PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Jesuit 28 Coppell 17

BullFrog Dad
08-31-2004, 07:31 AM
Hmmm...

JasperDog94
08-31-2004, 08:49 AM
Just wait untill they've had a few years to recruit in 5A. I don't want to get into it, but that just ticks me off.:mad: :mad: :mad: They have NO business playing football in 5A.

BullFrog Dad
08-31-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Just wait untill they've had a few years to recruit in 5A. I don't want to get into it, but that just ticks me off.:mad: :mad: :mad: They have NO business playing football in 5A. JasperDog94, I'm with ya'. Over here in LW we've lost a D1 tailback and an All-State caliber softball pitcher to private schools the last two years. Also with the Dallas Jesuit/Houston Strake Jesuit decision the face of UIL athletics will change drastically within twenty years.

JasperDog94
08-31-2004, 09:18 AM
I don't think it will take 20 years to make a difference. I'd say more like 8-10.

JasperDog94
08-31-2004, 09:19 AM
They had the UIL director on High School Scoreboard Friday night and he was all smiles when talking about the private schools participating in UIL. Does he not realize what he's doing? He's messing up one of the best things going in all of sports. Just look at Louisiana.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Chief Woodman
08-31-2004, 12:31 PM
This is nothing new except they can openly recruit. Many sucessful teams in UIL have been that way because of recruiting. The answer to the problem is just remove the proibition against recruiting so that what is already going on can stop being a source of problems.

Titans
08-31-2004, 01:01 PM
I can understand all your worries. I mean, since 99% of all Blue Chip Recruits in Texas are private school players, there is a major concern that public schools will be left without high school football and that just private schools will be allowed to play.

Jesuit beating Coppell is just the beginning. Before you know it, every HS All-American will attend Dallas Jesuit. There won't be any players left because Jesuit will destroy every team, thus injuring all players and placing them in the hospital.

The likes of Southlake-Carroll, Ennis, Katy, Converse-Judson don't stand a chance.

Perhaps we should stop playing all sports because Jesuit is going to take over the sporting world as we know it??????

A little of the top, sure, but that's exactly what you guys sound like.

JasperDog94
08-31-2004, 01:14 PM
So I should just sit back and keep my mouth shut when another school is allowed to recruit and my school is not? I don't think so.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Titans
08-31-2004, 01:18 PM
Your school recruits, I guarantee it.

Not openly, but they do recruit.

Phil C
08-31-2004, 01:32 PM
Maybe so Titan but I am sure it is within the accepted rules and ethics.

JasperDog94
08-31-2004, 01:35 PM
How much do you know about Jasper? Obviously not very much or else you would know that there's nowhere to recruit from.

Two words: PROVE IT!

BullFrog Dad
08-31-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Titans

Not openly, but they do recruit. I totally agree. However now that DJ and HSJ have been allowed into the UIL look for an influx of private schools to follow for the bigger gates that TAPPS can't produce. Now then consider what they recruit with. A private school education that beats what you can get in public school. That allows the kids to be accepted into better colleges which leads to higher paying jobs down the road. And that's what private school recruiters sell to Mom,Dad,and the kid. The 2020 Texas UIL 3A Div.I State Football Champion-Beatemall Academy!!!

JasperDog94
09-01-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Titans

Not openly, but they do recruit. Still waiting for my proof. You made an accusation. Now prove it.