CHS_Grad '85
08-28-2004, 09:52 PM
Caldwell 19 ... Bellville 7
Cameron 31 ... Fairfield 0
Giddings 14 ... Sealy 3
Hutto 56 ... Cedar Park Vista Ridge 0
Manor 45 ... Del Valle 14
Smithville 0 ... Weimar 6

:clap: Congratulations to all those in District 19 AAA... looks like everyone is off to a great start... this should be a very interesting season...

opps sorry for the incorrect information... that's what I get for posting so late at night... lol

Pudlugger
08-28-2004, 09:55 PM
Lorena is not in this district. La Grange is and they play Cuero Friday.

Mustang '89
08-28-2004, 10:03 PM
Smithville lost 6-0

hutex04
08-28-2004, 11:17 PM
yeah I still dont know who won the smithville game, i saw smithville 6-0 then weimar 6-0 then smithville etc etc.... so im not sure who won that game.

Mustang '89
08-29-2004, 12:06 AM
Articles from the AAS: 19-AAA

Manor runs over Cardinals
Stampede led by first-year quarterback

Saturday, August 28, 2004

DEL VALLE — So much for a learning curve.

Manor's Curtis Williams, making just his second career start at quarterback, looked to be in midseason form as he led the sixth-ranked Mustangs to a 45-14 victory over Del Valle on Friday night at Veterans Memorial Stadium.

Williams, a starter at defensive back most of last year for the Mustangs, picked apart the Cardinal defense with clinical precision. The senior completed 11 of 18 passes for 185 yards and four touchdowns.

"I've just been working hard in practice and trying to listen to what the coaches are telling me," Williams said.

Williams chipped in with 47 yards rushing and made good decisions all night long while running the option play.

"Actually, (running) is his strong point," Manor Coach Don Cowan said. "We saw that least year in the games he played at quarterback."

Manor did most of its damage in the first half, blowing open the game with an 18-point second quarter. Tailback Markeith Davis scored his second touchdown of the night on a 2-yard run midway through the period to give Manor a 20-7 lead, and Williams connected with Wayne Bustamente — who split the Del Valle defense on a seam route — for a 32-yard scoring strike with five minutes to go before the half.

After a Cardinal punt, Williams found Kel Marshall on a 20-yard fade route to garner his third touchdown of the night and give Manor a 32-7 halftime lead.

Williams added his fourth touchdown pass in the third quarter, when he connected on a 46-yard fade to Ernest Quander, who made a nifty fingertip grab despite blanket defense from a Del Valle defender.

The Cardinals' Jason Mitchell paced a 275-yard rushing attack with 161 yards and a touchdown on 22 carries.

— John Hock

Cameron Yoe 31, Fairfield 0: Quarterback Ryan Mullins helped Cameron Yoe cast aside memories of a 1-9 campaign in 2003 by passing for 151 yards and two touchdowns and rushing for 57 more as the visiting Yoemen blasted Fairfield. Fairfield threatened only once in the game, losing the ball on downs at the Yoe 15 in the third quarter.

Giddings 14, Sealy 3: The Buffaloes continued last year's winning ways by riding their running game. Giddings rushed for 254 yards on 46 carries, led by senior Keith Spacek, who totaled 99 yards on 19 carries.

Giddings led from start to finish, buoyed by a 51-yard opening drive. After the opening return put them on their 49-yard line, the team's ground attack put it in the end zone.

Sealy threatened shortly before halftime, driving inside the Giddings 20. A missed field goal left Giddings ahead 7-0 at the half.

With 3:58 left in the third, Sealy managed a field goal to close to 7-3. A 50-yard completion set up the field goal.

Giddings, however, put the game away with a touchdown with about 4 minutes left to play in the fourth.

Hutto 56, Vista Ridge 0: Three Hutto running backs rushed for 100 or more yards as the Hippos' 564-yard ground harvest as the District 19-3A team ruined Vista Ridge's football debut at Bible Stadium in Leander.

Jerrick Gauthier led the Hippos with 149 yards and three touchdowns, Shilo Wampler added 143 yards and one score and Jeremey Kerley collected 104 yards with one score. Vista Ridge, using freshmen and sophomores, never moved the ball out of its territory.

Weimar 6, Smithville 0: Weimar broke open a scoreless game with a rushing touchdown late in the fourth quarter to take the win.

Smithville fumbled the ball at its 15-yard line with 3:26 left in the fourth quarter and Weimar recovered. Running Back Brandon Burley punched it in one play later for the game's lone score.

In a back and forth game, Smithville and Weimar both grounded it out, with Weimar totaling 231 yards rushing, while 168 of Smithville's 179 total yards were on the ground. Weimar had 241 total yards.

Chris Hayward had 110 yards on 22 carries for Smithville.

Smithville, 0-10 last year, drove inside the Weimar 20 twice.

La Grange
08-29-2004, 12:49 AM
Caldwell 1-0
Cameron 1-0
La Grange 0-0, first game is agianst Cuero this Friday
Manor 1-0
Hutto1-0
Giddings 1-0
Rockdale 0-0
Smithville 0-1

District 19 looks pretty even.

Old Tiger
08-29-2004, 11:04 AM
district will be very interesting...

Pudlugger
08-29-2004, 01:01 PM
D19 is shaping up early to be one of the toughest districts in the state. I say that for two reasons: First it is an eight team district with 5 teams that went to the playoffs last season and two teams that went to the regional finals, Manor and La Grange; Second, since only three teams will make the playoffs from the eight at least 2 good teams of playoff caliber will stay home in November. Now you can find other districts that can point to having tough teams too but not a district with eight teams like D19. It is going to be a brutal season with each game being one that makes or breaks the playoff hopes of one or the other teams. The level of play will be better for it as no one can afford to take anyone in the district for granted. I wouldn't be surprised to see a grouping of three or more tied for second in district with coin tosses and game stats deciding who goes and who stays home in D19.

Old Tiger
08-29-2004, 01:18 PM
Did they win or lose?

Mustang '89
08-29-2004, 01:23 PM
They lost 6-0. I put the article from the game a few post above this one.

theyoefnshow
08-29-2004, 02:37 PM
I don't like the idea of automatically giving 1st and 2nd to La Grange and Manor. Yes they are both good and La Grange is consistant but look at Gatesville last year. Probably the best team in the state that stayed home. I think alot of things are going to show THIS week. Caldwell took care of Bellville, lets see how Cameron handles them. Rockdale opens against a seemingly strong Lorena team and La Grange starts off as well. Who do Manor, Caldwell and Giddings have this week?

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
08-29-2004, 02:46 PM
Caldwell is at Leon,Giddings is at Yoakum,Manor is home with Aus Johnton

Old Tiger
08-29-2004, 02:50 PM
where is Leon?

hutex04
08-29-2004, 03:42 PM
Hutto at Travis, cant forget my hippos. We will try and make some noise, Play Liberty Hill after the travis game, can't wait to see how we compete against a district favorite

Pudlugger
08-29-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
I don't like the idea of automatically giving 1st and 2nd to La Grange and Manor. Yes they are both good and La Grange is consistant but look at Gatesville last year. Probably the best team in the state that stayed home. I think alot of things are going to show THIS week. Caldwell took care of Bellville, lets see how Cameron handles them. Rockdale opens against a seemingly strong Lorena team and La Grange starts off as well. Who do Manor, Caldwell and Giddings have this week?

Where is it stated in this thread that Manor and La Grange automatically are 1st and 2nd? My post is clear on the matter that this district will be the most competetive in 3A. Yes, don't forget Hutto or Cameron, they are coming on strong. I would not be surprised if 7 of the 8 teams in this district win 5 or more games in the regular season. This is going to be a real horse race. The district champion may be any one of these teams. Smithville, however, will struggle in this district. The rest are very competetive.

CHS_Grad '85
08-30-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
where is Leon? Not sure... but HornetMom & I have decided somewhere near Jewitt... we think... lol