PDA

View Full Version : A fact not noticed--Kirbyville 47 Cleveland 0

Old Cardinal
08-28-2004, 06:33 PM
The most underated team in 3A football this season is the Kirbyville Wildcats. Jasper folks passed on the highway through a little town with a good team to get to Orange last night. Now Cleveland is not your strongest team in 3A but ask Navasota, they are not your worst either. Kirbyville has that rare situation this year to have the whole team back and they are going to give everyone they meet a very tough game, Jasper included. Yes Jasper and WO-S have high enrollments and will be good every year but Kirbyville with a sparse enrollment has a great team every once in a while--this is one of those big years in progress for the Wildcats.

NHSRattler60
08-28-2004, 07:09 PM
I will vouch for that, Clevelands not the best, but im sure they arent the worst. Sure they cheat and talk trash and are undisciplined and dont get along with each other very well, but they still are pretty good athletes. And I'm being serious. If they learned to keep comments to themselves and learned how to do things right, they would be a good football team.

NHSRattler60
08-28-2004, 07:23 PM
And dont forget, the seson just started, so virtually everyteam (save for a few) are under/over rated.

hsfootballrules
08-28-2004, 09:47 PM
i will say this clevland is horrible this year maybe second to last in their district saying that you are correct about kirbyville

Hupernikomen
08-29-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
The most underated team in 3A football this season is the Kirbyville Wildcats. Jasper folks passed on the highway through a little town with a good team to get to Orange last night. Now Cleveland is not your strongest team in 3A but ask Navasota, they are not your worst either. Kirbyville has that rare situation this year to have the whole team back and they are going to give everyone they meet a very tough game, Jasper included. Yes Jasper and WO-S have high enrollments and will be good every year but Kirbyville with a sparse enrollment has a great team every once in a while--this is one of those big years in progress for the Wildcats.

If kirbyville brought back all of their players as you suggest then they will be tough to beat. They had some studs in the backfield.

whatusay2
08-29-2004, 08:18 PM
Yes--people noticed! Jasper fans were talking about the score at half time. Jasper will not be overlooking Kirbyville or Silsbee. At this point, I say Kirbyville or Silsbee could win district. Based on the performances of Jasper, Kirbyville and Silsbee, the teams may be about even. We'll see how the rest of the non-district games go.

Old Cardinal
08-29-2004, 09:40 PM
I would still give Jasper the solid nod; however, Kirbyville has a unique teamwork situation mentality that is a somewhat rare commodity these days. It ought to be a challenging situation for Jasper to play Kirbyville this season.

Bobkat
08-29-2004, 10:08 PM
Kirbyville is definetly for real...I saw them against Lumberton and Hamshire Fannett a couple weeks back in a scrimmage. Very good on both sides of the ball with an attacking defense and very well balanced offense. I was really impressed as they man-handled both Lumberton and Hamshire Fannett. Someone also told me that they played Newton to a 1-1 tie. Is that true Newton fans? I didn't even know they scrimmaged Newton. They have good size and have some speed on both sides of the ball. They will be right in the thick of things in that district.

NHSRattler60
08-29-2004, 10:11 PM
Well now, I look back at the original post and now that i think about it, Kirbyville isnt even underestimated. In fact if you go to Texashsfootball.com and check the rankings, Kirbyville is #17 in 3a. So I wouldn't say underestimated.

J-town Hustler
08-29-2004, 10:17 PM
I've been saying it for a while now. Kirbyville definitely has some potential. Two years ago they played us in a close game, and last year we had to play catch up at the beginning. They almost beat Newton also. And yes, they are not looked upon as highly as they should be. I respect them as a team, and I look for them to have a great season and to be a real test when it comes time.

PPHSfan
08-29-2004, 10:20 PM
THSF Poll had them ranked at 16 in the State. That seems to be about right don't you think?

Bobkat
08-29-2004, 10:28 PM
That sounds about right to me.

Reveille
08-30-2004, 08:31 AM
I spoke with Jack (their head coach) several weeks ago. He had a good feeling about this team. I told him that he had done a very good job over the past couple of years getting them to believe in his system and that they could win. Of cousrse, he quickly pointed out that they have been winning.
If they can just get over the hump with a big game like a Jasper or a Newton, They are going to be extremely tough. The past couple of years Kirbyville has given Jasper and Newton all they have wanted. Kirbyville will be in the playoffs again this year. They could also go into the playoffs as the district champs.

Old No. 7
08-30-2004, 09:44 AM
Kirbyville is excited about this year. I hope all the teams stay healthy during the season. K-ville lost a player friday night. He broke his arm above the wrist on the opening kickoff. Hopefully he will be back in 6 weeks. K-ville has been playing good on both sides of the ball. Good luck to all teams this week.

Old No. 7
08-30-2004, 09:54 AM
Reveille, I don't think it's the team that has a hump to get over. I don't think Jack can coach in a Jasper, Newton game. Just my opinon but I think i can prove my point. ....... I better stop before I get started. I can't wait till district.

JasperDog94
08-30-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Old No. 7
Reveille, I don't think it's the team that has a hump to get over. I don't think Jack can coach in a Jasper, Newton game. Just my opinon but I think i can prove my point. ....... I better stop before I get started. I can't wait till district. Naw, go ahead and tell us how Kirbyville is going to beat Jasper. It never hurts to know another team's gameplan!;)

Old No. 7
08-30-2004, 11:05 AM
lol. that wouldn't be any fun but if you must know......lots of prayer! :)

Reveille
08-30-2004, 11:32 AM
7, 94 and I feel your pain. You don't want to keep all of that inside about Jack. Remember, we had him at one time also. Go ahead and vent.

JasperDog94
08-30-2004, 11:42 AM
I'm not feeling any pain. I respect Jack, but wouldn't trade him for our current coaching staff. I like what we've got.:)

sphinx-1906
08-30-2004, 01:08 PM
Yes Newton and Kirbyville tied in the game portion of the scrimmage 1-1. Newton outscored Kirbyville during the scrimmage portion, but that is not important. Kirbyville has a solid team this year and my hat is off to coach Alvarez and crew. I hope "The Ville" does well this year. They do have some good talent and a solid group of coaches. I just wonder about that Barbay guy!!! He must be a first year coach or something.LOL. Keep getting after em Bunkhouse yall are looking good.