004, 01:46 PM
It should be a good game. Both teams gave Sinton a lot of trouble last year and should be good. Zapata had us 7 to 0 in the playoffs last year at the half but fortunately we were able to rally and pull out the win.

IHStangFan
09-01-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
It should be a good game. Both teams gave Sinton a lot of trouble last year and should be good. Zapata had us 7 to 0 in the playoffs last year at the half but fortunately we were able to rally and pull out the win. yup...if 30-3A continues to shape up like it is looking to......it will be a tough district! Zapata will be a test for Ingleside.

big daddy russ
09-01-2004, 02:07 PM
What's this about Ingleside hanging 50 on Bishop? I haven't been able to keep up lately, but are the Badgers in a down year?

IHStangFan
09-01-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
What's this about Ingleside hanging 50 on Bishop? I haven't been able to keep up lately, but are the Badgers in a down year? we'll find out this week when the Stangs go up against Zapata ....who...by all accounts is a decent team.

Doon
09-01-2004, 02:12 PM
What's this about Ingleside hanging 50 on Bishop? I haven't been able to keep up lately, but are the Badgers in a down year?

Russ,
Where you been, man? As a matter of fact 52, but, defense needs a little work. Hopefully getting that worked out this week and will give Zapata run for their money. Fast, spread offense works good with the kids we have.

big daddy russ
09-01-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
we'll find out this week when the Stangs go up against Zapata ....who...by all accounts is a decent team.

They'd better be. They've got damned near 800 kids. Good luck, 'Stangs... you'll need it against the Hawks.

Hey Doon, long time no see. I'm guessing your son is starting... can't wait to see him tear up AP :D :rolleyes: (I'll be down for that game). From what I remember seeing a couple years back the team this year should be quick as hell. Let me know anything you hear, guy. You're my eyes and ears down there.

Doon
09-01-2004, 02:42 PM
Russ,
Will keep you posted. Son and Randy Webb are primarily the workhorses in the spread. Have some good fast receivers to compliment the running. Should be an interesting season. Good new coach and very spirited. I like his style. Funny thing is he had to get the kids to come out of their shells, weren't encouraged to during last couple of years. Now they get fired up.

big daddy russ
09-01-2004, 04:10 PM
Doon, is that the same Randy Webb that used to be the QB for AP?

pirate4state
09-01-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
agreed! i am VERY impressed w/ what i see outa the new coach so far. really has the kids motivated! i am fairly confident he will get the D's quirks worked out quickly. Well, he is a Sinton graduate!! :D ;) Good Luck to Ingleside and welcome to the board.

IHStangFan
09-01-2004, 05:34 PM
Doon, is that the same Randy Webb that used to be the QB for AP? yes Russ, one in the same....

on a side note Russ.....do you happen to be the Russ that pilots the big luv macheen suburban and also have a brother at A&M? :cool: