PDA

View Full Version : Burnet at Liberty Hill?

Chris Hart
08-28-2004, 04:51 PM
Burnet will travel to LH to take on the arch rival Panthers Friday. Burnet is coming off a 30-18 win over Taylor in their 4A debut, but will be without their starting QB James Parks, who suffered a broken arm(non throwing) early in the 3rd quarter against Taylor. Burnet's backup is soph Cullen Stifflemire, who saw his first varsity action last night in emergency fashion. The Panthers return 9 starters from a potent offense. The QB and both RBs return. The RBs are both juniors, they have a new FB in their wing-T offense. They are typically very stingy against the run, and without Parks to throw for Burnet, what are your thoughts? Both teams have been 9-0 going into their last two meetings, it should be a great game. Let's hear it!

WTtexanf_ball06
08-28-2004, 05:06 PM
i think that liberty hill will wreckshop on burnet..... for one ... stifflemire is a sophomore and is way to young to be running burnets so called " potent offense " .... personaly i think burnet is overrated becuz i was on the texan jv team last year who was the only team to beat the hole burnet football team in the regular season 33-16..... and liberty hill will want payback from the past 2 seasons.... so im pulling for liberty hill and i wish them a good season except for the last game when they play us at home wich is gonna be one of the biggest games in central texas... and LH i think has one of the best backfields in central texas..... so burnet best watchout.... any comments?

LH Panther Mom
08-28-2004, 05:23 PM
Chris, sorry about your QB. Hope he recovers soon.

You know, we've looked forward to this since realignments came out - the game of the year at the first of the season. I hope our boys are ready for this - at least we have a lot of returning starters who know what it's all about.

You know I don't typically make predictions on winners & losers, and I won't start now. I will say that our boys are going to have to play at the top of their game, even with your QB out. It will be a tough fought game.

I'm just hoping to make it through Thursday night, with a voice left for Friday. If not, I guess I'll have blisters on my fingers from the cow bell.

GreatBigBurnetFan
08-28-2004, 07:21 PM
Evening everyone,
I think the LH game was going to be a VERY difficult game with
everyone healthy. I certainly wish them well against everyone, especially Wimberley. Everyone except us. Playing in LH doesn't help our cause either.

I think at times our running game was great, other times average.
Our running backs were point of excitement and concern. The points of concern were not protecting the ball and not always running agressively. Our pass protection was good. At times our defense against the run was outstanding, other times average. I'm sure this was still 1st game rust.

I was really impressed with James and our receivers. We will sorely miss him. I feel that Cullen, with more work, will do a good job. He will certainly need more than average protection.

LH Mom, I'm confident that LH will do a great job and realize some dreams. I will be cheering for you, except next week. I hope you folks make it through without serious injuries. Injuries that can certainly effect a great season.

AS with LH Mom, I'm not one for predictions. I will certinly be looking forward to a little luck and perhaps another victory, but less costly this time!!
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan:(

Old Dog
08-28-2004, 08:30 PM
LH always has those smaller, quick linemen that harass an offense into mistakes. They have no "quit" in them and will deal Burnet misery (especially with a rookie soph QB). Burnet's RBs have GOT to run with more authority than they did against Taylor because there is no strong armed QB to keep the defense honest. The Rbs and the OL must start putting some people on their rear ends! The defensive line and backers are going to have to deliver big time so the DBs have time to learn play recognition and react properly. I was somewhat disapointed that our huge OL had so much difficulty sealing off the edges to protect play development.

It's very easy for us to sit in the those comfy seats and spot mistakes. I have every confidence that time and our good coaches will hone this team to it's upmost ability in short order.

Chris Hart
08-29-2004, 01:18 PM
ttt

KTJ
08-29-2004, 03:49 PM
Wow, this should be a good one.

Chris Hart
08-29-2004, 04:02 PM
Hey KTJ, Did you get to come to the Burnet game Friday?

lv2937
08-29-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by WTtexanf_ball06
i think that liberty hill will wreckshop on burnet..... for one ... stifflemire is a sophomore and is way to young to be running burnets so called " potent offense " .... personaly i think burnet is overrated becuz i was on the texan jv team last year who was the only team to beat the hole burnet football team in the regular season 33-16..... and liberty hill will want payback from the past 2 seasons.... so im pulling for liberty hill and i wish them a good season except for the last game when they play us at home wich is gonna be one of the biggest games in central texas... and LH i think has one of the best backfields in central texas..... so burnet best watchout.... any comments? :clap: I think your not giving our soph. qb enough creit . Wasnt Stephen a soph. when he first started on varisty. I I think Cullen will show everyone that he is a good qb. Rumors that i have heard was that he probaly beat out Parks for the starting job by district . That came from a real good source,

ldenison6
08-29-2004, 07:56 PM
i think that liberty hill will wreckshop on burnet..... for one ... stifflemire is a sophomore and is way to young to be running burnets so called " potent offense " .... personaly i think burnet is overrated becuz i was on the texan jv team last year who was the only team to beat the hole burnet football team in the regular season 33-16..... and liberty hill will want payback from the past 2 seasons.... so im pulling for liberty hill and i wish them a good season except for the last game when they play us at home wich is gonna be one of the biggest games in central texas... and LH i think has one of the best backfields in central texas..... so burnet best watchout.... any comments? i think burnet has a good chance if the play good.stifflemire is very very fast and it is gonna take a lot to catch him and if our running game is good all he has to do is hand it off so i think liberty hill best watch it

espn1
08-29-2004, 08:33 PM
i think that liberty hill will wreckshop on burnet..... for one ... stifflemire is a sophomore and is way to young to be running burnets so called " potent offense " .... personaly i think burnet is overrated becuz i was on the texan jv team last year who was the only team to beat the hole burnet football team in the regular season 33-16..... and liberty hill will want payback from the past 2 seasons.... so im pulling for liberty hill and i wish them a good season except for the last game when they play us at home wich is gonna be one of the biggest games in central texas... and LH i think has one of the best backfields in central texas..... so burnet best watchout.... any comments?
The only reason that Wimberley beat Burnet's jv is because they moved up a few of the starters to varsity to get ready for the playoff's.

KTJ
08-29-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Hey KTJ, Did you get to come to the Burnet game Friday?

No I didn't get a chance to come Chris. I may try to make this one though.

Chris Hart
08-30-2004, 10:03 AM
Let me know something this week if you are, hopefully we could meet.:)

beefy
08-30-2004, 01:33 PM
Burnet (without Parks) will get stomped. Glaeser is a girl at inside lber. Haese is worse at center. What will happen when the year of the cat is upon us. Oh my!!!

Someone got on my computer when I was logged in. I think Liberty Hill will be a force to reckon with. They have my respect.

espn1
08-30-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
No I didn't get a chance to come Chris. I may try to make this one though.
Better get there early if you want a seat. Like about 4 P.M.

olddawggreen
08-30-2004, 07:57 PM
Im betting that Burnet will probably fill up a good portion of the home side bleachers like they did last year. NOTE: Wear LH colors to get in early (south gate?) and then change to green after your in.:D :D

LHMom
08-30-2004, 09:12 PM
Burnet will travel to LH to take on the arch rival Panthers Friday. Burnet is coming off a 30-18 win over Taylor in their 4A debut, but will be without their starting QB James Parks, who suffered a broken arm(non throwing) early in the 3rd quarter against Taylor. Burnet's backup is soph Cullen Stifflemire, who saw his first varsity action last night in emergency fashion. The Panthers return 9 starters from a potent offense. The QB and both RBs return. The RBs are both juniors, they have a new FB in their wing-T offense. They are typically very stingy against the run, and without Parks to throw for Burnet, what are your thoughts? Both teams have been 9-0 going into their last two meetings, it should be a great game. Let's hear it!

Well, Chris - you know I'm going with LH, but we will have to correct our mistakes from last week.

Look for me. I'll be on the 50 yd line, 4 rows from top, ringing a cowbell! GO PANTHERS!

Old Dog
08-30-2004, 10:15 PM
ODG, your are a sly devil aren't you?

SintonFan
08-31-2004, 01:36 AM
There is some history between these teams. I've seen those sophmores from two years ago on the Bulldog side. Burnet by 8+. Sorry Liberty Hill, but you guys will rock come playoffs in region four!:)

BIG19
08-31-2004, 04:53 AM
This should be a very good game. Really looking forward to a great game from both sides. I think it will be closer than many think. I felt that way even before Parks went down. I am just hoping that both teams make it out without injuries. I will be there in spirit for the Dawgs! Best of luck to both teams!

Should be a very good measuring stick for both teams.

Chris Hart
08-31-2004, 11:58 AM
ODG, That's not a half bad idea. I got there last year at 5:45 and had to look for a while just to get a good place to stand by the fence.

olddawggreen
08-31-2004, 01:18 PM
There was a lot of green over on the home side the last time we played in Liberty Hill.:D :D

olddawggreen
08-31-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Old Dog
ODG, your are a sly devil aren't you? :devil: :devil: :D

KTJ
08-31-2004, 03:21 PM
Still trying to decide if I can go.

What time does the game start and where do I get a ticket?

Chris Hart
08-31-2004, 08:51 PM
KTJ, the game starts at 7:30. I would guess the only way to get a ticket is at the gate, unless you could get with someone from LH. .if you're not there by 5:30 you will have to stand, or sit on the LH side(which will also fill up, but not til later).

LHMom
08-31-2004, 09:48 PM
No tickets are pre-sold, even for LH folks. (Exception - family & senior passes - but they don't guarantee a seat!) We'll be lined up just like the Burnet folks. :p

KTJ
08-31-2004, 10:08 PM
LH Mom--

How much are the tickets?

olddawggreen
08-31-2004, 10:18 PM
LHMom, are you guys going to have that good BBQ again this year? My wife will be in LH for our sons 8th grade game on Thursday night (I will be at our youngest sons 7th grade game in Burnet) then we will all be in LH on Friday to watch my oldest son. I hope you guys have some good eats again this year, were gonna be running to short on time to eat anywhere else. Cant live on Frito Pies though. :D

LH Panther Mom
09-01-2004, 12:40 AM
I'm sure they'll have the bbq on the home side, as well as hamburgers & sausage wraps, etc. The band boosters always have fajitas. Guess I'll be working in the concession stand - until 8:00 anyway. That's one good way to make sure I don't have to stand in line to get a ticket. :D

ODG - I guess your wife & I will be watching the same game, Thursday. My son is supposed to be starting at quick guard - not sure of his game #, but practice jersey is 77. Maybe he'll be # 54, like my oldest was in 8th grade.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THURSDAY NIGHT!!! GO CATS!

olddawggreen
09-01-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I'm sure they'll have the bbq on the home side, as well as hamburgers & sausage wraps, etc. The band boosters always have fajitas. Guess I'll be working in the concession stand - until 8:00 anyway. That's one good way to make sure I don't have to stand in line to get a ticket. :D

ODG - I guess your wife & I will be watching the same game, Thursday. My son is supposed to be starting at quick guard - not sure of his game #, but practice jersey is 77. Maybe he'll be # 54, like my oldest was in 8th grade.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THURSDAY NIGHT!!! GO CATS!

LH Panther Mom, I will let you know as soon as I know what my sons number is, My oldest son is #1, but the two younger guys hadn't gotten their numbers the last time I asked. Do you guys still have that kid that kind of dominated the field last year in 7th grade? I dont remember his name, but it seemed like he was everywhere. My middle son and some of his friends got to meet him and some of your other players while our varsitys were playing last year and said that they were all really nice guys. I hate to miss this game but its my youngest sons first game in 7th grade and I can't miss that. I wish I could make them all :( . Let me know what your sons number is as soon as you know so my wife can watch for him. Good luck to your son and all your guys :) . This is going to be a fun week!

KTJ
09-01-2004, 11:32 AM
You folks are making me hungy. But I can't eat Liberty Hill BBQ without knowing how much a ticket will set me back.

:D

espn1
09-01-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
You folks are making me hungy. But I can't eat Liberty Hill BBQ without knowing how much a ticket will set me back.

It should be no more than $8.00 & probably $6.00. Pack some sandwiches come to the game and save money.

LH Panther Mom
09-01-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
LH Panther Mom, I will let you know as soon as I know what my sons number is, My oldest son is #1, but the two younger guys hadn't gotten their numbers the last time I asked. Do you guys still have that kid that kind of dominated the field last year in 7th grade? I dont remember his name, but it seemed like he was everywhere. My middle son and some of his friends got to meet him and some of your other players while our varsitys were playing last year and said that they were all really nice guys. I hate to miss this game but its my youngest sons first game in 7th grade and I can't miss that. I wish I could make them all :( . Let me know what your sons number is as soon as you know so my wife can watch for him. Good luck to your son and all your guys :) . This is going to be a fun week!

Sorry you won't be able to make it, but it's hard to be in two places at once. We'll swap #'s & I'll watch for your son. Sorry for ya'll, but yes he's still around. Cody Lattimore is his name - I just hope they don't put him on varsity next year.

LH Panther Mom
09-01-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

espn1 is right - probably $6. Hope you can make it.

Chris Hart
09-01-2004, 03:42 PM
I didn't get a chance to try any of the BBQ last time we were there. You guys sure are making it sound good, you sold me.:)

olddawggreen
09-01-2004, 07:16 PM
Sorry you won't be able to make it, but it's hard to be in two places at once. We'll swap #'s & I'll watch for your son. Sorry for ya'll, but yes he's still around. Cody Lattimore is his name - I just hope they don't put him on varsity next year.

LH Panther Mom, I just found out that my 8th grader is Number 30, hes plays Fullback and Outside Linebacker. For the record, my 7th grader is Number 46. This is the only year that I will have all three boys wearing Burnet Green at the same time. My oldest, #1 is a Sr. WR this year. It should be an exciting and busy year.
Good luck to your guys, I pray for both sides to remain injury free.

LHMom
09-01-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
LH Mom--

How much are the tickets?

I think they are $5 each. To be honest, I'm not certain that is still true. I get there early and help set up the concession stand and t-shirt sales so I am there before the ticket gates are open.

LHMom
09-01-2004, 09:11 PM
LHMom, are you guys going to have that good BBQ again this year? My wife will be in LH for our sons 8th grade game on Thursday night (I will be at our youngest sons 7th grade game in Burnet) then we will all be in LH on Friday to watch my oldest son. I hope you guys have some good eats again this year, were gonna be running to short on time to eat anywhere else. Cant live on Frito Pies though. :D

I remember my husband and I had to do split duty two years in a row. Hectic... but such fun memories. Then we went in to driving to some of those 3 hours away opponents on two consecutive nights. Finally we got 'em both on varsity last year!

Tell her to stop by the t-shirt table. I'll be selling t-shirts from 6:30 through half-time of the 2nd game. Thursday only. I'll be solely focused on football on Friday.

And yes - hamburgers, sausage wraps & chopped BBQ! Eat early! They might run out!

LH Panther Mom
09-02-2004, 05:39 AM
olddawggreen, I found out he's # 55. He was hoping to get older brother's number, but it wasn't available.

LH Mom, guess I'll see you at the t-shirt table - still have to pay my booster dues.

olddawggreen
09-02-2004, 10:21 AM
I just read on Texas Prep that Parks will be suited up and available tomorrow night. :eek: :eek: :D

Chris Hart
09-02-2004, 10:24 AM
I just read on Texas Prep that Parks will be suited up and available tomorrow night. :eek: :eek: :D Is this some kind of joke ODG? With a broke arm I could see suited up, but available?:doh:

olddawggreen
09-02-2004, 12:40 PM
Yep, thats what their saying, of coarse they are also discussing the fact that because McGee left Burnet a semester early, he can re enroll and be eligble for one more semester of sports at Burnet. Coach Shipley and Coach Fran are working out the details as we speak! Look for a lot of MaGee to Reyes plays.;) ;) :D

LH Panther Mom
09-02-2004, 01:09 PM
Yep, thats what their saying, of coarse they are also discussing the fact that because McGee left Burnet a semester early, he can re enroll and be eligble for one more semester of sports at Burnet. Coach Shipley and Coach Fran are working out the details as we speak! Look for a lot of MaGee to Reyes plays.;) ;) :D

Wow, it's getting terribly deep. I may have to plan on wearing my boots to the game tomorrow.

Chris Hart
09-02-2004, 01:38 PM
I agree LH Panther Mom, it IS getting deep. I'm looking forward to a great game as long as the Panthers and DAWGS are tying it on, regardless of who suits up.:)

Ozzy
09-02-2004, 02:09 PM
http://www.burnet.txed.net/high/newsportspage/football/players/images/Varsity.jpg

Chris Hart
09-02-2004, 02:18 PM
I like the way you think Ozzy!;)

LH Panther Mom
09-02-2004, 09:02 PM
Olddawggreen,

How was the 7th grade game? I'm sure your wife is home by now with all the news. 8th-B game was 6-0 LH, I think. 8th-A was 14-14. I'll admit, I didn't actually get to watch your son too much, since I was paying attention to mine. :) I was quite impressed with my son's blocking most of the game - kinda reminds me of my oldest.

As I was dropping food back up at the game for him, I saw the score was 14-8 LH & we intercepted a pass. It was a couple of minutes to the end of half, so there's lots of game left.

olddawggreen
09-03-2004, 05:57 AM
Olddawggreen,

How was the 7th grade game? I'm sure your wife is home by now with all the news. 8th-B game was 6-0 LH, I think. 8th-A was 14-14. I'll admit, I didn't actually get to watch your son too much, since I was paying attention to mine. :) I was quite impressed with my son's blocking most of the game - kinda reminds me of my oldest.

As I was dropping food back up at the game for him, I saw the score was 14-8 LH & we intercepted a pass. It was a couple of minutes to the end of half, so there's lots of game left.

LH Panther Mom, your 7th grade A & B teams both had a very good night. 7th grade A score was LH 14, Burnet 8, I believe the 7th grade B score was about the same. Congratulations on your son's blocking! My son on the field tonight is #1. Do you know what the Freshman score was? This is all just too much fun!:)

LH Panther Mom
09-03-2004, 06:22 AM
ODG, when my son left it was 24-22 with 2-3 minutes left. I've since read that it was 32-22, LH.

olddawggreen
09-03-2004, 09:53 AM
I agree LH Panther Mom, it IS getting deep. I'm looking forward to a great game as long as the Panthers and DAWGS are tying it on, regardless of who suits up.:)

Chris, deep water aside, Parks will be suited up tonight.

Chris Hart
09-03-2004, 10:02 AM
That's great news odg! I can't wait, it's GAMEDAY!:)

Chris Hart
09-03-2004, 01:29 PM
Six hours til kickoff! Go Dawgs!