PDA

View Full Version : toby070, I don't understand why?

bohemian
01-24-2002, 08:10 PM
Brent Slaughter didn't make the TSWA All State team. I see Mikey Meeks made 3rd team. Slaughter should have gotten some recognition. That's my opinion.

toby070
01-25-2002, 08:46 AM
Bohemian, I was hoping you'd come back in here..I was really glad to see Josh on the first team. He's a hitter, and deserved it.

As for Brent, I really don't know why he didn't get on there. I really thought he'd at least make 2nd team on the AP team when I saw that Wimberley had someone on the first team (Alex Villaret), and I thought he'd have an even better chance of getting recognition on the coaches team. I feel bad for him, he's a team player, but I'm sure he's disappointed. Hopefully he'll get a good scholarship, I think he has a few good options available, but haven't talked to him in the last 3-4 weeks.

Good to see you in here again!!!!!

bohemian
01-26-2002, 05:40 PM
Nice to hear from you too. I did see Brent make honorable mention both ways. That's still not a fair shake for the kid. I seen a lot of kids play over the years and he seemed to be one of the best. Yeah, Josh was excited about the award. The thing he was most excited about was the Defensive Player of the Year. He shared it with two others. Not too bad for closing out his high school career. I have to say it made me a proud father. For your son to be named 1st team all state is great, but to be named Defensive of Player of the Year is indescribable. Take care.