PDA

View Full Version : PI and Rice.........non-football question

underware
12-02-2003, 11:26 AM
Both teams did a great job this year! Good luck this weekend. QUESTION: I think Rice CISD includes Eagle Lake? I know it also includes the surrounding communities. Please correct me if I'm wrong? And I know where PI is. Where does everyone work? Do people from PI work over in Padre Island? Or maybe in the surrounding cities? I travel to the Valley a few times a year. Love it down there. As for Rice? Well? Not much out there in Altair. I think they're building something out there? It's on my way to Houston. Thanks for any info. I'm just nosey.

footballgal
12-02-2003, 12:08 PM
The town of 5000 people is mainly tourism and shrimping community, people work on South Padre Island right across the Queen Isabella Bridge or travel to Brownsville or other parts of the valley to work. It’s a nice small town to live in, except during the summer and spring break it’s hard to get through the traffic due to people going across the bridge to South Padre Island. Since currently is the only way to the island. Unless they do build the 2nd bridge it will alleviate alot of that traffic.

<small>[ December 02, 2003, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

underware
12-02-2003, 12:33 PM
Thanks footballgal for the information. I figured a lot of people work on the island. But since it's seasonal, it can be difficult. I have been in PI a few times in my travels. Really nice community. And good luck this weekend. It'd be nice to have a "Valley" team represent Region IV. And just think, this is coming from a guy in Yoakum.

raiderchick
12-02-2003, 04:51 PM
Rice CISD does include Eagle Lake,Garwood, and Sheridan..like the other little towns Nada, Rock Island, Altair(of course..lol)

LETS GO RAIDERS!!!

raiderchick
12-02-2003, 04:51 PM
ttt

underware
12-02-2003, 05:09 PM
Thanks RaiderChick!! I forgot about Garwood and Sheridan. I go to the waterpark every so often. My Cousin married to my girlfriend in Rock Island. ( I really don't want to talk about it. Therapy has been helping. ) That is a large and/or wide area of students. Well? Good luck to your team also. Have a safe trip.

raiderchick
12-02-2003, 05:13 PM
No Prob! Thanks. Yeah alot of people go there it used to be fun but its not really anymore cause i go there like everyday!
Go Raiders!