PDA

View Full Version : Games of Intrest

Matthew328
08-30-2004, 01:12 PM
Some games I posted on the 4A site..

Midland Greenwood (0-0) vs Abilene Wylie (1-0)
Good old fashioned West Texas matchup here...gotta take the Bulldogs in this one...Wylie by 14

Decatur (1-0) vs FW Dunbar (0-0)
Good test for Decatur here...Dunbar has the athletes to cover the Decatur WR's 1 on 1...and they have the type of ground game that gives Decatur fits....they scrimmaged 5A power Arlington Lamar tough..that being said I think Decatur will pull it out in the end...Decatur by 11 too much balance..

Burnet (1-0) at Liberty Hill (1-0)
Should be a great matchup of former district foes...Burnet looks to be more balanced this year and was impressive in Week 0 in their win over Taylor...LH and their power running game looks to be stong again....in the end I think Burnet continues thier dominance over LH...Burnet by 17

Carthage (0-1) vs Palestine (1-0)
Carthage lost a heartbreaker to Henderson last week...and Palestine rolled over Whitehouse...this could be Palestine's chance to prove me wrong...or can Carthage get back on track....Carthage by 10

Marlin (1-0) vs Waco University (0-0)
Marlin rolled past LaVega last week....but University provides a big challenge....I think too big of a challenge..University by 14

westTXbest
08-30-2004, 01:29 PM
I think the Wylie/Greenwood game will be closer. Just what i think!

Black_Magic
08-30-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by westTXbest
I think the Wylie/Greenwood game will be closer. Just what i think! I have to agree with west TX best.Wylie I believe is a little weaker than people think. Im going to call this a toss up.

venomous tat2
08-30-2004, 02:52 PM
I gotta go with mariln vs waco univ i saw them scrimmage connally sat 8-21-04 @w.i.s.d. staduim and they had their hands full marlins defense is to me a lot quicker than connallys and connallys defense ain't by no means slow they swarm pretty good.

fmsc64
08-31-2004, 11:59 AM
:rolleyes: Yes those mighty, fighting BULLDOGS from Marlin rolled over LaVega and we may have a bigger fight this Friday night with Waco University, but we will give it all we have and may the best Dog win! I seem to remember some of you who said we would never make it as far as we did last year? We may have lost lots of talent, but we still have lots this year and as one of the Bulldogs biggest fans I thought this years team played better as a team last Saturday night working as one team!
Good luck Bulldogs, you can do it one more time! Show everyone what you are made of!
" If you can't run with the big Dogs, then stay on the porch!"

coiled2strike
08-31-2004, 12:06 PM
yes, waco university will be a good challenge for marlin...we'll look for fmsc64 to keep us updated on that game...

theyoefnshow
08-31-2004, 02:09 PM
Not alot of credit but I say Bellville and Cameron. Both teams have alot going. Bellville has to see if they can bounce back and Cameron is out to prove last week was no fluke win plus they have back to back losses to Bellville so a win would be that much sweeter.

Sandman
08-31-2004, 02:48 PM
I will be at the Palestine-Carthage game, I am also interested to see how both teams react. Against Whitehouse, Palestine could have had two more touchdowns, receivers dropped sure touchdown passes that led to two missed FG's, (plenty of leg, both wide right). Defense looked good, although it was against an offense that was running a brand new scheme under a new head coach. Palestine's achillies heel last year was pass defense, Palestine was in the QB's face all game and only allowed 133 yards passing (86 of which were on the touchdown pass) and against the run they only allowed 3 yards rushing on 23 carries. Hearing about the Henderson-Carthage game, the Bulldogs are a run first, throw second type of team. And it sounded like the defense was having a problem giving up the big play. My heart says Palestine, my head says its too close to call.