PDA

View Full Version : Quit Talking Down

neck_06
08-29-2004, 01:37 PM
The Columbia Roughnecks beat the Yoakum Bulldogs friday night pretty handily, by a score of 28-10. Coming in to the game, the necks were 18 point underdogs, and there were only about 60 people who thought they had a chance (50 of them were on the field), but when the smoke cleared the necks beat Yoakum by that same 18 point spread. So look out 3A the necks are for real.

jason
08-29-2004, 01:45 PM
when the play somebody good then we'll see how 'real' they are...

Gobbla2001
08-29-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by jason
when the play somebody good then we'll see how 'real' they are...

Yoakum is pretty good actually ha...

You guys still have 14 games to go, though... Hang in there...

bd62
08-29-2004, 04:42 PM
matthew who is one of the moderators on 3a down low picked w.c. to beat yoakum. so neck6 not everyone thought that way. i sure did not contest him on that one because i knew it would be a tough game down at there place against a team that wanted to win there first game at 3a badly and get started on right foot.. yoakum has won 75 % of there games the last 5 yrs and they will rebound. cheap shot from jason but he is probably feeling bad cause forney lost.

neck_06
08-29-2004, 05:04 PM
i wasn't talking to anyone in here, only the people from brazoria county who didn't give the necks the slightest chance to win in this weeks picks. not even the cat picked w.c.

bd62
08-29-2004, 05:16 PM
those same people who did not think you had a chance will get on the bandwagon as long at you keep winning. its sad but true.. good fans support teams when they are rebuilding. thats when teams need that support. good luck to you guys rest of season.

mwynn05
08-29-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by bd62
matthew who is one of the moderators on 3a down low picked w.c. to beat yoakum. so neck6 not everyone thought that way. i sure did not contest him on that one because i knew it would be a tough game down at there place against a team that wanted to win there first game at 3a badly and get started on right foot.. yoakum has won 75 % of there games the last 5 yrs and they will rebound. cheap shot from jason but he is probably feeling bad cause forney lost. hmmm why are you going to call him out and say hes taking a cheap shot then turn right back around and do the same thing?

3afan2K3
08-29-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by bd62
matthew who is one of the moderators on 3a down low picked w.c. to beat yoakum. so neck6 not everyone thought that way. i sure did not contest him on that one because i knew it would be a tough game down at there place against a team that wanted to win there first game at 3a badly and get started on right foot.. yoakum has won 75 % of there games the last 5 yrs and they will rebound. cheap shot from jason but he is probably feeling bad cause forney lost.
Wasn't it yoakum who lost to the team who went 1-9 last year? While Forney lost to a team who might be there best team ever.

neck_06
08-29-2004, 09:40 PM
that team that went 1-9 also played:

El Campo (3 rounds deep in 03)

Bay City (State Finalist in 03)

West Orange Stark (now 3A #1)

Brazosport (had Kedric Goins who is starting at A&M)

Brazoswood (nearly beat Pearland in the playoffs)

Dickinson (playoff team in 03)

w.c was young, but their schedule was no cake walk, forney might have faired the same way with this schedule.

Necked
08-29-2004, 09:59 PM
Ahh...the exuberence of youth! I remember when I used to walk around with my fangs hanging out all the time. But 300+ games has tempered my attitude...
Chillout alittle bit there neck_06, and give these folks a chance to get to know us, then the respect will come once it is earned.
Excellent point made bd62...those wagon jumpers really irritated me in 2002, they only showed up for the playoff games, didn't watch the game & only cheered when we scored, & kept jabbering amongst themselves nonstop all around me, and when Brenham has us beat by halftime, did they stay till the end to show their supposed "support" for the team for a spectacular season? Hell no, they were all gone before the bands were finished! I have no use for people like that....
Gobbla probably remembers some of those guys that stirred up anamosity on another board when my Necks were winning, then disappeared when we started losing again. No one would take me as a Neck backer seriously again after that....

Props to the Defensive line that only gave up 15 yds rushing & came up with 2 fumbles & 2 interceptions....

Oh, and don't mess with Jason, he's meeeeeeeean!:tongue:

neck_06
08-30-2004, 07:43 PM
LOL i'll be sure to remember that next time :)