PDA

View Full Version : Sinton has the roughest regular season schedule!

Phil C
08-31-2004, 01:46 PM
And I won't talk about the playoffs right now! We just had our hands full beating a hard hitting Taft team who is better than the score indicates plus the game was close for a while there. Now we have to face a top ranked 4A team in Gregory-Portand in Portland! That increases the risk. Next we fact the West Oso Bears at home and they are a consistently good playoff team. They had some new players and I know Cuero beat them bad but by the time we play them they will have experience and be dangerous.
Then we have to play another outstanding 4A school who has a great coach from Mathis. This makes it more dangerous.
Then of course we have to face the ranked Cuero in Cuero! :(
Then we play the mighty Orange Grove Bulldogs a terror of a playoff team and in Orange Grove! Two weeks on the road!
Then we start the district with a rough game against Goliad who has had success in our district in the past. What a tough beginning in district.
Then we play Aransas Pass in Aransas Pass which is a chore because they have a great coach and they beat a good San Diego team this past weekend.
Then we play Mathis who is always formidable. Remember they were State runnerups in Division 2 just a few years ago and are good playoff teams.
Then we have to go to Ingleside who now has a new dynamic coach so it doesn't get easier and Ingleside is a growing community and this will be a tough load.

Yes a tough future load to face this year for Sinton. Probably the toughest in the state.

And wait till I have to tell you about the playoffs!! :(

(Of course that is if we are fortunate enough to make it after that killer schedule).

WOS92
08-31-2004, 06:34 PM
Maybe the toughest all-around, but I'd say we have the toughest non-district:
Jasper
4A Nederland (Just beat Texas City 37-7)
4A Bay City (Top 5 team, Just beat LaMarque)
Newton
4A Central (playoffs last two years)

Gobbla2001
08-31-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by WOS92
Maybe the toughest all-around, but I'd say we have the toughest non-district:
Jasper
4A Nederland (Just beat Texas City 37-7)
4A Bay City (Top 5 team, Just beat LaMarque)
Newton
4A Central (playoffs last two years)

Both are very tough schedules, a toss-up in my opinion...

Nederland has been doing very well the last few years and Bay City is always tough, and of course Jasper...

Who is Central? Is that in Beaumont?

SintonFan_inAustin
08-31-2004, 07:36 PM
PHIL just say we have some good tough games ahead, but dont say its the toughest, because its not. Now if we had played Calallen then GP and Cuero then it would be one of the toughest.

Phil C
09-01-2004, 09:58 AM
And I forgot to mention that we have Mathis in our district who just beat an outstanding 2A team in Odem 19 - 13. That increases the risk. We may not play Calallen but we play Beeville who is also an outstanding 4A school with a new dynamic coach which makes ours the toughest.

coiled2strike
09-01-2004, 10:01 AM
yes, central is bmt central...jaguars i believe

SintonFan
09-01-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
PHIL just say we have some good tough games ahead, but dont say its the toughest, because its not. Now if we had played Calallen then GP and Cuero then it would be one of the toughest.
I agree! IF Calallen was thrown in the preseason mix then Sinton might have a claim to toughest schedule before district, but otherwise it's just a tough schedule.
You really can't blame Phil C though. It's just one of his ways of showing Sinton pride.

Phil C
09-01-2004, 01:42 PM
We do have Beeville which may not be Calallen but they are still a tough 4A school! Remember they have beat G-P in the past and will be tough. Maybe not as tough as Calallen but still very close.

SintonFan
09-01-2004, 01:46 PM
Forgive me Godfather, I have sinned.:D
I forgot about Beeville. Coach Soza will have them ready. I still don't think it's the toughest schedule... ;)

3afan
09-01-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
And I won't talk about the playoffs right now! We just had our hands full beating a hard hitting Taft team who is better than the score indicates plus the game was close for a while there. Now we have to face a top ranked 4A team in Gregory-Portand in Portland! That increases the risk. Next we fact the West Oso Bears at home and they are a consistently good playoff team. They had some new players and I know Cuero beat them bad but by the time we play them they will have experience and be dangerous.
Then we have to play another outstanding 4A school who has a great coach from Mathis. This makes it more dangerous.
Then of course we have to face the ranked Cuero in Cuero! :(
Then we play the mighty Orange Grove Bulldogs a terror of a playoff team and in Orange Grove! Two weeks on the road!
Then we start the district with a rough game against Goliad who has had success in our district in the past. What a tough beginning in district.
Then we play Aransas Pass in Aransas Pass which is a chore because they have a great coach and they beat a good San Diego team this past weekend.
Then we play Mathis who is always formidable. Remember they were State runnerups in Division 2 just a few years ago and are good playoff teams.
Then we have to go to Ingleside who now has a new dynamic coach so it doesn't get easier and Ingleside is a growing community and this will be a tough load.

Yes a tough future load to face this year for Sinton. Probably the toughest in the state.

And wait till I have to tell you about the playoffs!! :(

(Of course that is if we are fortunate enough to make it after that killer schedule).

adjective overload !!!!!!! geez, anyone can make their schedule sound tough if you take the time to type it in and apply enuf words. yes, Sinton has a tough schedule, but I think you're reaching on some of these. first off, Taft has 10 wins combined the past 4 years - not exactly a juggernaut. and Goliad has 13 wins the past 4 years - look out. Mathis has been average the past 2 years (6-4, 6-5) - just cause they were good 3-4 years ago - that don't count. Ingleside? 12 wins the past 4 seasons. but like I said, overall its pretty tough, but I doubt its near the toughest 3A schedule in texas.

IHStangFan
09-01-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
adjective overload !!!!!!! geez, anyone can make their schedule sound tough if you take the time to type it in and apply enuf words. yes, Sinton has a tough schedule, but I think you're reaching on some of these. first off, Taft has 10 wins combined the past 4 years - not exactly a juggernaut. and Goliad has 13 wins the past 4 years - look out. Mathis has been average the past 2 years (6-4, 6-5) - just cause they were good 3-4 years ago - that don't count. Ingleside? 12 wins the past 4 seasons. but like I said, overall its pretty tough, but I doubt its near the toughest 3A schedule in texas. valid point, but i also think you will see a diff. in dist. 30-3A this year.

Phil C
09-01-2004, 02:41 PM
And don't forget when Sinton plays Taft the records mean nothing. Goliad will be back tough - remember the old saying "Remember Goliad!." Mathis was a tough playoff contender last year they just happened to play a top team early. Yes this has to be the roughest schedule of the year.

3afan
09-01-2004, 02:44 PM
sigh ................

SintonFan
09-01-2004, 06:01 PM
sigh ................
After reading Phil's topic again, he did say "roughest". That's open to alot of interpretive thoughts. "Roughest" IMHO is more accurate than "toughest".;)
I think I'm getting what Phil is actually saying.

3afan
09-01-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
After reading Phil's topic again, he did say "roughest". That's open to alot of interpretive thoughts. "Roughest" IMHO is more accurate than "toughest".;)
I think I'm getting what Phil is actually saying.

i love his passion ..... i bet he's a trip at games

SintonFan
09-01-2004, 06:45 PM
i love his passion ..... i bet he's a trip at games
LOL

PhiI C
09-05-2004, 10:57 PM
Sinton has the toughest and roughest schedule.