PDA

View Full Version : Liberty????

hsfootballrules
08-29-2004, 02:01 PM
I was wondering what happen Friday nigh can someone give me some input on why Silsbee got such a big lead early

Gobbla2001
08-29-2004, 03:35 PM
(not being a smart-A here) Maybe Silsbee was just that much better?

pantherpop
08-29-2004, 04:07 PM
Silsbee was just to much for us. A really big, physical team such as Kirbyville and Huffman, which I'm afraid we will have problems with. Three long pass plays which our DBs just didn't make a play on were the difference. Our offense was just stuffed in the first half but I kinda expected it with our small and young offensive line. To Liberty's credit they really came out to play in the second half and we looked like a completely different team. I really think that the offense will be very potent by the time district rolls around and once we work out our problems of defense, (still some changes being made) they should be in a position to control games. Hats off to Silsbee , they are big, fast, and well coached and will turn heads this year. Not so much of a suprise to me however since we played them last season so I knew they would be much improved. The same can be said for Kirbyville. We scrimmaged them last year and they were the only team to just physically dominate us. All that being said, Liberty showed me enough to make me feel good about the season at hand. A lot more speed than last year for sure. Once our young players get some experience their sure gonna be tough to handle.

Ulrich von Lichtenstein
08-29-2004, 11:38 PM
So, the Panthers actually made it through a week without getting into a fight...?

Bravo, Liberty.... :clap: :clap: :clap:

X21AAAPlayer
08-30-2004, 12:06 AM
They are probably sick of getting run for it. If we would have ever gotten in to a fight during a game..... I couldn't imagine what the coaches would have made us do.:eek:

Panther Ross
08-30-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Ulrich von Lichtenstein
So, the Panthers actually made it through a week without getting into a fight...?

Bravo, Liberty.... :clap: :clap: :clap:

POST EDITED

You won't last long here if you keep it up!

Consider this your first warning!

JasperDog94
08-30-2004, 10:08 AM
I'd edit that if I were you, before one of our mods does it for you...

daddy02
08-30-2004, 01:05 PM
panther ross must be eating crow after all that trash he was talking.......I figured he would be all over this board, but I guess he realized liberty is human

JasperDog94
08-30-2004, 02:45 PM
Granted that was a low blow Pather Ross, just keep your cool. Don't anger mom...:D :D :D

Ulrich von Lichtenstein
08-30-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Granted that was a low blow Pather Ross, just keep your cool. Don't anger mom...:D :D :D

Yeah, I guess that WAS kinda low, JasperDog94, but I still think it should embarrass the Panthers to get into fights in not one, but TWO scrimmages this year...

I actually feel a little bad for LHS, though. Last year, they had one of the best teams in recent memory for Liberty, and they flopped in the first round of the playoffs. (I don't mean that in a smart-A way, but I think most of those involved with the team last year believe that they could have gone much, much deeper into the playoffs.)

This year, it started off looking like the Panthers were going to pick up where they left off last year, but then Coldspring showed everyone how to shut down Liberty's rushing attack.

Now Liberty has lost to Silsbee, who had won something like once in the last two years. This may be a tough season for LHS, despite their having such high hopes early on...

Then again, they may turn it all around and surprise us all. (Provided they stick to football and leave the brawling out of the mix...)

sahen
08-31-2004, 12:15 AM
if i remember right bad 1st halves is nothing new for liberty's teams...last year they did a lotta of coming back early in the season and for about the first 5 games it seemed like diffrent teams played each half....pretty much the same story the year before adn looks like this team is starting out the same way....but they dont have the line to come back like they did in the past....and they got way to far behind in silsbee....we wil see if that is the case this year or if they just rnt as good as last year...im not sure yet but i do know the bad half thing isnt new for this liberty team it has been happening in teh past....thought i'd point it out...

Panther Ross
08-31-2004, 10:09 AM
What ulrich said is totally uncalled for! You cannot talk bad about some team you don't even know. We work too hard to be made fun of. I watched the video of the of the fight over and over again we did NOT start that fight and anybody who says different well you have some serious problems.

Panther Ross
08-31-2004, 10:29 AM
What I said was low. I apologize for what I said.

Panther Ross
08-31-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by daddy02
panther ross must be eating crow after all that trash he was talking.......I figured he would be all over this board, but I guess he realized liberty is human

I would like to know what trash I was talking daddy 02. If I remember correctly the only thing I said about Liberty was that our Offensive line needed improvement and that we had some of the fastest people in the district. Absolutely nowhere did I talk trash to anyone or about anything. Please quote me if I am wrong.

fanofthegame
08-31-2004, 09:24 PM
As someone that was at the games, both of them,and someone who attended other Liberty games where fighting occurred, a lot of stupidity went into the fighting. First, versus Santa Fe this year, you could hear some of Liberty's players saying how they were going to take it to "them white boys". When that really didn't happen and Santa Fe beat Liberty's JV, and matched Liberty's varsity, you could hear some of Liberty's players accusing Santa Fe of using racist comments. That led to one of Liberty's players chasing a kid from Santa Fe after a play had ended. That Liberty kid should have been tossed. Another incident during the game had a lineman from Liberty visibly choking a lineman from Santa Fe. So, I do not know how one could say that Liberty 1)did not start the fighting or 2)take a stance as if Liberty is totally innocent. The kids from Liberty just need to grow up, play football, and use talk on the field as motivation to go out and kick some butt.

Ulrich von Lichtenstein
08-31-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Panther Ross
What ulrich said is totally uncalled for! You cannot talk bad about some team you don't even know. We work too hard to be made fun of. I watched the video of the of the fight over and over again we did NOT start that fight and anybody who says different well you have some serious problems.

Well, I suppose I have "some serious problems", then. I am very familiar with the LHS football program, and I was there when the fight happened at the Coldspring scrimmage. I saw very well what happened, and to say "we didn't start it" is ridiculous. Five or 6 guys punching, stomping, and kicking ONE opponent is not that hard to pick out when it happens right in front of the home stands.

As for saying things like, "We work too hard to be made fun of"... PLEASE. It's not about the hard work. Hard work doesn't grant a team a free pass to behave like thugs. A fight every now and then MIGHT be passed over as somewhat excusable, but in consecutive weeks? If you can't see the seriousness of that, then you are truly blinded.

Also, Panther Ross, you didn't do your cause any great service when you went off on some tirade on here that had to be edited out. I'm sure you "worked really hard" on whatever you said, so I'll make sure not to make fun of you about it.

Ending on a more serious note, please know that not everyone in Liberty is willing to overlook boorish behavior in the name of winning football games. Having class and respect is worth so much more....

Old Cardinal
08-31-2004, 10:32 PM
I have a friend that has followed Liberty football for some time and he also said that a bunch of the Liberty team jumped a Coldspring ball player at their sideline in and unprovoked manner. He expressed his disappointment that the same type thing happened at a Santa Fe vs Liberty scrimmage. I know when I was a youth our Coach would have had us doing squat jumps and pushups till the sun went down that day!
I personally have not seen Liberty act this way but totally believe this witness of the actions at both the Santa Fe and Coldspring preseason scrimmages.
This is not an isolated incident it has happen at a number of scrimmages at other places. I think that the UIL should step in. To have the Sheriffs Department have to respond to a HS scrimmage such as in this Liberty thing, is not good publicity for HS football that traditionally has had a very good reputation.
I just hope that a bit of reason is extended and ANYONE who starts an unprovoked fight be kicked off the playing field for at least 6 weeks.

Eagles52
08-31-2004, 10:34 PM
I just wanted to congratulate you on using the word "boorish"...always a favorite lol

slamminsam316
08-31-2004, 11:21 PM
Everyone talks about fighting like its a bad thing...:D

AggieJohn
09-01-2004, 01:36 AM
ahhhhh...high school drama. how i don't miss it anymore, remember when high school drama was part of your daily life...

ok, now to reality, "dem boys" we refer liberty to being, quit being them boys......When i waterboy'ed Yes Waterboy'ed for the football team, we took our wins confidently and our losses as a team, first thing they did was go back to the board on saturday morning...it shames me personally to think that Liberty has become a bunch of thugs, honestly do you think that you could hold your temper....

remember when liberty was a bunch of class players, let's bring that back this year boys, thanks and gig'em panthers

Panther Ross
09-01-2004, 10:57 AM
If you were there at the scrimmage then you should have seen how our wide receiver hit the guy, the guy got mad started shoving, the whistle blew he kept it going than our sidelines jumped in. Did I say anything about us getting free passes to fight because we work hard, no . We work hard and people like you make fun of us getting into fights and not getting into fights and so on. If you know the program so well than you should know that we work extremely hard and we dont talk about fights and how we are going to start things with other teams. We may have started a few fights in the santa fe but I dont know, but I can assure you that we did not start that fight against Coldsrping. I watched that film over and over again. Coldspring took off their helmets and started to swing at our players. You do not know a single thing of what gos on at our practices, nobody does. Everybody thinks they got Liberty figured out. They think we are thugs who loves to start fights. I promise you that we did not start that fight. Santa fe I know for sure and linemen that was choking somebody, do you know why he was doing that, he fought our qb

JasperDog94
09-01-2004, 11:09 AM

We may have started a few fights in the santa fe... Santa fe I know for sure and linemen that was choking somebody, do you know why he was doing that, he fought our qb So did you or did you not start fights? I'm confused by your statements.:confused:

falcon88
09-01-2004, 02:51 PM
Liberty?

falcon88
09-01-2004, 03:05 PM
I was at the Silsbee game last friday, and what I saw was a Liberty team that looked very unmatched and totally different from last years team. The defensive line from Silsbee straight regulated the O-line of Liberty like there was no line. Explayer, I was reading a topic where u had posted a reply about Havard, Clawson, and Earp being huge loss. Maybe you should try Every senior that left being a huge lost. I agree that Havard may have been the huge lost on Defense, but on the offense...im goin to have to go with the whole line. The biggest offensive lineman for Liberty is the center. They lost both guards and both tackles. Both guards were atleast 250-270. I know for a fact that Liberty had the strongest offensive line last year in that district. I had a oppurtunity to judge a couple of powerlifting meets the last two years and I saw one of Libertys lineman do some things that most kids cant. With the talent that they lost up front last year, It's probably safe to call this one a rebuilding year.

Eagles52
09-01-2004, 10:13 PM
There are some who would say "rebuilding" about the Falcons this year after a convincing loss to santa fe. This comment does not come from me b/c I have not so much as even seen film of the game but I know a person who attended and thought maybe Huffman was overrated...but once again this is not from me I am not nearly informed enough to make a comment like that, I was just wondering what your response would be

hsfootballrules
09-01-2004, 11:55 PM
Huffman is overrated........I can already answer that I am dont buy that they have a replacement for crew.........they were getting beat 36-0 until they scored last friday

Panther Ross
09-02-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by falcon88
I was at the Silsbee game last friday, and what I saw was a Liberty team that looked very unmatched and totally different from last years team. The defensive line from Silsbee straight regulated the O-line of Liberty like there was no line. Explayer, I was reading a topic where u had posted a reply about Havard, Clawson, and Earp being huge loss. Maybe you should try Every senior that left being a huge lost. I agree that Havard may have been the huge lost on Defense, but on the offense...im goin to have to go with the whole line. The biggest offensive lineman for Liberty is the center. They lost both guards and both tackles. Both guards were atleast 250-270. I know for a fact that Liberty had the strongest offensive line last year in that district. I had a oppurtunity to judge a couple of powerlifting meets the last two years and I saw one of Libertys lineman do some things that most kids cant. With the talent that they lost up front last year, It's probably safe to call this one a rebuilding year. \

Most defintely rebuliding for the o line. We did lose alot of talent on the oline

AggieJohn
09-02-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by falcon88
Maybe you should try Every senior that left being a huge lost.

well if you want to get emotional with it, ok

Panther Ross
09-02-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
So did you or did you not start fights? I'm confused by your statements.:confused:

The reason why our center jumped on him like that is because he started a fight with our qb.