PDA

View Full Version : Statistically. . . .

District303aPastPlayer
10-04-2002, 09:34 AM
I am having a debate with a co-worker. Statistically, who would be favored in a La Vernia-Sinton match up. I say Sinton would run away with it by at least 17 points. Anyone else have opinions?

Donkey41
10-04-2002, 02:01 PM
District303aPastPlayer:
I am having a debate with a co-worker. Statistically, who would be favored in a La Vernia-Sinton match up. I say Sinton would run away with it by at least 17 points. Anyone else have opinions?Although I don't share your enthusiam I do have to agree that Sinton/La Vernia would be a great matchup defensivly. I think Sinton would have the edge at this point; but after the next couple of weeks and shaping up in the first couple of rounds in the playoffs I think If and when we play you we would have a ligitamate chance to win. Our defense is one of the best pass defenses in the state averaging like 34 passyrds a game maybe less. And allowing 5.3 points per game. But yes I would like to see the matchup and I think it will happen in the playoffs.

SintonFan
10-04-2002, 02:14 PM
La Vernia looks to be pretty good this year at 4-0. They have creamed Hondo(1-3) 41-0 , beat a good Midland Christian(1-3???) 21-17, whupped up on Wimberley(2-2) 28-6 and crushed Jourdanton(1-4) 38-0. I would say strength of schedule favors Sinton a bit. Two of the teams La Vernia faced are none too shabby in MC and Wimberley. Hypothetically speaking, Sinton should win by 10 or more. Lets see how La Vernia (and their secondary) will do against Somerset as this 'might' be their only contest in their district. 26-3A doesn't look like a very strong district this year. I will say this... I respect La Vernia, they have recently been very good.

<small>[ October 04, 2002, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

Donkey41
10-04-2002, 11:46 PM
SintonFan:
La Vernia looks to be pretty good this year at 4-0. They have creamed Hondo(1-3) 41-0 , beat a good Midland Christian(1-3???) 21-17, whupped up on Wimberley(2-2) 28-6 and crushed Jourdanton(1-4) 38-0. I would say strength of schedule favors Sinton a bit. Two of the teams La Vernia faced are none too shabby in MC and Wimberley. Hypothetically speaking, Sinton should win by 10 or more. Lets see how La Vernia (and their secondary) will do against Somerset as this 'might' be their only contest in their district. 26-3A doesn't look like a very strong district this year. I will say this... I respect La Vernia, they have recently been very good.Thanks for the credit I also respect Sinton and Alaniz. 10 sounds good but I don't think Sinton would run away with the game. I do think we will take Somerset by at least 21, because they are a pass team and we have one of the best pass defenses in the state you can't argue with 40 yrds a game maybe a little more after tonight's win against Poteet but it's still one of the best. Hope we do meet you in the playoffs and we're looking forward to it!!

SintonFan
10-05-2002, 12:10 AM
hit the wrong button

<small>[ October 05, 2002, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

SintonFan
10-05-2002, 12:13 AM
SintonFan:
Thanks for your respect of Sinton. Obviously, yall have a great pass defense(and total defense). I don't knock it. My 10+ means not a "runaway" score. I try to give credit where it is due. Yall deserve it. My home town of Sinton will get credit from me. Cuero just beat undefeated Edna tonight. Ennis just lost to Marlin. I've heard the word 'parity' thrown around the last few weeks. 'Parity' is justified. I hope my Pirates don't qualify in the category of parity. As a true fan, I have to consider it. Those boys (of my hometown) will play their heart's out and that's enough for me. Good luck to you.
just my opinion...

<small>[ October 05, 2002, 12:15 AM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

sinton66
10-05-2002, 12:26 AM
If I understand the way Data Poll works, they would pick Sinton by +6.3 at this time. That could stretch to 10 without much discomfort.

Donkey41
10-05-2002, 10:06 AM
In order to beat La Vernia you have to have an awsome running team. Our pass defense is incredible giving up just 19.2 yrds. per game. I don't think that Alaniz can pass for over 100 against us. Our corners are too good and too fast to be beat like that. However our run defense is not one of good mention. We give anywhere between 150 to 200 yrds each game. So if Sinton thinks that they can just beat us by passing they need to check again.

sinton66
10-05-2002, 10:34 AM
Sinton could manage to do a little running the ball, you might be confusing us with a strictly passing team. Alaniz passes when they want him to, not because he has to.

Donkey41
10-05-2002, 12:21 PM
sinton66:
Sinton could manage to do a little running the ball, you might be confusing us with a strictly passing team. Alaniz passes when they want him to, not because he has to.Ok I was just hearing from this board that Sinton passes alot. Thanks for letting me no that you're an evenly balanced team. I haven't seen you play yet but I might come watch a game during our bye week.