PDA

View Full Version : Olympics Update - August 29, 2004

Phil C
08-29-2004, 08:49 AM
8:45 P.M. (4:00 P.M. in Greece)

Computer problems so sorry about no updates Saturday.

This is the final day's competition. I know there are some more events that probably haven't been reported but I don't know if USA can win any more medals. It has been a great olympics for us. Right now we have more total medals than other countries with 101 to Russia with 88 and China with 62. We lead in gold medals by 35 to China's 31. If we can get one more medal we will break the old 101 record we set in LA in 1984 that Russia boycotted. I don't know if there are any more events we can though. A great olympics and we passed our goal of 100 medals. Some surprises such as one of our ladies getting a fencing gold meda and our soccer women getting the gold along with some disappointments such as our 4X100m women goofing up and getting disqualified and our shooter with a gold medal cinched shooting at the wrong target but overall a very sucessful event for the USA. Amy Acuff of Callalen may have made a bad dicision that cost her the bronze by passing on a high jump but this is maybe but she should have tried the jump because if she had cleared it she would have got the bronze. A terrible decision. Anyway a great success for the USA! GO USA!! TRY AND GET ONE MORE MEDAL FOR THE RECORD IF YOU CAN! IF YOU CAN'T - GREAT JOB!!

Gobbla2001
08-29-2004, 08:54 AM
BEST OLYMPICS WE EVER HAD!!!

????

3afan
08-29-2004, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
BEST OLYMPICS WE EVER HAD!!!

????

LOL

Phil C
08-29-2004, 07:02 PM
7:00 P.M. (3:00 A.M. Monday in Athens)

I guess that we have the final count unless some changes are made due to illegal drugs or whatever. Right now USA wins in total medals 103 to Russia's 92 followed by China with 63. The USA beats China in the gold medal count 35 to 32. By my system the final big three were USA with 836 points, Russia with 680 points and China with 540 points. A great olympics and all the countries even if they don't figure in the above systems have reasons to be proud of their athletes' accomplishment. Just the participation and effort brings out the pride. Overall though the USA won - so to speak! :) Way to go USA!