PDA

View Full Version : Lake Dallas

CRHSeagle
08-30-2004, 08:28 PM
Can anyone tell me anything about the Falcons?

Keith7
08-30-2004, 09:38 PM
thats where i went to elementry school

CHS_DT#75
08-30-2004, 09:45 PM
i think he means in the high school varsity football sense... but hey i could be wrong

Keith7
08-30-2004, 10:10 PM
They were always a very athletic school when they were in our district, with alot of size..

they never seemed to put it all together though..

PPHSfan
08-30-2004, 11:31 PM
They have a really nice field.

KTJ
08-31-2004, 12:19 AM
They were pretty good in 1999 and 2000. That's when Dusty Dvorcek (who now plays for Mobilhoma) was on their team. Other than that, LD has always been mediocre.

Now they are experiencing growing pains within the district. So many kids moving in they have no idea what to do. This kinda puts a hamper on ther team, as they haven't been very good lately. And moving up to 4A, which they will stay for, I'm predicting, a short period of time before they go 5A, didn't help them at all.

BullFrog Dad
08-31-2004, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
They were always a very athletic school when they were in our district, with alot of size..

they never seemed to put it all together though.. Keith7, That about sums it up. They were in LW's district till this year. What I remember most about LD was playing them in the 60's/70's at Aledo. They were the high school of the Von Erich(Addkisson) wrestling family. One night we tried to get Fritz's autograph and I thought he was going to put the "Iron Claw" on us. Very grumpy!

Matthew328
08-31-2004, 07:53 AM
Lake Dallas was a borderline playoff team in 3A and now they are 4A.....BUT they return all their skill kids from last year...so I expect them to be better overall than last year even though their record may not indicate it..I see em beating Castleberry on Friday...and yes they have a very nice new stadium

PPHSfan
08-31-2004, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
Keith7, That about sums it up. They were in LW's district till this year. What I remember most about LD was playing them in the 60's/70's at Aledo. They were the high school of the Von Erich(Addkisson) wrestling family. One night we tried to get Fritz's autograph and I thought he was going to put the "Iron Claw" on us. Very grumpy!

Are any of those guys still alive? I saw Kerry at the grocery store back in 93 the day before he killed himself. Seems like he was the third or fourth one to commit suicide. I heard that Fritz died of cancer a while back. That family sure did seem to have some tough luck.

BullFrog Dad
08-31-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Are any of those guys still alive? I saw Kerry at the grocery store back in 93 the day before he killed himself. Seems like he was the third or fourth one to commit suicide. I heard that Fritz died of cancer a while back. That family sure did seem to have some tough luck. The family first suffered tragedy in 1959 when the oldest son, Jack Jr. was accidentally
electrocuted on the family's farm. Twenty five
years later, tragedy struck again when David
died of an infection while in Japan on a
wrestling tour. Three years later, after being
forced to walk away from the sport after an almost fatal bout with toxic shock syndrome, Michael took his own life, overdosing on tranquilizers. Distraught over his brothers deaths and his inability to excel as a wrestler, Chris shot himself and died in 1991. After losing a foot in a 1986 motorcycle accident, Kerry found himself addicted to painkillers. Despite his continuing success as the family star, the pain proved more than he could cope with. A year after pleading no contest to forging a prescription for painkillers, and days after being indicted for drug possession, Kerry took his own life with a self-inflicted gunshot to the chest. Kevin Von Erich is now the only living son from the famed family and carries the burden of his brothers dreams and expectations with him.