PDA

View Full Version : Jasper vs. PN-G

Bulldog92
08-29-2004, 08:25 PM
Any thoughts or predictions? I know absolutely nothing about the Indians other than they are historically tough on us. It should be a good game, though....

Backwoods
08-29-2004, 08:38 PM
Jasper is going to have to hang on to the ball this week.:eek: I don't think PNG is going to give them a win like last years. :confused:

Bulldog92
08-29-2004, 08:54 PM
PNG blew Jasper out last year. I think it was 38-18 or something close to that. :thinking:

Backwoods
08-29-2004, 09:21 PM
Yes, but if I remember right, then they had to forfeit the game to Jasper. Or was that the game 2 years ago? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.:D

GS#17
08-29-2004, 09:25 PM
There are some question marks with PNG now. They lost their starting QB last week to injury and a starting RB just a few weeks ago. They still have a good running game with Cook and Villafano, but I don't know how they'll fare without their starting QB (especially if they're forced to pass). Defensively, they're pretty good -- they've got a good amount of returners from last year's squad, and, I truly believe, they are going to have one of the best defenses in 20-4A this year. That's not saying they're playing to their potential now, but I think they'll play fundamentally sound and will be tough to move the ball against.

When all is said and done, though, it's still PNG. They'll have a gazillion fans at the game and they'll play lights-out football for four quarters. It should be a heck of a game -- best of luck!

Gasilla
08-29-2004, 09:49 PM
They also lost their O-line from last year and from yesterdays game, do not seem like they will be as prolific on offense.

J-town Hustler
08-29-2004, 10:35 PM
Last year they had to forfeit the game to us. This year however, I'm not so sure how it's going to work out. Just whoever shows up to play I guess.

X21AAAPlayer
08-30-2004, 12:09 AM
Well when you have an enrollment of 1400 (not sure if that's right) I'm sure you'll have a pretty good back up in just about every position. Might be interesting for Jasper to return the favor from last year though:)

JasperDog94
08-30-2004, 09:52 AM
Didn't Jasper beat PNG 2 years ago?

X21AAAPlayer
08-30-2004, 02:17 PM
I believe they did, I think 28-0? Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it was the same year that Orangefield almost knocked off PNG in PNG as a rescheduled game for a tropical storm.

Bulldog92
08-30-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Didn't Jasper beat PNG 2 years ago? We won that game 25-0, but as you know from when we were kids, they always seem to play well against us and that game in '02 was definitely the exception to the rule. It should be fun in Jasper this week. :)

Old Cardinal
08-30-2004, 02:59 PM
I saw that last minute set-up game between Orangefield and PNG two years ago. OF played them off their feet! Yes, it's almost impossible to beat the Indians at the reservation. Their hometown Refs really panicked and made some awful calls to assure that PNG won the game in the fourth quarter. For decades now it's been almost impossible to beat PNG at the Reservation.

Junkyard
08-30-2004, 03:04 PM
Jasper beat them at the reservation in '02 despite the homecooking from the refs.

Cat22
08-30-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I saw that last minute set-up game between Orangefield and PNG two years ago. OF played them off their feet! Yes, it's almost impossible to beat the Indians at the reservation. Their hometown Refs really panicked and made some awful calls to assure that PNG won the game in the fourth quarter. For decades now it's been almost impossible to beat PNG at the Reservation.

Your right OC. I think OF was winning at the half 9-7. I believe it was 15-15 going into the fourth, then that's when those yellow hankies starting coming out.
PNG was not going to lose to two 3A schools in back to back weeks, especially at the Reservation.

JasperDog94
08-30-2004, 03:35 PM
The yellow "hankies" started coming out in the second half of the Jasper/WOS game. It went both ways, but that sure slowed down the game.

Supertilley
08-30-2004, 03:53 PM
wo-s have beaten pn-g at their place a few times. Last year was amazing.