PDA

View Full Version : Wylie vs Greenwood

football_fanatic
08-30-2004, 10:47 AM
Should be a great game..... any predictions?

vet93
08-30-2004, 12:06 PM
Have to go with Wylie in this game because they looked pretty good in their first game and because Greenwood is still trying to get the quarterback situation worked out. I still think the Rangers will be hard to handle this year toward once they get back on track and get some of the youngsters up to varsity speed.

westTXbest
08-30-2004, 12:35 PM
I think this would be a better game if Greenwood had a decent Qb. The starter that got hurt about 2 weeks ago was dang good and he is out for the season, i wasnt to worried about anyone on the schedule this year but now its a different story. But the defense and the line and running backs we got are very good, i think u got to pass the ball a little to win a ball game.

westTXbest
08-30-2004, 12:41 PM
I think Greenwood will give Wylie a better game than Laveview did, i wasnt to impressed with them. I just cant believe how many kids wylie has on there side line and they are all juniors and seniors, they had 70 kids on the sideline at the lakeview game.

Ranger Mom
08-30-2004, 12:46 PM
I just hope we get in and out of the game with no more injuries!!

GWOOD
08-30-2004, 01:36 PM
This should be a very tough game for Greenwood. We have a lot of new starters, even before the loss of our QB. Wylie is where we were a year ago--had a great run in the playoffs the year before and now have lots of kids returning in key positions. I think we were going to struggle early on with our tough non-district schedule regardless (Abilene Wylie, Sweetwater, Snyder, Andrews).

For Greenwood, this is going to be one of those seasons where you can really say that wins and losses are not that big in the non-district schedule. The important thing this year is to use these first 5 games to solidify positions, discover our strengths and develop our offensive scheme around them, and to get physically and mentally tough for district. Then, grab one of those playoff spots and see what happens!

Going 15-1 and 9-3 the last two years with a run of six straight playoff appearances has created high expectations in Greenwood. I hope the fans are patient with this group of kids if we do not get off to a fast start!

And, yes, a minimal amount of injuries would especially be helpful this year!!!!

fugitivemustang
08-30-2004, 02:14 PM
i'm hoping midland greenwood will come out on top i don't think that wylie is everthing i think greenwood can come in this game and just hammer into them and not let and come away with a victory and yes lets hope theirs no more injurys

Ranger Mom
08-30-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
I hope the fans are patient with this group of kids if we do not get off to a fast start!

LOL!! You know me....I am more patient with the players than I am the fans!!:D

wildstangs
08-30-2004, 10:15 PM
I think Wylie will win this one pretty easily. Greenwood is still trying to get the right people in the right spots. I still think Greenwood will improve as time goes on, and will compete for the district title.

Black_Magic
08-31-2004, 08:10 AM
Im gona say this is a toss up. I think Greenwood is better than people think and I dont think wylie is as strong as people think. Its a toss up to me.

Green Ranger
08-31-2004, 10:59 AM
I have not seen the Rangers for some time, but the Play-off runs they have made the past several years was due to Heart not size. However with the current QB situation, I think the Rangers would do well to keep this game respectful and come out of it with as few bumps and bruises as possible. Looking at their schedule:

Class 3A
Greenwood
Date Opponent Time
Sept. 3 at Abilene Wylie 7:30 p.m.
Sept. 10 vs. Sweetwater 7:30 p.m.
Sept. 17 at Snyder 7:30 p.m.
Sept. 24 at Andrews 7:30 p.m.
Oct. 1 vs. Ballinger 7:30 p.m.
Oct. 8 vs *Seminole 7:30 p.m.
Oct. 15 at* Fort Stockton 7:30 p.m.
Oct. 22 vs. *Pecos 7:30 p.m.
Oct. 29 at *Lamesa 7:30 p.m.
Nov. 5 vs. *Monahans 7:30 p.m.

There is no breathing room. Sweetwater has a score to settle as the Rangers ended their home winning streak last year. Next two games on the road in tough places then finish up with Ballinger before district. If they can get through without to many more injuries I think the Rangers will compete for the play-offs. I was hoping to get to Abilene Wednesday but doesnt look like I can, best of luck guys.

Titans
08-31-2004, 11:06 AM
Since you are talking Abilene Wylie, the best team in Texas NEVER to win a State Championship, I'm going to say that they start their choking process early this year and lose....

27-7

Actually, this is a fantastic match-up, very similar to Kemp vs. Eustace. Both are toss-ups!

Give me winners, not whiners!

westTXbest
08-31-2004, 04:32 PM
Maybe Lake View just stunk and Greenwood can give them more comp. and a little more hard nose football.

Ranger Mom
08-31-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by westTXbest
Maybe Lake View just stunk and Greenwood can give them more comp. and a little more hard nose football.

There is always hope!!

Wtx_coach
08-31-2004, 06:54 PM
Well guys I really think Wylie will win easily against Greenwood, for 2 reasons- Wylie is already one game ahead of greenwood and has already had the first game jitters- and second Greenwood is going into the game with a unproven QB and young kids against a damm good football team, I will take wylie by atleast 14!!!

TheDOCTORdre
08-31-2004, 08:57 PM
Well i gotta go w/ Wylie to win this one but not by much. In fact I see Greenwood comin out strong in the first half and givin Wylie a scare but in the end the Bulldogs will pull it off in a thriller Bulldogs by 5

Stangster
08-31-2004, 10:32 PM
Don't ever make the mistake of counting Greenwood out!

Johnny Moxen
09-02-2004, 10:15 AM
Wylie wins this one. Greenwood brings a lot of tradition and athletes that can play. But as previously stated, Wylie's in a "prime" position with the depth and experience we have. I hope for a good game with no injuries for either team.

lobo12
09-02-2004, 02:16 PM
im gonna have to go with wst tx coach. wylie to me looked good against lakeview. they dont have a lot of size but they are quick and good on defense. lakeview was not a bad team they just made some mistakes mainly not scoring on the 1 when they had four downs right before half. but anyway with greenwoods qb situation, knowing what they lost and watching wylie play i am gonna have to say wylie by 21. I could be wrong though and i hope greenwood surprised me!!! go rangers