PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell 19 Bellville 7 final

punt
08-28-2004, 03:41 PM
Congrats Hornets.

Gobbla2001
08-28-2004, 03:56 PM
Wow, honestly wasn't expecting that score...

Good job, Caldwell...

Hang in there Bellville...

Pudlugger
08-28-2004, 05:25 PM
Great win Caldwell. D19 will be very interesting indeed. :)

CHS_CG
08-28-2004, 07:26 PM
Way to go Hornets! Thats my boys! We played a strong defence and a good offence the whole game! It was great seeing the Hornets in action again. This could turn out to be a very good season with Pittman and Williams on offence. It was a shock to see that last years number 15 Richard Ray was not on the feild this season. Yall keep your eye on Caldwell this year because we are coming strong baby!!!

mwynn05
08-28-2004, 07:40 PM
things wont get much better next week for bellville they have a tough cameron team coming up

Gobbla2001
08-28-2004, 08:09 PM
CHS_CG, I always thought your name stood for Cuero High School Cuero Gobbler(s)...

I like that name (i know, it's Color Guard, right?)....

Old Dog
08-28-2004, 08:15 PM
congrats CHS........been a while coming!

Gobbla2001
08-28-2004, 08:18 PM
Is your HC Rick Bivins now? Used to be a coach at Cuero... Taught my US history class my fish year and gave me a pretty nice lick :doh:

CHS_Grad '85
08-28-2004, 09:04 PM
No Bivins is the Offense Coach... Cobia is the HC/AD...

Gobbla2001
08-28-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by CHS_Grad '85
No Bivins is the Offense Coach... Cobia is the HC/AD...

Oh, ok... thanks...

Gobbla2001
08-28-2004, 09:09 PM
You guys wouldn't happen to have the stats on this one, would ya?

CHS_CG
08-28-2004, 09:41 PM
I am sure somebody will get them soon. I could probably get them but not as fast as some other people will or can! Again congrats CHS!

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
08-28-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
What other games will be played that day Bulls-eye? That's practically in our back yard. I don't expect Caldwell to be much of a challenge for Bellville, but if there are some other good match-ups, I may take the oppurtunity to get a look at Bellville and some other teams. Good luck to the Brahmas this year! Hay Chris do you think they will be a challenge now?

Chris Hart
08-28-2004, 10:52 PM
Hey, I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, it happens alot. I was dead wrong on this one, that's for sure. I'm not so sure if it's because I over-estimated Bellville, or under-rated Caldwell. Time will tell, but anyway it's a nice way to start the season. Good luck the rest of the way!:)

CHS_CG
08-28-2004, 11:51 PM
Yes Gobbla my sn stands for Caldwell High School Color Guard. I was in it for all three years that you are allowed and loved every minute of it. Dont worry Chris, most people do under-rate us but as long as you can admit you were wrong its cool.

Hornet05
08-29-2004, 07:56 AM
Football
August 29, 2004

High School Football Scores

Eagle Staff Reports

Caldwell 19, Bellville 7
ROUND ROCK — Kendrick Pittman ran for 268 yard and two touchdowns to lead the Caldwell Hornets to a 19-7 victory over the Bellville Brahmas in the Great Texas Shootout, in the season opener for both teams.

Pittman’s two touchdown runs came from 77- and 30-yards, the first breaking a 7-7 deadlock.

Bellville went on top with a 7-yard pass in the second quarter, but the Hornets answered with a scoring pass of their own.

Bryson Tucker hooked up with Freddy Williams for a 40-yard score to draw the Hornets even.

Pittman gave Caldwell the lead heading into the half, with the first of his two scoring runs.

Another scoring run by Pittman put the Hornets on top and interceptions by Williams and Josh Courtney in the fourth quarter helped Caldwell stave off any possible comeback.

The Hornets will return to action Friday when they play host to Leon.

Caldwell 19, Bellville 7
Category . . .Caldwell B’ville
First downs . . . . . .11 15
Rushing yards .52-340 42-177
Passing yards . . . .60 58
Total yards . . . . .400 235
PC-PA-PI . . . . . . .2-4-1 3-16-2
Punt/Avg . . . . . .2-54 3-38
Fumbles/lost . . . .2-1 2-0
Pen/Yards . . . . .8-65 5-30
Cald 0 13 6 0 – 19
Bell 0 7 0 0 – 7
Second Quarter
B — Kortland Benjamin, 7 pass from Emmanuel Sander (Ryan Pope kick). 12 plays, 80 yards.
C — Freddy Williams, 40 pass from Bryson Tucker (Matt Harper kick). 11 plays, 80 yards.
C — Kendrick Pittman, 77 run (kick failed). 3 plays, 80 yards.
Third Quarter
C — Pittman, 30 run (run failed). 7 plays, 55 yards.
Leading rushers: C — Pittman, 32-268, 2 TDs.
Leading passers: C — Tucker, 2-4-60, 1 TD.
Leading receivers: C — Williams, 1-40, 1 TD; Thurman Sims, 1-20.

BrahmaMom
08-29-2004, 08:03 AM
Wow, what a surprise for Brahma fans! Congrats to Caldwell! I said at the beginning that we would have to be patient with this young Bellville team, then I saw the Brenham scrimmage and thought they looked so good, thought maybe they grew up overnight. Not to be, I guess. We'll still have some bumps in the road and starts and stops as we all do in the growth process. Again, congratulations to Caldwell. To the Brahmas: Hold your heads up and learn from yesterday, don't make the same mistakes again, and get ready for next week. Go Brahmas!

Bull's-eye
08-29-2004, 09:59 AM
Congratulations to the Caldwell Hornets! Pittman had a great game against a young defense, that in the scimmages, had played the run quite well. Bellville's offense has to find some consistency, starting with finding a running game and avoiding the plays for negative yards. The offensive line must step up and create some holes and provide better pass blocking. The QB's must do a better job of throwing the ball. The trick plays usually don't work twice. On the defensive side, they must get back to stopping the run. We will find out if Pittman is that good or was Bellville just that bad. I noticed a lot of different players, so the coaches must still be searching for the right combinations. They must also avoid the long pass play. In the two scrimmages and in this game, they have allowed the opposing team to burn them for long plays or scores. The good news is that they have talent and they are still learning. Hopefully, with this tough pre-district schedule, they will be ready for district play.

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
08-29-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Hey, I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, it happens alot. I was dead wrong on this one, that's for sure. I'm not so sure if it's because I over-estimated Bellville, or under-rated Caldwell. Time will tell, but anyway it's a nice way to start the season. Good luck the rest of the way!:) Thanks Chris I think it was a little of both. The Hornets wave worked hard in the off season installing a new offense that should pay off for them. they should only get better as they get comfortable with the new O.

Bellville22
08-29-2004, 06:07 PM
Not a very good day for the Brahmas. This Bellville team is young, and very inexperienced. They'll get better as the season progresses, but it will be tough for them in a very tough district.

Congrats to Caldwell on a great game, keep your heads up Bellville and work to get better.

CHS_Grad '85
08-30-2004, 09:40 AM
Bellville played very well in my opinion... it was almost half-time before the Hornets started to look like they worked the butterflys out... flags were killing us (one was even called on the bench:rolleyes: )... but I think once Bellville scored it woke the Hornets up...

Good luck with the rest of the season Brahmas....

On to Leon Cougars, Hornets!!!!

HornetMom
08-30-2004, 10:13 AM
Yup, what a game. CHS_Grad'85, CHS_CG, fb_gurl, and all the rest of us had a great time. (Once we found the place, lol) Both teams look pretty good and both will need work. But the Swarm is hungry and it show on Saturday.

CHS_CG
08-30-2004, 11:49 AM
I loved seeing the Hornets playing again. They looked very good and very strong this year. We play Leon next week in Leon, which should be a good game also. I would love to be able to go but its a matter of me gettin off of work. lol Good luck to my boys Friday night!!! GO SWARM!