PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young(AKA James Brown)

Chris Hart
10-11-2003, 03:33 PM
I made a statement earlier this week about Young resembling James Brown under pressure. So far it's holding true. Young is more talented than Brown ever was, but under pressure he must learn not to put the ball on the ground or in the opponents hands via the pass int. I wonder if the Longhorns can still possibly blame the int's/fumbles/losses on Chris Simms, as in years past. Maybe it's just me, but Young really reminds me of James Brown, and that ain't good. Although Young is the Horns ONLY chance of beating Oklahoma! wink

lepfan
10-11-2003, 03:36 PM
He is a great player...

sinton66
10-11-2003, 03:43 PM
James Brown was making those kinds of mistakes in his senior year. Young is only a freshman.

Chris Hart
10-11-2003, 03:56 PM
sinton66:
James Brown was making those kinds of mistakes in his senior year. Young is only a freshman.Very true 66. I'm a Red Raider at heart, but I do wish that Texas would beat Oklahoma sometime soon, as I'm sick and tired of Oklahoma getting the majority of their players from Texas high schools and then using them to beat all the major Texas Universities on a yearly basis. :mad: Or they could just send Bob Stoops and his staff to one of the Texas schools, and that would take care of Oklahoma.

sinton66
10-11-2003, 04:00 PM
I agree, everybody that has made a difference for OU today so far has been from Texas with the exception of their RB and QB. If it were'nt for the Texas players, they prolly wouldn't have that great a team.

LH Panther Mom
10-11-2003, 04:03 PM
I'm with you, Chris Hart - Go Tech! It's against my West Texas upbringing to root for UT, but I too am tired of OU.

<small>[ October 11, 2003, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: LH Panther Mom ]</small>

sinton66
10-11-2003, 04:07 PM
Hey Chris, I don't remember James Brown ever running for one like Young just did, do you?

lepfan
10-11-2003, 04:15 PM
Chris Hart:

sinton66:
James Brown was making those kinds of mistakes in his senior year. Young is only a freshman.Very true 66. I'm a Red Raider at heart, but I do wish that Texas would beat Oklahoma sometime soon, as I'm sick and tired of Oklahoma getting the majority of their players from Texas high schools and then using them to beat all the major Texas Universities on a yearly basis. :mad: Or they could just send Bob Stoops and his staff to one of the Texas
schools, and that would take care of Oklahoma.Read my post from 2001 about OU and TEXAS BOYS, it was written by a texas fan (jimbotx's thread)

lepfan
10-11-2003, 04:19 PM
sinton66:
I agree, everybody that has made a difference for OU today so far has been from Texas with the exception of their RB and QB. If it were'nt for the Texas players, they prolly wouldn't have that great a team.The texas players know a good program when they see one...and they can't wait to become part of it...maybe texas can not offer what they want...when stoops recruits he asks the question "do you want to win a national championship?" AND THEY DO....can texas offer and back that offer???? I don't think so!!!

Chris Hart
10-11-2003, 04:24 PM
sinton66:
Hey Chris, I don't remember James Brown ever running for one like Young just did, do you?You're right there 66, that is the talent difference in the two.